www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 22-06-01, 04:10   #1
ywilkof
Hobbyist

I am using the catacombs wad, and for some reason every time i die, or load a save of this level, it just returns to the desktop. With the other wads it doesn't happen. As far as i heard, i am not the only one who has this problem. Can any1 help me?
ywilkof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-01, 07:10   #2
Phabius Phodes
Hobbyist

Exclamation

Maybe your camera coordinates are set for the original Catacombs level, so itīs trying to show a room which does not exist. Try to get your coordinates (in game, look a a good spot of your level and press F1, take note of the parameters on screen) and then create new english and script files.
Phabius Phodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-01, 04:46   #3
Pithar RoNaru
Hobbyist

OK. You build your level. You output the wad. You compile it, you play it, then save somewhere in the middle (or ANYWHERE in the game actually). THEN, you go back to the editor, make changes, re-output the wad, re-compile, THEN try to load your previous save using the newly compiled version, it WILL dump you to the desktop, EVERY time.
I mean EVERY time.

Hope this helps.
Pithar RoNaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-01, 10:42   #4
Dan Nuttall
Hobbyist

Talking

Okie dokie, this sounds like a problem I had myself once and it is indeed to do with the load up screen for your level . . . or the lack of one.

You need to put in camera coordinates that correspond with a room in your level. At the moment, the game has camera coordinates that do not correspond with anywhere in your level and so, when it tries to load it up, it gets confused and so chucks you out.

Ok, how to change your camera coordinates. Firstly, start your level and find a spot that you want to be your loading screen (if you want a high up one, type DOZY to get Lara to fly around) Once you're happy with the place press f1 and you will see in the corner of the screen a load of numbers. Write down these numbers carefully and then quit the game.

Go to TRLE/Script folder and (AFTER MAKNIG A COPY OF IT) open the script.txt file. Move down until you find the Catacomb level info and, at the bottom you'll find a long string of numbers. Simply delete these numbers and put in your new coordinates and save.

I think you need to double click on the English Script.bat after that and then when it's finished, you should then be able to load up your game without any crashing.

Hope this helps, if not then let me know

Dan
Dan Nuttall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-01, 11:35   #5
ChrisC
Hobbyist

Question

Okay, so where do you type DOZY, because I can't think of anywhere to type it.

Chris
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-01, 14:07   #6
Dan Nuttall
Hobbyist

Talking

You type DOZY anywhere, just type it.

When your game starts and Lara is standing there waiting for you t move her about, just type it and she'll perform a kind'a Karate Kid pose and you can then whizz her about.

It isn't essential to type dozy to get your camera coordinates you know, it just helps you get to those out of reach places.

Dan
Dan Nuttall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-01, 17:50   #7
ywilkof
Hobbyist

Thanks to everyone who answered my question.
When i first had this problem, i solved it by renaming catacomb files to tut1. every time i compiled to tut1 and played the level through 'playable tutrial level'. but i wanted that people will be able to load saves form the level without doing that, so i started this topic. Yesterday i tried to compile to the catacomb.tom file, and tried to save and load and it worked. I don't know what i did but it worked.

So thanks again to all.. and keep on raiding?
ywilkof is offline   Reply With Quote