Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 27-01-03, 10:04   #1
Colin125

Arrow

I have come across this cheat system called Action Replay, and it look's really good even though I don't have it yet. The one reason I love it so much is because it has codes for RE: CVX (for people who have this game would know why I am so happy there are codes for it). As far as I know you can buy this cheat disc from the U.K and U.S.A. There is also a disc called X-PORT V2 (buy separately) with an USB cable so you can connect you PS2 to your PC so you can use it like a large memory card. With this disc you can also download savegame files from the site, for almost all of you favourite PS2 and PS1 games. I will give you the site in just a minuet. If you collect PSI-2 magazine you would already know about Action Replay. As I said before I love this cheat system because it has codes for RE: CVX. Ok, I know I said a long time ago that I wouldn't cheat on any game again, but this is different, CVX is a very hard game to play and is my favourite PS2 game so far, and yes I have brought the strategy guide.

So here is the site for Action Replay check it out.

Colin125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-03, 11:15   #2
Duffman

Smile

i saw action replay about 3 years or so ago here in Aus... but i feel that playing the games with cheats isnt as satisfying as without em... but i understand where you are coming from and have seen the system... easy way to cheat.

using the memory of the playstation and manipulate values in memory to change values from true to false + visa versa to give you things is just the same as hacking into a computer.

there are many things like this i have seen and another psx memory card thing is the dex drive, a drive connected to the PC which you can insert psx memory cards and download and upload information to and from (to the PC) like a media drive - a small one of course. i have a 256 block psx memory card (16 pages of 15 blocks each), so i could store more, but its a good thing to have and the dex drive site also allows download of memory card info.

i play my psx games on the computer now, altho i dont play them as often as i wish, but when i get the psx-to-pc controller cable ill definately play em more. i like playing it on PC for a few reasons, firstly graphics (pixels-vs-tv tear drops), hooking the headphones up for best sound, and i can download memory cards to the pc, and use them on the pc instead of buying dex drive or other equip...
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-03, 11:32   #3
Colin125

Thanks for replying DuffMan, I thought this would be a popular topic. Action Replay V2 is supposed to be the best in the world. I know cheating is bad but CVX is as I said before a very hard game, although I haven't completed it, it is my favourite PS2 game ever, but that will change when AOD is finally released. Have you played CVX? If you like I can give you the official site so you can judge if it is a good game or not. And also are you a Resident Evil fan.
Old 27-01-03, 11:32   #4
pault

The Action Replay 2 carts available for the PS2 are good, becuase not only do they get rid of the green screen problem, they also make the PS2 into a multi-region DVD player.
pault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-03, 11:39   #5
Colin125

I think I got the DVD disc free when I brought my PS2. I don't really use the PS2 dvd player, I play my dvd's on my dvd-rom drive. Pault, have you played RE: CVX?
Old 27-01-03, 12:01   #6
pault

ive not played that game you mentioned, to be honest, i'm not sure i've heard of it! Ploughing my way through Ratchet and Clank at the mo, while waiting for AOD, Galleon, Outcast 2, C&C Generals and numerous others....

Not really a Res Evil fan either, ive got RE2 and dino crisis and i find the camera angles really annoying, so dont bother with them.
pault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-03, 13:15   #7
Duffman

Smile

a semi-resident evil fan...

the camera angles do annoy me, but i liked the first game - clocked that one... A spooky game to start off with, but you get used to it. The spookiest game ive ever play tho is silent hill... OMG... i could not play that game at night ever... have you played it? - that damn heart beat and the fog and spooky blood and stuff... the start of the game, where you chase your kid and go into that alley with the blood... OMG that scared the krap out of me...

i dont have a PS2 yet, and havent played CVX (or Resident Evil: Code Veronica X)... but would like to get into it maybe when i get a PS2...
Old 27-01-03, 15:14   #8
Colin125

Talking

I haven't even heard of Silent Hill Duffman. Pault, I love Dino Crisis series as well, but I am so angry that DC3 is only for Xbox. Anyway here is the USA Capcom Resident Evil: Code Veronica X site. Here you will find movies, screen shots and a lot more. By the way Duffman RE: CVX is also available on Dreamcast but you will not get the 15 minuet extra movie footage. I also included in this post some PS2 screen shots of RECVX so you can see what it look's like.

Here is the US Capcom site for RECVX

Old 27-01-03, 17:38   #9
Annacia
Inactive

Duffman, I have Silent Hill. Yeah, creepy!
Which ending did you choose?
Annacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-03, 02:01   #10
Duffman

Question

gee... i cant remember, it was so long since ive played it...