www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 10-03-06, 02:30   #21
Thorn
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzCroft007
Speaking of which.... can somebody reccommend me some good types/brands? Has anybody ever went to a tannign salon -does it work? And what's better, store products or.... tans you get at salons?

Thanks
Salon! or the high end brands.
Old 10-03-06, 03:00   #22
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen Errant

Mel....have you gotten your doctor to refer you to a dermatologist? Maybe he just doens't know what is wrong and like most doctors does not want to look ignorant. Be careful if you tan the 'old fashioned way' Use spf400 if you can get it.lol but seriously, be careful. It always amazes me that with todays knowledge you can drive by any beach and see people lying there packed like sardines.
Well my problems are not only my skin, I think that is just one side effect. It's hard to explain, but basically something in my body is causing my heart to beat at a very rapid rate at times. Sometimes reaching over 160 bps. I went to see a doctor and I was tested for many, many different things. My health in general is fantastic though, I guess being a health nut pays off. . So it's nothing to do with that. Naturally, since my heartrate was the problem, they did several tests regarding my heart as well. After getting the results, my heart is perfectly healthy! So basically something else is causing my heart to race, but nobody knows what it is.

I've completely removed caffeine from my diet, so that is not the problem. If I have caffeine it could cause me to have a seizure. I accidentally drank a glass of iced tea a couple of weeks ago, I completely forgot! That one small glass of iced tea caused my heart to speed up dramatically, and I also started shaking histerrically and uncontrollably. Even the next day felt absolutely horrible! Other than that one time, I've been caffeine free for nearly 5 months now.

I don't take any types of medecine, and I'm definitely not on any drug. I've never taken a single drug in my life, so I know it's not that lol. I called the doctor and asked about what other tests we will be performing so we can find out what is wrong, but he just told me: "science is not advanced enough to figure out what's wrong with you, so you're just going to have to wait it out." The doctors around my area could care less about the situation though. Not once have they called me with any of my results or anything, I've constantly had to struggle to ever get ahold of them. Like I said before though, I'm moving, so I'll definitely be locating another doctor. Hopefully he/she will know better.

It's not like my high heartrate is a uncommon. It never maintains a steady beat. I'm extremely lucky if my heartrate is ever under 100 bps. One second it might be at 90, yet another it will reach 170. It's never constant, and I can feel it. I wore a heart monitor that showed my pulse at 225 at one point! All this while I am sedintary. I never did any excersizing when I wore that monitor.

Aside from that, I get plenty of excersize and am in great shape. I can't help but be mad when my doctor doesn't even seem to care about what is wrong with me.

Sorry for getting so off topic.

Last edited by Melonie Tomb Raider; 10-03-06 at 03:04.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-06, 03:15   #23
ILG49ers
Relic Hunter

Wow Melonie, that sounds horrible. You have a right to be upset with your doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
Do you purposely try to get a tan?
I don't have to try to get a tan. Being half African American and half French Canadian-American I'm naturally tan. Itís really nice not having to go in the hot sun, just to get a tan.
Old 10-03-06, 03:24   #24
Thorn
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider
Well my problems are not only my skin, I think that is just one side effect. It's hard to explain, but basically something in my body is causing my heart to beat at a very rapid rate at times. Sometimes reaching over 160 bps. I went to see a doctor and I was tested for many, many different things. My health in general is fantastic though, I guess being a health nut pays off. . So it's nothing to do with that. Naturally, since my heartrate was the problem, they did several tests regarding my heart as well. After getting the results, my heart is perfectly healthy! So basically something else is causing my heart to race, but nobody knows what it is.

I've completely removed caffeine from my diet, so that is not the problem. If I have caffeine it could cause me to have a seizure. I accidentally drank a glass of iced tea a couple of weeks ago, I completely forgot! That one small glass of iced tea caused my heart to speed up dramatically, and I also started shaking histerrically and uncontrollably. Even the next day felt absolutely horrible! Other than that one time, I've been caffeine free for nearly 5 months now.

I don't take any types of medecine, and I'm definitely not on any drug. I've never taken a single drug in my life, so I know it's not that lol. I called the doctor and asked about what other tests we will be performing so we can find out what is wrong, but he just told me: "science is not advanced enough to figure out what's wrong with you, so you're just going to have to wait it out." The doctors around my area could care less about the situation though. Not once have they called me with any of my results or anything, I've constantly had to struggle to ever get ahold of them. Like I said before though, I'm moving, so I'll definitely be locating another doctor. Hopefully he/she will know better.

It's not like my high heartrate is a uncommon. It never maintains a steady beat. I'm extremely lucky if my heartrate is ever under 100 bps. One second it might be at 90, yet another it will reach 170. It's never constant, and I can feel it. I wore a heart monitor that showed my pulse at 225 at one point! All this while I am sedintary. I never did any excersizing when I wore that monitor.

Aside from that, I get plenty of excersize and am in great shape. I can't help but be mad when my doctor doesn't even seem to care about what is wrong with me.

Sorry for getting so off topic.
Melonie tell the docs to run tests on your thyroid gland. If it's letting off extra hormones that might be why you're so excitable. I'm not an expert so I dunno. Maybe you're eating or taking something that might be affecting you.
Old 10-03-06, 03:41   #25
Angel666
Professor

I'm sorry Mel. Hopefully your new doc will be more helpful. THORN: I never tan and don't see why you would want to. You're so pretty pale. I'm Irish so I burn when I go out into the sun. I tried the fake stuff once (just on my legs, thank god) and turned orange. I never got what was so cool about being tan. Can some one explain? lol
Old 10-03-06, 03:43   #26
Melonie Tomb Raider
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
Melonie tell the docs to run tests on your thyroid gland. If it's letting off extra hormones that might be why you're so excitable. I'm not an expert so I dunno. Maybe you're eating or taking something that might be affecting you.
They've tested my thyroid, it came out ok. I really have no idea what it is, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what the new doc says. Thanks for your help though.
Old 10-03-06, 05:03   #27
Maureen Errant
Professor

No drugs or caffeine..tha'ts your problem right there.......... only teasing.
I can fully relate to having your heart not work "normally". I've got a skipping heart. At least 6 times an hour "or more" it skips and then beats hard a fast a couple of times to catch up. I've had this all my life and it comes and goes. Sometimes it's gone for a few months, and then suddenly it's back. Doesn't matter if I drink coffee or have a beer or a cig. I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and it hasn't made any difference to my heart. Hopefully it will help my lungs last a bit longer.
I't not serious...........just annoying. Aparently everyone on my father's side of the family had this and my grandmother lived to be 94 and my dad passed away when he was 87.
It's just scary when it's your heart, you know?
Old 10-03-06, 05:24   #28
DragonDan
Archaeologist

There is nothing wrong with being pale. I'm half British and half German. Not many people are more pale than I. Some years ago I was into tanning, but it was difficult - I burn way too easily. Now I'm happy just how I am.
And, living in Arizona, I see the effects of people who spend too much time in the sun without proper protection. Not a pretty sight.
Old 10-03-06, 05:36   #29
Maureen Errant
Professor

Hi Dan.........good to see you again.

I used to work at a golf course, and some of the diehard golfers had skin like lizards at 50.
Old 10-03-06, 05:54   #30
Soma Holiday
Professor

I'm pale....and I love it. I dunno, I used to let it get to me, but being pale fits my personality and my style...I'm very much an indoors person, I hate hot weather, and most of all...I HATE tan lines! haha...that alone makes me stay pale, cause I just hate the way tan lines look which is ridiculous in my opinion.

People pick on me all the time, but I burn instantly, so I'd rather be pale than get cancer, but since I prefer being pale, I guess it's easier for me to cope with...

You definately should'nt let it get to you...
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote