www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 13-05-01, 22:35   #1
DRW
Hobbyist

The flares in my level will work only up to a certain point. If I start at the begining
of the level, they'll work until I reach the cavern part im building. If I re-convert the wad with Lara in the cavern, the flares work. It's only when I start at the begining of game that they'll stop working when I reach the cavern. Anyone else run into this problem?
DRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-01, 02:08   #2
DaleR
Historian

Sounds like you have some strange things happening. Is your game just one level or more than one level. Which level (wad) did you build it using? Is there just a portal (door) between the first part and the cavern?
DaleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-01, 05:12   #3
KingSpyder
Hobbyist

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRW:
The flares in my level will work only up to a certain point. If I start at the begining
of the level, they'll work until I reach the cavern part im building. If I re-convert the wad with Lara in the cavern, the flares work. It's only when I start at the begining of game that they'll stop working when I reach the cavern. Anyone else run into this problem?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have any Flame_Emitters in your level? Supposedly you can only have so many before you get this bug. Personally, I haven't experienced this problem, but there may be three solutions. One is not to use as many Flame_Emitters. Two is to split the level into two levels with a "jump" between them. And the third is to try and anti-trigger all the flame-emitters. Hope this helps.

KS
KingSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-01, 05:21   #4
DRW
Hobbyist

I'm using the Catacombs Wad (updated). The cavern is made up of several rooms. there's alot of doors and stacked rooms. Since my last post I've discoverd some more problems. The Wraiths statue animations don't work (won't get sucked in). Also, the push button animation for the switch type 1 doesn't work either. It does the animation for the wall lever like in TR1! I have no idea what went wrong with my project file. should I try reinstalling the Editor to see if that helps? thnx
Old 15-05-01, 05:27   #5
DRW
Hobbyist

Thanks Spyder. I actually have tons of flame emitters. I'll just delete alot of them or split the level like you suggested. But, it turns out that isn't the only problem i'm having with this thing now. thnx again.

[ 15 May 2001: Message edited by: DRW ]