Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 08-02-07, 20:45   #1
Jacob x5

Thumbs down Bad news for fellow Half-Life fans

Half-Life 2: Episode Two, originally scheduled for Christmas 2006 and then shifted back to Winter 2007 and then even further back to Summer 2007, has been delayed again, for the third and hopefully the last time. The period in which the game is now estimated to be released is Autumn.

Source.
Jacob x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-07, 21:12   #2
PirateRose

Quote:
Christmas 2006 and then shifted back to Winter 2007 and then even further back to Summer 2007,
Can you be a little more clear, cause I'd think Summer 2007 is sooner then Winter 2007....
PirateRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-07, 21:19   #3
Forwen

What kind of policy is that? I doubt they have problems building a bunch of maps of the size we know from Ep1. Fan community is more active than that. There must be something fishy going on there -_-
Forwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-07, 19:04   #4
Jacob x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateRose View Post
Can you be a little more clear, cause I'd think Summer 2007 is sooner then Winter 2007....
How on earth is summer sooner than winter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwen View Post
What kind of policy is that? I doubt they have problems building a bunch of maps of the size we know from Ep1. Fan community is more active than that. There must be something fishy going on there -_-
You seem to be ill-informed about Episode Two. I recommend this thread on the Steam User Forums for catching up on the latest EP2 info.
Old 09-02-07, 19:16   #5
Forwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob x5 View Post
You seem to be ill-informed about Episode Two.
Yep, I admit I don't follow it too dutifully.
Quote:
I recommend this thread on the Steam User Forums for catching up on the latest EP2 info.
Yes, I know about promises of open forest areas and about vehicles, and I expect there will be some changes in the physics engine and graphics. And I watch trailers However, I'll judge it when I see it - I know that Ep1 was much smaller and less impressive than I expected after "Anticitizen 1" and "Follow Freeman" smashing urban fighting
Forwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-07, 19:20   #6
Natla'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateRose View Post
Quote:
How on earth is summer sooner than winter?
Depends which Winter you're talking about, this one, or the one we get at the end of the of the year.
Natla'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 06:06   #7
PirateRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natla'd View Post
Depends which Winter you're talking about, this one, or the one we get at the end of the of the year.
Oh, okay, Now I see what he means. He confused me even more when he asked why winter was sooner then summer. I guess my brain thinks first-spring, second-summer, third-autumn, and last-winter.

As I have not played this game before, I'm seeing a very increasing pattern of companies constantly pushing back release dates for more time, then when they release it, they've chopped up unfinished stuff or actually leave the game unfinished.

Someones really going to need to address this issue, other wise people are going to stop bothering paying $40-70 on an unfinished video game. It's not worth it.
PirateRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-07, 13:48   #8
Jacob x5

Admittedly VALVe are not the best at sticking to the deadlines that they themselves set, but unlike most companies, they always produce top-notch quality games at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateRose
Oh, okay, Now I see what he means. He confused me even more when he asked why winter was sooner then summer.
He has a name.
Old 11-02-07, 13:09   #9
Hypnosos

I heard it was delayed until late 2007...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=157158

But according to Doug Lombardi, it's fall 2007... *crossing fingers*
Hypnosos is offline   Reply With Quote