www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-03-07, 17:49   #21
Dingaling
Gold Contributor
 
Dingaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Land of Nessie
Posts: 7,861
Default

iDave, any chance you can make time speed up? I'm wanting to play Resistance, Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 kinda now . The waiting is doing my head in and time seems so slow :'(.
__________________
Reggie is awesome.
Dingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 17:53   #22
interstellardave
Tomb Raider
 
interstellardave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 15,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingaling View Post
iDave, any chance you can make time speed up? I'm wanting to play Resistance, Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 kinda now . The waiting is doing my head in and time seems so slow :'(.
LOL! I really don't have anything funny to say here, even though I know what you're getting at!
__________________
"Still....Not....Bitten!"
interstellardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 18:06   #23
TR freak
Professor
 
TR freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
not going to happen Dazzy, i do have the utmost faith in the system itself....but...........

Sony are making NO effort to keep 3rd party exclusives...why is this???

the system may have record pre-orders but the system is a failure in terms of sales
Not in Europe its not. PS3 record pre orders show the PS3 will demolish the opposition in Europe. The demand for PS3 is higher than any console thats ever been released. Essentially europe is what will save the PS3 in terms of sales and will probably surpass wii sales worldwide by the end of the year because of this. It will probably take a little longer to overhaul 360 sales but at the end of this console generation I predict PS3 will be on top but it will be close between 360 and PS3. Wii hasn't got a hope in hell imo. Thats just my prediction btw. We'll just have to wait and see how it really all goes down.

Anyway I would have been psyched for the lauch if all my money that was going towards the PS3 hadn't been stolen!!! I know I've mentioned this countless times in other threads but it really does just make me so mad I have to keep mentioning it. My launch will be on April 25th when I get paid and will be able to afford it. I'll be picking up resistance fall of man when I get it.
TR freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 18:13   #24
Naz2000
Professor
 
Naz2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,540
Default

Well I'm not getting mine on launch day because that's when all the sheep (idiots) riot and overcrowd outside the shop in a pack like it's the end of the world. I just sit back and wait until it drops down in price OR wait until Christmas (my birthday is the day after xmas so it can be my xmas and bday present Anyway my mum told me that i NEED a HD tv because the normal tv makes the PS3 graphics look fuzzy I am still very excited and i am hyping myself up by watching loads of trailers and gameplay on PS3.....I think it's going to be an awesome gaming console!
Naz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 18:55   #25
Agent 47
Relic Hunter
 
Agent 47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Obsidian Order PSN ID:Quinn00
Posts: 7,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR freak View Post
Not in Europe its not. PS3 record pre orders show the PS3 will demolish the opposition in Europe. The demand for PS3 is higher than any console thats ever been released. Essentially europe is what will save the PS3 in terms of sales and will probably surpass wii sales worldwide by the end of the year because of this. It will probably take a little longer to overhaul 360 sales but at the end of this console generation I predict PS3 will be on top but it will be close between 360 and PS3. Wii hasn't got a hope in hell imo. Thats just my prediction btw. We'll just have to wait and see how it really all goes down.

Anyway I would have been psyched for the lauch if all my money that was going towards the PS3 hadn't been stolen!!! I know I've mentioned this countless times in other threads but it really does just make me so mad I have to keep mentioning it. My launch will be on April 25th when I get paid and will be able to afford it. I'll be picking up resistance fall of man when I get it.
you not sorted that out with your bank yet???

you have every right to keep mentioning it, it sucks that some has stolen your money
__________________
"There’s no such thing as a “true fan.” That’s elitist garbage. " =/\=
Agent 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 19:46   #26
TR freak
Professor
 
TR freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 47 View Post
you not sorted that out with your bank yet???

you have every right to keep mentioning it, it sucks that some has stolen your money
My bank will get back to me on that. They blocked my card and pin and will get back to me between one and two weeks. I'll find out then if and when I'll get my money back and they'll send me a new card and pin. I get paid tommorow but because I'm only 17 and only work on saturdays I dont exactly get alot. I will get £221.69 tommorow. Another £200 and I can afford a PS3. I'll get that next month. Hopefully I'll get my money back before that and be able to get the PS3 a bit earlier. Not that it'll be easy to walk in store and get one anyway though.

I'm really psyched for resistance! I've been watching loads of movies of it and it looks amazing! I'll probably download tekken DR as well. I read in another thread here that its only £6.99. I've already got tekken 5 on PS2 but I think I might get DR for PS3 anyway considering its only £6.99 and its got extra stuff not on the PS2 version. I've always wanted to play as Jinpachi because he is such an annoying character to fight against due to his superpower moves.
TR freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 20:14   #27
Alive_and_Funky
Tomb Raider
 
Alive_and_Funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sesame Street ^_^
Posts: 19,824
Default

I won't be getting a PS3 for aaaaaaaaaagggggggeeeeeeesssssssss...
I won't be getting any of the next generation consoles for quite a while anyway. The PS3 will probably be the last console I buy out of the three, unless there is a certain title which I MUST play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR freak
Not in Europe its not. PS3 record pre orders show the PS3 will demolish the opposition in Europe. The demand for PS3 is higher than any console thats ever been released. Essentially europe is what will save the PS3 in terms of sales and will probably surpass wii sales worldwide by the end of the year because of this. It will probably take a little longer to overhaul 360 sales but at the end of this console generation I predict PS3 will be on top but it will be close between 360 and PS3. Wii hasn't got a hope in hell imo. Thats just my prediction btw. We'll just have to wait and see how it really all goes down.
Really? In the UK I've heard that there haven't been many pre-orders for the PS3 at all, but I suppose other countries in Europe might be more interested in it. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.


So, the next-generation becomes the current tomorrow, eh? It's been fun being part of this generation, seeing as it was the first one which I was properly a part of, so PS2, GameCube, Xbox (not that I played much of the Xbox, but it still done really well), I salute you. *salutes*
__________________
'Christmas is a time to indulge!' - Bane
Alive_and_Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 20:51   #28
TR freak
Professor
 
TR freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive_and_Funky View Post
I won't be getting a PS3 for aaaaaaaaaagggggggeeeeeeesssssssss...
I won't be getting any of the next generation consoles for quite a while anyway. The PS3 will probably be the last console I buy out of the three, unless there is a certain title which I MUST play.

Really? In the UK I've heard that there haven't been many pre-orders for the PS3 at all, but I suppose other countries in Europe might be more interested in it. Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.


So, the next-generation becomes the current tomorrow, eh? It's been fun being part of this generation, seeing as it was the first one which I was properly a part of, so PS2, GameCube, Xbox (not that I played much of the Xbox, but it still done really well), I salute you. *salutes*
On the contrary, the UK has seen record pre orders. Demand for PS3 in UK is higher than it was for 360 and wii.
TR freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-07, 08:08   #29
K.J
Archaeologist
 
K.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Oslo/London
Posts: 1,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR freak View Post
On the contrary, the UK has seen record pre orders. Demand for PS3 in UK is higher than it was for 360 and wii.
Link, please. It's nice to hear that you keep saying it but I would appriciate if you could give me a link
__________________
Crystal Dynamics and Legend Lara FTW!
K.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-07, 08:36   #30
LegenDarY
Professor
 
LegenDarY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The Netherlands Gender: Male PlaystationNetwork ID: Lgndry
Posts: 4,377
Default

I GOT MY PS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to open the box and play resistance and than I'll come back .
__________________
All you need is less
LegenDarY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 15:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.