Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 09-01-06, 10:49   #1
Scottlee

Default What films do you despise? (that you've never actually seen)

Pearl Harbour
I refuse to watch this because it's probably rubbish. As if you do spoil a great opportunity to document an important piece of history by plaguing it with up some namby-pamby three way love triangle.

Bridget Jones' Diary, 1 and 2
This is more of a general principal thing. "Ooooh, let's stay in a watch Bridget Jones again. We can wear PJ's and eat Haagandaas". Oh please!

The Excorcist
Repeatedly voted No 1 horror film of all time, yet despite being something a big horror fan I absolutely will not watch it. Sorry, but the idea of a girl shrieking on a bed for 90 minutes does not sound either scary or engrossing. Give me Michael Myers and a bunch of randy, idiotic teenagers any day of the week.
Scottlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 10:55   #2
Kamrusepas

Many. I tend to have a lot of opinions about certain movies...
Kamrusepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 11:44   #3
Catlantean

I never despise a film until I see it. Sure, there are some I'm just not interested in seeing (romantic comedies or remakes of something I've seen before), but I can't say I hate it until I see it.

That said, one film I utterly despise is "Crossroads" with Britney Spears, and I'm ashamed to admit that I've watched it (a bunch of friends thought it'd be a good laugh...it turned out to be so stupid it wasn't even funny ).
Catlantean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 11:49   #4
Paperdoll

The Hulk - my brother tries to make me watch it but I just can't see the appeal in a big green CGI guy. At least the boxer with green paint made me laugh.

All the "vs" movies or crossover movies like Alien vs Predator, Van Helsing and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It reminds of the old Godzilla movies: "King Kong vs Godzilla"
I've watched Van Helsing but it bored me so much that I almost fell asleep. Dracula with a werewolf, Frankenstein and some more....nah don't think so, I'll just get back to my oldies.

By the way I've just watched Saw last night :X I had watched about 85% of the movie and was thinking "I don't know what's the big deal about this movie ...boring..." until it ended :X I'm still in shock. Talk about changing your mind

Last edited by Paperdoll; 09-01-06 at 11:52.
Paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 16:12   #5
spence

The Sound of Music. I have never sunk that low.

The Haunted Mansion. I actually fell asleep for more than half the movie (thank God).
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 17:16   #6
Spitfire

The sound of music, The king and I, (Anything older than me and a musical ugh)*Tho i did like Moulan Rouge....think how u spell it...
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 17:26   #7
LaRaMaster

All Star Wars Movies , i don't wanna see them cause the story is just so unreal
LaRaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 17:28   #8
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

I'm not sure I'd never watch a movie on principle. Also, I'd never take a movie-reviewers word for anything. I'll prolly give any movie a run once.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 17:32   #9
BX16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr online
I'm not sure I'd never watch a movie on principle. Also, I'd never take a movie-reviewers word for anything. I'll prolly give any movie a run once.
Me too, but it has to grab my attention in the first 10 minutes or I start channel flicking.lol
BX16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-06, 17:33   #10
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX16v
Me too, but it has to grab my attention in the first 10 minutes or I start channel flicking.lol
It's the first few frames that will decide for me. If the cinematography is good, then I'll watch anything.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote