Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 03-08-06, 07:36   #1
VonCroy360

Default The General Harry Potter thread

Seeing as there are many fans here, and also seeing there is at least one thread a day about harry/book7/movie5/dumbledore..., I decided to make this general thread; for all disscussions about hp.
Enjoy
VonCroy360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 08:54   #2
Rivendell

So *** really is dead then eh? Oh well. I thought he might be, 'twas probably needed to give Harry that angry little power trip to defeat V.
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 08:54   #3
Jake Croft

Im sure there was already a thread like this which contained lots of posts somewhere if not then my bad
Jake Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 19:06   #4
Rivendell

Quote:
There were two scenes being filmed today, both come at the end of HP5. First was the recovery of Professor McGonagall after her incident with the Death Eaters outside Hagrids hut; also following the attack at the Ministry and Hogwarts.

Professor McGonagall is resting in her chair, reading the headline 'He who must not be named returns' in her Daily Prophet whilst speaking to Hagrid (today it was Martin Bayford standing in for Hagrid who is such a giant of a man). We couldn't hear the dialogue but he was obviously comforting her after being hit by so many hexes. Dame Maggie Smith looked absolutely wonderful and the new robes, worn by both teachers and students are great.

At the same time this scene was being shot, from both front and rear (with the camera rising up to Hagrid's chest only) the Slytherins were being filmed talking about the aftermath of Voldemort's return with Draco, of course, the centre of attention, declaring his father and other Death Eaters would no doubt now win the battle!
- Mugglenet, re: Film 5
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 19:20   #5
xMiSsCrOfTx

Yay, an HP thread! I can't wait for film #5, it was one of my favorite books in the series. Really long though.
xMiSsCrOfTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 19:26   #6
VonCroy360

Yaaay, new robes!

I wonder if the movie will include that interview harry gave to Luna's father's magazine (don't know what's it's name in english)... That would be fun...
Old 03-08-06, 19:26   #7
Scottlee

I've just finished reading Half Blood Prince and I have to say it left me with a very sour taste in the mouth. Talk about depressing and morbid, and not in a good way. It's easily the book I've enjoyed reading the least.

I think Order of the Phoenix is the best.
Scottlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 19:30   #8
VonCroy360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottlee
I've just finished reading Half Blood Prince and I have to say it left me with a very sour taste in the mouth. Talk about depressing and morbid, and not in a good way. It's easily the book I've enjoyed reading the least.
I remember when I read it for the first time; and the sentence which says that *** killed *** left me sooo shocked, I just stared in it; my mom asked me if I'm alright and can she get me anything...
Old 03-08-06, 19:32   #9
Betal

http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/bothering.html
Betal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-06, 19:32   #10
Scottlee

Well, there's just no exciting ending like there is with the previous five books. "Now what I can I put in the final chapter? I know, someone's funeral! Oh, and I'll have Harry dump his bird whilst I'm at it". Depressing. I also found the Snape defection irritating; a complete ruin of a previously fascinating character.

Last edited by Scottlee; 03-08-06 at 19:34.
Scottlee is offline   Reply With Quote