www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-11-05, 22:45   #41
lorien elf
Archaeologist

Ah, shoot, you're right, mau3genius. It looks like he's ready to fight there too. Thanks for that earlier link too, Anubis. I checked it out, very interesting. I wish that Eidos would let Circle do the sequel to AOD. but I'm betting they hold bad memories of that episode, enough to not want to do it, no matter how much we AOD fans could plead with them. I loved the game, despite it's flaws and unfinished portions. It was a great new direction for the series. Too bad that it was rushed. Thanks for the Kurtie pics too, mau.
Old 29-11-05, 03:10   #42
mau3genius
Professor

Location: Rue Valise. Chantell Building - Gender: Fat Male (?)
You're welcome Limiel
Old 29-11-05, 05:08   #43
Kamrusepas
Legend

I'm just dying to know how the story continues, so I'll keep hoping that someone'll tell us...

But if I was Eidos, I'd probably let no one touch AoD and remind people of what a disaster it was...
Old 29-11-05, 16:10   #44
mau3genius
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamrusepas:
I'm just dying to know how the story continues, so I'll keep hoping that someone'll tell us...

Same feelings here

But, investigating thru the game, and on the internet, in script files, etc, we may can figure out what the whole game was, and what was going to happen next
mau3genius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-05, 16:36   #45
Kamrusepas
Legend

I've been reading a lot of stuff, but I have no idea what would've happened next

They [assuming they'd taken Kurtis into the sequel] would've gone to Turkey [the sequel was said to take place in Turkish catacombs]. Then what? Find other Nephilim?

And the third part of the series was said to reveal Lara's deeper connection to it all. Damn, pondering on that's gonna keep me up at nights....
Old 29-11-05, 22:39   #46
mau3genius
Professor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kamrusepas:
I've been reading a lot of stuff, but I have no idea what would've happened next

I was reading an interview with Adrian Smith, and, the end of the first of the trilogy (AoD) is Karel escaping**. Then, the second game appears, and Karel is in Capadoccia, with all prepared to restart the Nephilim race in a Stronghold. In this game, Core was going to show the real form of Nephilim. The whole game is under Turkey. And, obviousley, the third game is the conclusion of the story.

Yeah, I've just said little things, not too important

*And, Adrian also says that when the Chirugai vibrates, is cause Kurtis is still alive, and in the 2nd game, they'll show if Lara could get him on time or not.

**I think Lara doesn't destroy the Sleeper, but if she does, in AoD she wonders if the Lux Veritatis really destroyed the other 2.

I want the complete trilogy

[ 29. November 2005, 23:41: Message edited by: mau3genius ]
Old 30-11-05, 03:02   #47
lorien elf
Archaeologist

Hehe. Thanks, Mau. Oh yeah, wondering what was Lara's deeper connection to this mystery does bug me quite often. I bet it would have been really good. I have the sense about this story, when I think of AOD, that it was um well, I dont know how to say it, silly me but uh just that it seems Core devoted a lot of time and thought to it. It would have been big, imo, compared to previous stories in TR games that were kind of linear, simply put. I mean, she just learns about an artefact, finds out about other people who are trying to get the same thing, eventually beats them to that artefact, after trekking the globe, gets it, after beating a big boss, and then takes the artefact home to be put on display-in a secret room, and the end. Blah. Thanks for those tidbits, Mau3genius. hehe, I bet you've got some pretty interesting notes on the research you've done for the AOD story and its sequels. I so wanted to see more of Karel in the next game and the Nephilim especially. I think there was a hint of that in one of the interviews with Adrian or someone- that we'd see more of them in their city too. Exploring the underground city was the most attractive part about the next game, I think.
About what you said, Kamrusepas, I do hope that Eidos stops doing that and maybe in their generousity will somehow publish a book or anything about the sequels for those of us who are desparate to know? *pleading/pitiful look on face* Please?
Old 30-11-05, 05:38   #48
Kamrusepas
Legend

A book would rock my world... If it was well written
Old 30-11-05, 12:26   #49
mau3genius
Professor

Some info on Luther Rouzic... [Unleast, there are some parts that I've never seen before]

Honorary librarian of the municipal Archives of Prague and guard of the Vault of Trophies of Strahov. He's also known under "illusionist" nickname. Recognized for his knowledge of the ancient texts and the dead languages, he keeps the archives of the Strahov.

[ 30. November 2005, 13:30: Message edited by: mau3genius ]
Old 01-12-05, 01:06   #50
lorien elf
Archaeologist

Ooh, creepy. Hehe, that would have been cool to meet that creepy guy. I wonder what would have happened. Yes, the book would be good if it were well-written. But at the moment, even if it is passable, I still would so buy it, lol, just to know what would have happened!