www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 19-06-06, 18:43   #1
AdamTheInept
Student

Question Eidos' Problem?

I was thinking...
MAYBE the reason eidos has such a huge problem with us seeing the video is because it's going to give us expectations aside from what we want...

I've heard speculation that a FULL remake of TR1 wont be able to be done in time, that Eidos was maybe upset that a video showing a remake of TR1 leaked, when a remake became financially and logistically impossible, giving the time constraints from now until november.

If it WAS a remake, why wouldnt the press release we've gotten say it's a remake? The amount of fervour and craziness that would cause would surely help promote the game, at least in these forums.

What im kinda thiking, is that Core was working on the remake, Eidos realized that it wouldnt be done in time, sacked Core, and now has CD making this ANNIVERSARY EDITION, of which we know nothing about.
The information (though, mainly the LACK of information) has me kind of leaning towards the possibility that this AE is not a remake... and if it is, it's just a collection of levels.

If we were told we're getting a full-blown remake of TR1, then a sissy collection of levels would be a major let down. We've been hinted at getting a full-blown remake, and now Eidos is running around attempting damage control.

This is all just ramblie speculation... But i for one am NOT going to get my hopes up over the Anniversary Edition.
AdamTheInept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-06, 18:44   #2
//hikari
Explorer

or that the Remake would be a lot better than whatever CD is creating right now.

Since Zip and Allister weren't in TR1 they'd have to scrap it =)
//hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-06, 18:47   #3
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

It depends on how many levels there are... it doesn't sound like just some levels from TR1 (which would then, of course, be shorter than TR1) it sounds like levels from multiple TR's... I support this idea just so long as they are well done and there are enough of them.
Old 19-06-06, 18:48   #4
//hikari
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave
It depends on how many levels there are... it doesn't sound like just some levels from TR1 (which would then, of course, be shorter than TR1) it sounds like levels from multiple TR's... I support this idea just so long as they are well done and there are enough of them.
I just don't see that though. I don't see them adding good length or keeping excellent puzzles.
//hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-06, 18:49   #5
AdamTheInept
Student

well, yeah. that's what i was getting at... not necessarily only on the fact that it was Core doing it and CD would suck ass (cause i dont particularily agree), but because whatever we're gonna get now would maybe seem like a joke next to a remake of the first Tomb Raider.

Hmm... collection of levels, or full remake?
I dont think we need a poll to decide which would be more unanimously preferred...
Old 19-06-06, 18:49   #6
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by //hikari
I just don't see that though. I don't see them adding good length or keeping excellent puzzles.
If they are redoing the levels why wouldn't they keep them the same? All the level layouts are done they just need to spruce 'em up and make sure Lara moves around well in 'em.
Old 19-06-06, 18:49   #7
Tomb Raider Jay

Lightbulb

I think it's best if no one gets there hopes up until we get the official word from Eidos

Last edited by Tomb Raider Jay; 19-06-06 at 18:51.
Tomb Raider Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-06, 18:50   #8
AdamTheInept
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raider Jay
I think it best if no one gets there hopes up until we get the official word from Eidos
10-4
Old 19-06-06, 18:54   #9
Tomb Raider Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamTheInept
10-4
Erm what does that mean?
Tomb Raider Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-06, 18:56   #10
AdamTheInept
Student