PDA

View Full Version : spice girls greatest hits cover

lita212
22-08-07, 18:09
here is the new official cover for the spice girls greatest hits album. each diamond represents the girls in the band.
yellow: victoria aka posh spice
pink: emma aka baby spice
silver: melanie c aka sporty spice
purple: geri aka ginger spice
green: melanie b aka scary spice

the cover was made to represent the first cover of their first album spice but updated and made to look more special. the album will include 3 disks
small photo showing the high quality colours of the cover
http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Spgh.JPG
-------
i really love the cover although i think they should have swaped mel.c and victorias diamonds

jamieoliver22
22-08-07, 18:17
All I can say is... Ewwwwww!

Mad Tony
22-08-07, 18:21
All I can say is... Ewwwwww!Ditto. :p

Angel_14
22-08-07, 18:22
Well, the song "Wannabe" is quiet catchy, even if it has no real meaning or deepness in it. XD
I wonder what the Album will be like...

danitiwa
22-08-07, 18:27
I used to love Spice Girls when I was small. :D So I have kind of a sentimentality towards them. And their songs are very catchy, sure the clothes were really weird but t'was the 90ies! :p

Dakaruch
22-08-07, 18:34

same here! OMFG i hate spice girls so much!

touchmyheart
22-08-07, 18:38
I think I'll buy this, simply because they were such a big influence in my life when I was younger. It would be wierd NOT to buy it plus they did make good songs :p

xMiSsCrOfTx
22-08-07, 18:55
i really love the cover although i think they should have swaped mel.c and victorias diamonds

I agree! But it's cute. :D

Lenochka
22-08-07, 19:18
Oooh puurdy :3

Nemo_91
22-08-07, 19:34
Spice up your life was awesome. :3

george_croft
22-08-07, 19:37

Yellow is Victoria's favorite color.:)

And yes I used to be a spice girls freak :pi:

Lara Croft!
22-08-07, 19:42
Aren't they dead already?

Lenochka
22-08-07, 19:43

Nope, And i hope they never die :jmp:
Giiiirl powa xD

findme
22-08-07, 20:21
It's tacky and unoriginal.

end of.

L.C
22-08-07, 20:49
Giiiirl powa xDUnfortunately, people tend to forget/don't realise that it was the girl group Shampoo who came up with the phrase 'Girl Power' before the Spice Girls took it as their own.

tvIBpb1GipI

viper456
22-08-07, 20:58
Unfortunately, people tend to forget/don't realise that it was the girl group Shampoo who came up with the phrase 'Girl Power' before the Spice Girls took it as their own.

uh oooh we're in troooouble! haha legends. (wrong song but yeah)

as for the Spice Girls cover, meh its ok. Dont like it when theres simular covers to older albums, its confusing and unoriginal.

Legend of Lara
22-08-07, 21:00
I like it. No, i LOVE it! :D

I am soooooo gonna buy that! :jmp: (and I'm not kidding one bit)

L.C
22-08-07, 21:02
uh oooh we're in troooouble! haha legends. (wrong song but yeah):vlol:

Just consider it as a warning then, courtesy of the GP Police :mis:

;)

paul123456
22-08-07, 21:04
Aww I like it. Even if it is a little blank.

Angelus
22-08-07, 21:06
Sometimes less is more, though. :)

I won't be buying this either way. :D

Legends
22-08-07, 21:48
I suppose the cover is ok.

lita212
23-08-07, 01:33
Yellow is Victoria's favorite color.:)

And yes I used to be a spice girls freak :pi:

ah i see. i still think mel should have been given the yellow i and victoria the grey cause the first spice girls album mel.c had a yellow i.

troy tr
23-08-07, 02:01
I'll definitely buy it, but I don't like the cover very much...:o Diamonds? Eww. But what matters is the song:D

Admles
23-08-07, 07:11
Cover is kind of..... boring

Bonez
23-08-07, 07:36

I agree. It looks extremly tacky and dated.

Alive_and_Funky
23-08-07, 07:45
Aren't three discs a bit overkill for a Greatest Hits collection?

Jack Croft
23-08-07, 08:10
They were good back in the day but now they are kinda cheesy.

lita212
23-08-07, 15:57
Aren't three discs a bit overkill for a Greatest Hits collection?

one disk will contain all the singles they released with a fewnew tracks they have recorded one of which is called "woman"
the other 2 disks are dvd's most likely one will be the documentary which will be on tele and the other will probs be the concert recorded.

Alive_and_Funky
23-08-07, 16:10
one disk will contain all the singles they released with a fewnew tracks they have recorded one of which is called "woman"
the other 2 disks are dvd's most likely one will be the documentary which will be on tele and the other will probs be the concert recorded.
I see. I thought all of the discs would have just been full of songs. :)

just croft
23-08-07, 16:15
I'll definitely buy it, but I don't like the cover very much...:o Diamonds? Eww. But what matters is the song:D

Well Diamonds are forever and I suppose that even for people who don't raelly like Spice Girls their songs are still quite catchy.

Dakaruch
23-08-07, 16:24

unfortunately NOT... but we can take care of it:pi:

tranniversary119
23-08-07, 16:55
Another cd. Kill me know.

lita212
23-08-07, 17:04
for people who also dont know as i forgot to say the spice girls actually designed and came up with the cover. i think it also said that the cover letters will be shiny foil to make it look more glam.

Legend of Lara
23-08-07, 17:07
for people who also dont know as i forgot to say the spice girls actually designed and came up with the cover. i think it also said that the cover letters will be shiny foil to make it look more glam.

Ooh! :D

Bring on the bling! :tmb:

lita212
23-08-07, 17:10
here is a small but high quality pic of the cover but showing the colours more clearly. this is what the cd cover will look like
http://www.thespicegirls.com/images/gh_cover.jpg

Legend of Lara
23-08-07, 17:15
In that smaller pic, the "P" looks more pink instead of the larger picture's red-ish tone. The colours are all more vivid and pretty, actually.

Can't wait for the release! :jmp: I'm lookin' forward to putting the disc into the CD player and... play "Too Much" on a high volume just like old times. :jmp:

ajrich17901
23-08-07, 18:17
Im gonna buy it i grew up with them and im gonna go see em live in NY in december:ton:

lita212
23-08-07, 23:41
In that smaller pic, the "P" looks more pink instead of the larger picture's red-ish tone. The colours are all more vivid and pretty, actually.

Can't wait for the release! :jmp: I'm lookin' forward to putting the disc into the CD player and... play "Too Much" on a high volume just like old times. :jmp:

yeh for some reason the larger version is low quality whereas the smaller version actually shows the detail and colour better and yeh the p is supposed to be pink i still dont know why the large version's colour isnt very good.

Jacob x5
23-08-07, 23:45
I think 'greatest hits' is a bit generous. I can't say I would choose the adjective 'great' to describe any song by the Spice Girls. :ton:

lita212
24-08-07, 00:04
I think 'greatest hits' is a bit generous. I can't say I would choose the adjective 'great' to describe any song by the Spice Girls. :ton:

yeh but every song they bought out as a single went to number 1 except for stop. so they must have been great and must have had a huge fan base to be so big that anything they did touched to gold.

i know alot of people especially goths n moshas who loved the spice girls as kids would say they dont like them now because it might ruin their image lol. when my sister was young she used to love them but now she tells people she doesnt because shes a goth.
i love the no matter what they were a huge part of my life and growing up with that sort of music in the 90's was just ace. music now is very plain and un original, everyone tries to be like one another.
you have all the girls trying to be like avril
ya have girl bands trying to be the new spice girls
guys trying to be the new coldplay and james blunt etc