Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 12-04-06, 19:17   #1
TombRaiderLover

Default For all Parents on the Board . . .

Do you, parents, expect your kids who help around the house, or do you understand that if you don't ask, you don't get?
TombRaiderLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 19:48   #2
clairelovestlc

im not a parent, but since no one replied, i thought id contribute... my patents dont expect me to do anything, and dont let me really do anything around the house... i do try and help out though, and would love to cook dinner n stuff... but thats mums dept.

my job is family taxi service.
clairelovestlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 19:51   #3
Lavinder

My parents ask me to do almost everything and i just stand up and do it because i'm a good girl.

But all the time they moan at me for not doing things like cleaning my room and im like "tell me to do it and ill do it" they don't understand that I can't actually see that my rooms a mess

They just expect me to go of my nice comfy chair and clean all the room at my own will..
Lavinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 20:24   #4
meansizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairelovestlc
my job is family taxi service.
HaHA, that's why I have not got my License yet...
meansizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 20:39   #5
Catlantean

When I was little, I definitely needed to be told or I wouldn't do any of my chores. I think same goes for all the little kids, they just don't realize (or care ) when their room looks like a pigsty.
Catlantean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 21:08   #6
Celephais

I never viewed my room as a pigsty but rather having too much stuff and not enough space to put everything in.
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 21:14   #7
Paperdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celephais
I never viewed my room as a pigsty but rather having too much stuff and not enough space to put everything in.
Exactly. There are some stuff that my mom just goes crazy about and expects me to do like "Why couldn't you empty the kettle and wash it and put it in the cuvert?"
Errm... I had no idea that the tea wasn't good anymore... I'm not a witch.

And she does have the annoying habit of telling me to clean my room, until my brother gets his crap out of here I won't do it and besides it's my den, not hers

But usually, when my mom asks me to do something, I'll do.
Paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 21:21   #8
Maureen Errant

I was raised by OLD parents........not only in age but in attitude as well. I was about 5 when I was taught to sew.....about 8 when I was taught to knit and also to cook.
I was expected to keep my room as neat as a pin, and was smacked for leaving anything laying about. Shoes had to be lined up in my closet and clothes hanging up had to be hung according to type. Every Saturday I would help my Mom wash, wax, and polish the floors in the entire house.
As an adult I'm probably a bit pickier about my house than most, but as a parent of 2 teenage kids as long as their doors are closed and I don't have to see the mess I DON'T CARE....................If their rooms start to smell funky that's when I step in and start nagging. If they have no clean laundry in their drawers and closets..........that's not MY problem. I believe that if they take communal things into their rooms (dishes, phone, vacuum, etc) when they're done they should bring them back out into the communal living space.
Having been raised by two drill sargeants, I'm really trying not to perpetuate the cycle.

btw trl: do you do things your parents ask, when they ask? I know mine don't.............not all the time.

Last edited by Maureen Errant; 12-04-06 at 21:22.
Maureen Errant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-06, 21:31   #9
Catlantean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celephais
There's a difference between crowded and dirty/messy (aka, pigsty). Kids usually don't care about either
Catlantean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-06, 00:39   #10
DREWY

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderLover
Do you, parents, expect your kids who help around the house, or do you understand that if you don't ask, you don't get?
What a cop out. So if you don't say your hungry you don't have a meal cooked? If you don't say your clothes are dirty there is no washing done? "if you don't ask you don't get" This called 'growing up'. As you get older you inherit responsibility. Get used to it, its preparing you for later life. In the mean time look around and HELP OUT.
DREWY is offline   Reply With Quote