Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 06-09-04, 14:51   #1
I Love Lara

Well, I finally killed my first android and was I happy. Now I must get on top of some platform to get the grappling something and I jump all over and always end up in the electric water and then you know what happens. Now I'm an old guy and all this exercise is killing me. Does anyone know something that i don't? Would appreciate all the help I can get.
Signed
A very tired old man
I Love Lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 15:44   #2
Nicky

Arrow

Hi Mik

The platform (grating, rather) in question is next to the duct from where you entered this area.

There are two ways to get there:

-Standing on the crate, stand Lara at its back edge and make her face towards the duct. Sidestep a bit to the right. Lara must be facing the duct diagonally - press Look so as to check where she's aimed at. You may have to reposition her if she isn't facing correctly. Her aim is not to reach the duct, but the grating next to it. When you think you are in the right spot, make a running jump towards the grating and hopefully Lara will land there.

-The other way may seem more complicated, but I always found it piece of cake for some reason and always do it this way: stand at the lowest corner of the crate, facing diagonally the sloped duct at the opposite side and to the right. Make a running jump towards that duct. Keep pressing Jump and watch Lara while she's doing a series of jumps on the sloped ducts, to finally land on an even one at the top. Then you can release Jump. From where you are, the grating is next to you on the left side of the duct you are standing on.
Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-04, 17:57   #3
I Love Lara

Well, I'll be. Tried it a few times on the far ducts and just couldn't get her to jump so I tried the other way once and got up ok. Thanks again Nick. Take care
I Love Lara is offline   Reply With Quote