www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 28-12-05, 04:09   #1
AnthonyShock1515
Relic Hunter

Angry Collagen extracted from Chinese prisoners!

Claims of collagen is being extracted from Chinese prisoners that have been excecuted! Heres the article...

EU regulations on the issue are currently in the draft stage but are not expected to come into force for several years.

The UK's Guardian newspaper reported that a sales agent for an unnamed Chinese cosmetics company is using skin harvested from the corpses of executed convicts to develop beauty products for sale in Europe.

Agents for the firm told a researcher for the paper who posed as a potential buyer that it is developing collagen for lip and wrinkle treatments from skin taken from prisoners after they have been shot.

The agents say some of the company's products have been exported to the UK, and that the use of skin from condemned convicts is "traditional" and nothing to "make such a big fuss about", according to the Guardian.

The chairman of a House of Commons select health committee, Kevin Barron, told the newspaper its members may launch an investigation into the allegation. The newspaper did not name the Chinese collagen company due to legal reasons.

The agent told the Guardian researcher: "A lot of the research is still carried out in the traditional manner using skin from the executed prisoner and aborted foetus."

The material was being bought from "bio tech" companies based in the northern province of Heilongjiang, and was being developed elsewhere in China, the Guardian reported.

"In China it is considered very normal and I was very shocked that western countries can make such a big fuss about this," the agent is reported to have said.

The agent said the Chinese government has put some pressure on all the medical facilities to keep this type of work in low profile.

"We are still in the early days of selling these products, and clients from abroad are quite surprised that China can manufacture the same human collagen for less than five per cent of what it costs in the west," he is reported to have said.

According to Amnesty International about 3,400 Chinese prisoners were shot in executions last year, and another 6,000 are on death row. The Chinese government has admitted that organs are transplanted from dead prisoners, but only with their prior consent.

Collagen is a structural protein found in skin, bones, tendons and other connective tissue. It is used in cosmetic surgery to plump up lips and flatten out wrinkles.

That is horrible!
Old 28-12-05, 04:12   #2
tlr online
Administrator

Bloody hell!
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-05, 04:16   #3
Tramp

Glad I don't use anything with Collagen.
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-05, 04:26   #4
AnthonyShock1515
Relic Hunter

Whatever happened to graceful ageing?
Old 28-12-05, 04:36   #5
tlr online
Administrator

Let's see if you think like that in your later years
Old 28-12-05, 04:43   #6
Tramp

Men don't have the same problem with ageing as most women.

A man with some grey in his hair is considered distinguished. A woman old.

Personally I couldn't give a damn, if people don't like me for what I am then that's their problem, not mine.

My problem with collagen is the creams they put it into. I have oily skin to start off with, so if I use them I break out in pimples (yes even at my age).
So I don't use moisturisers on my skin. Just water and usually Witch Hazel Lotion. I don't use soap on my face at all as soap is not really good for skin. Just water and a nice astringent to really help cleanse. And regularly Apricot Scrub. Good for keeping pimples at bay and deep cleansing especially for blackheads.
Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-05, 04:45   #7
tlr online
Administrator

I don't use soap either. Drys my face out.
Old 28-12-05, 04:46   #8
Capt. Murphy
Professor

Even the Government of China say that their people are happy under thier communist reign.

If it wasn't such a BIG DEAL - then why keep it LOW PROFILE to begin with?

I've even heard that they make little kitten figures out of real cats... That is: they use the fur from them. They have sold them at Wal-Mart stores here in the U.S.

Very shocking. Yet, I'm almost not surprised.

edit: Now I think I'm going to go through any hygene related products to see if they have collogen in them. I might throw them out if I think they may have come from China. :-x

Last edited by Capt. Murphy; 28-12-05 at 04:49.
Capt. Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-05, 08:36   #9
Satu
Archaeologist

I think if we knew what went into most products we would be horrified, but this is unbelievable, what next?

I stick to basics nothing fancy for me, preferably natural products.

Capt. Murphy I actually saw the kitten figurines at a Sunday market. I thought they look like the real thing and when I had a close look I was horrified because the fur was from a cat. People actually found it amusing. I was so disgusted and mad and I reported the culprits. Hence I never saw them again. Some people are really sick.
Satu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-05, 08:55   #10
Nessie
Explorer

...ew. Suddenly, I'm glad I don't use any products of that kind, whether this article is true or not. It just sounds so... unhygienic. Again, ew.
Nessie is offline   Reply With Quote