Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 15-06-06, 18:56   #1
Real Life Lara

Default Help, please... >(

Hey everyone... long, long, long story... Ill try to keep it as short as I possibly can... right... my Mum and Dad split up when I was ten, they got this big settlement thing where my Dad got to keep the house and me, as long as my mum had contact with me, equal rights and all the rest. Im 16 now though, and Ive suffered enough of her as I can possibly take... I thought that once I became 16, it was one of my rights to be able to tell her to stay away etc, but just tonight I found out she apparently has the 'right' to still read my Dr's records etc... is this true? Im really stuck because I dont know what rights I have, and now its all a huge argument and she's now threatening my Dad with all this legal 'Ill get the solicitors involved if you dont let me have my rights' stuff... I just want her to stay away completely, Id like my privacy without her reading my documents and all the rest: She might be my biological mother, but other than that she's no-one to me and I cant stand the fact that someone I despise this much still appears to have so many 'rights' over my wellbeing, which honestly, she is doing no good to. In fact she's only making it worse and I dont know if I can take much more That was probably long and complicated, but to sum up: can anyone tell me what rights I have, because Ive searched the internet and cant find much o_O Im 16 now... do i really have to wait another 2 years before all this can end once and for all? Thanks in advance..

Last edited by Real Life Lara; 15-06-06 at 18:58.
Real Life Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 18:59   #2
RAID

It's wrong of her to read your docs and stuff. I don't know about your country, but in mine, indipendence is from 18 onwards. I'm really sorry about what's going on with you.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 19:02   #3
Real Life Lara

Damn, that was what I was afraid of... I think its the same in the UK, but I was hoping Id be wrong... thanks anyway...
Old 15-06-06, 19:17   #4
Apofiss

Possibly there are few ways, but I presume it's too complicated and requires someone official in laws.. anyways right after 18 everything should be ok.
Apofiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 19:18   #5
AnthonyShock1515

Im in the exact situation as you.

Only Im 3 years younger, My father is dead, and my mother is really being horrible to me.

I made a vow to leave home when Im 17 and never go back. She steals my money my family send me from Liverpool and buys cigarettes, my brother is a cannibus addict and is very aggressive, he always smashes things and argues with my mother, she cant do anything, my stepdad is too much of a wimp to stand up for her. My mother really doesnt care for me, she only buys food. I have to provide my own clothes, cook for myself. And yet she says shes worried about me when Im out half an hour late. I swore I would leave when Im older, Im meant for better people, smarter people, I have nothing left where I am, the only reason Im staying is for my friends, my education and my independence. I always cry about it. But this is the first time Ive ever told anyone this, I dont think I could tell anyone face to face. I would tell my aunt, but my mother has stopped me phoning her because she doesnt want me to tell her anything, when she rings I have to speak to her in front of my mother.

I really dont know whatm to do, I cannot wait until 16 or 18. I dont belong with these people, I've told child forums but they cant do anything to help me.
AnthonyShock1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 19:41   #6
Alive_and_Funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyShock1515

Only Im 3 years younger, My father is dead, and my mother is really being horrible to me.

I made a vow to leave home when Im 17 and never go back. She steals my money my family send me from Liverpool and buys cigarettes, my brother is a cannibus addict and is very aggressive, he always smashes things and argues with my mother, she cant do anything, my stepdad is too much of a wimp to stand up for her. My mother really doesnt care for me, she only buys food. I have to provide my own clothes, cook for myself. And yet she says shes worried about me when Im out half an hour late. I swore I would leave when Im older, Im meant for better people, smarter people, I have nothing left where I am, the only reason Im staying is for my friends, my education and my independence. I always cry about it. But this is the first time Ive ever told anyone this, I dont think I could tell anyone face to face. I would tell my aunt, but my mother has stopped me phoning her because she doesnt want me to tell her anything, when she rings I have to speak to her in front of my mother.

I really dont know whatm to do, I cannot wait until 16 or 18. I dont belong with these people, I've told child forums but they cant do anything to help me.
Haven't you phoned Childline?
Alive_and_Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 19:41   #7
ace_85

To the best of my knowledge, in the UK it is illegal for your GP to break patient-doctor confidentiality unless they feel you are at any serious risk of injury. When you become an adult (i.e. 18+) it becomes illegal for them to do so, full stop. Hope that helps
ace_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 19:53   #8
Real Life Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_85
To the best of my knowledge, in the UK it is illegal for your GP to break patient-doctor confidentiality unless they feel you are at any serious risk of injury. When you become an adult (i.e. 18+) it becomes illegal for them to do so, full stop. Hope that helps
...yeah I thought that.. my mum lives in Norfolk, hundreds of miles away, so the only way she could be even getting in contact with my Doctor is either by phone, mail etc... how do they even prove who theyre giving information to then? Ive been reading up on the data protection act and Im deffinitely gonna have a word with my Doctor... =/ Whys everything so complicated

I hope everything works out for you too Anthony...
Old 15-06-06, 22:11   #9
Kamrusepas

I'd go to some lawyer's office or something and find out.
Kamrusepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-06, 22:16   #10
CerebralAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyShock1515

go to a payphone and phone your aunt
CerebralAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote