www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 06-03-07, 20:56   #31
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddy100 View Post
You're right but from memory, I think the hand was the only part Lara coud actually stand on. So whether or not the rest of the statue held the same power remains a mystery.
That´s true...it´s the only place she can stand on...but you make her body touch the sides of Midas´ Hands and Feet and nothing would happen after all. So TR1 implies that only his Palms are capable of turning Lara into gold Of course...it might not have been CORE´s intention.
Old 06-03-07, 21:00   #32
microcuts88
Hobbyist

A hand is just way cooler to turn gold on than ... feet...
microcuts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 21:06   #33
Ward Dragon

I think it would be interesting if we get to see the full statue of Midas in all its glory. We'd have to climb up to the hand to turn the first bar to gold (without turning Lara to gold). But doing this would disrupt things and cause pieces of the statue to fall off. For the second bar, we'd have to find an alternate route up to the hand and then after the second bar becomes gold, the statue falls into pieces. Then for the final gold bar, it looks just like it did in TR1
Old 06-03-07, 22:39   #34
Greatto
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_wolf View Post
wouldnt it be cool if we had to climb a full size midas statue to get to the hand??!
Greetings!
well you know i agree to people who say that original version of broken statue of midas will be much better, yes it was already was in the TR, and maybe it looks banal, but you know broken statue is really atmospheric and looks more effectly! in TR we can found the Midas hand and statue basement with foots, and this elements make it much particular, and in this situation I will say that Full sized staue looks hackneyed! also I know that TR1 is the best adventure game!
Good Luck!

Last edited by Greatto; 07-03-07 at 09:11.
Greatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-07, 23:01   #35
microcuts88
Hobbyist

Hi!
Old 07-03-07, 13:17   #36
Lara Croft!
Tomb Raider

Anyone remember this promo pic?

And also a wallie I made....

Old 07-03-07, 14:22   #37
microcuts88
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara Croft! View Post
Anyone remember this promo pic?

Are you sure its from CD's TRA and not Core's ?
Looks pretty nice, though

EDIT: whoa, sorry. The date says 1999. my mistake.

Last edited by microcuts88; 07-03-07 at 14:23.
Old 07-03-07, 17:09   #38
Twiin
Archaeologist

The actual Midas may have been able to turn anything to gold with any part of his body, but this is just a statue, and the architects and mystics could have made it so only the hands would turn objects into gold, "The Touch of Midas"
So, I really like the idea of scaling the statue to reach the hand...
Old 07-03-07, 17:23   #39
krycekuva
Relic Hunter

the midas touch explains everything,.. he was not able to turn anything into gold with any other part of his body,.. it makes no sence,.... he asked to be able to have gold all around, and on whatever he could reach,.. but it doesnt implies he could touch with her hips or knees... c'mon people....

and for the whole statue riding,..? i guess i would go for a variation of the broken statue,... it would be nice to have one hand in the floor so destroyed that the pieces already turned the a part of the floor of the room into gold and all the surroundings, just like a bacteria infection, or spreaded all around,.. so she can realize of the power of the hands and turn the woden pieces into gold by climbing around to the hand,... of course she will need to create a new place where to stand, and by doing it she will be able to turn things into gold or just jump to it,.. and then ,.. je je j just turn herself into gold...
krycekuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-07, 17:54   #40
Arch
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilkipje View Post
but according to myth he died cause he couldn't eat anymore... so doesn't that mean his mouth turns stuff into gold as well?
The myth says that King Mida loved gold so much that wished everything he could touch would turn into gold. Gods made his wish come true but soon he found out that this power had a negative aspect: even what he tried to eat turned into gold (because it touched his lips and his tongue). But King Mida had become so addicted with gold that he didn't care any more about eating. But one day, when he tried to kiss his beloved son, the poor child turned into gold, too. King Mida was in so much despair that he wished his son could turn back a human being, even if he should loose his power for this. Gods made also this wish come true, but to punish King Mida's greed turned his human ears in the ears of a donkey.

Then, there is another myth about how the king concealed his ears and how his son and his servants finds out the truth... This myth teach that greed can destroy the people loved by someone.