PDA

View Full Version : Is weed really bad for you?

Trevor_M92
24-08-07, 01:59
Is it? Because alot of my soldiers in my company tell me that it doesn't do anything to your body when you consume it, nor will it effect you later in your life. Is this true? Because I don't think it is, and I wanted to ask you fellow individuals to see whether most answers are 'yes, it's bad' or 'no it's not'.

ThomasCroft
24-08-07, 02:00
Is it? Because alot of my soldiers in my company tell me that it doesn't do anything to your body when you consume it, nor will it effect you later in your life. Is this true? Because I don't think it is, and I wanted to ask you fellow individuals to see whether most answers are 'yes, it's bad' or 'no it's not'.

Yes, it's bad, and it can have many long-term effects. Even if they aren't physical effects, the psychological implications are virtually listless. Use google for more info.

Mr.Burns
24-08-07, 02:03
Take it from someone who used it quite a bit in college, it does effect your mind and body. Smoking it is just as bad as smoking tobacco to your mouth, throat and lungs, and I know a few people who's reaction times and attention spans were drastically affected since they started smoking it. It's best to just stay away from it.

Soma Holiday
24-08-07, 02:04
This is a big argument, and while I don't know a lot about the side effects, I honestly don't think it is any more harmful than cigarettes (less actually) or taking to much advil over time (liver damage). It's one of those things that isn't illegal because its bad for you, its illegal because it alters your perception to the point were you may do something that could harm you or someone else.

I don't think its as bad as alchohol, and thats why I think it should be legallized....in limitations ofcourse. Though you're still gonna get side effects from it, but hey, that's your choice...just like cigarettes and alchohol.

Trevor_M92
24-08-07, 02:04
Yes, it's bad, and it can have many long-term effects. Even if they aren't physical effects, the psychological implications are virtually listless. Use google for more info.

But, mistake me if I'm wrong, isn't weed used for medical purpose in Hospitals?

kewlkyle64
24-08-07, 02:05
But, mistake me if I'm wrong, isn't weed used for medical purpose in Hospitals?

That's medical marijuana. It's used to relax patients who are under a lot of pain.

Soma Holiday
24-08-07, 02:06
It's used to treat glycoma...it relaxes the muscles in the body (including pressure on the eyes) which can help with this particular condition.

It' researched alot, but I don't know if there are any other uses medicinaly. I know the Native Americans used it for purposes other than just getting high...though I doubt those were medicinal either.

Trevor_M92
24-08-07, 02:08
That's medical marijuana. It's used to relax patients who are under a lot of pain.

So what's the irrelevance between medical marijuana and weed? Aren't they both the same?:confused:

Soma Holiday
24-08-07, 02:13
yup. One's legal, one's not. Only difference.

kooky
24-08-07, 02:24
Of Course Weed is bad for you, it damages your Lungs... :(

SamReeves
24-08-07, 02:29
It also impairs your judgement, not only causing damage to your lungs. I for one am glad it is illegal in the United States.

Lara Croft!
24-08-07, 02:30
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Marijuana-Not-Crack-Magnet-C11754995.jpeg

As far as I know, it's a lot healthier than a simple cigarette, as it is just a plant. If u don't do it frwquently you will be fine. It's not addictive as cigarette is.
Each time u inhale it, some brain cells are being delayed and some destroyed, but they are replaceable as long as u are not a serial smoker! Otherwise u will become what we refer to as "pothead" ...

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Can-t-We-Just-Get-A-Bong-Posters_i1037419_.htm

LaraMan2
24-08-07, 02:37

YES IT IS!!!!!!!
im a surgen and i kno that it will **** up everything u will do
and all the desisions that u make
never ever ever ever EVER EVEREVER!!!take weed!!!!!

Mod edit: LaraMan2, please do not attempt to bypass the censor - just type the word as normal and let the software do its job.

aquaflute
24-08-07, 02:41
To be honest I don't care if it's harmful or not, I will NEVER try it, end of the line.

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-08-07, 02:44
If it was that bad for you, they wouldn't perscribe it to people with cancer and stuff.. I think it's just like any other substance (tobacco, alcohol, whatever) too much of it of course isn't good.

YES IT IS!!!!!!!
im a surgen and i kno that it will f*** up everything u will do

I'm sorry, totally off topic. But you're a surgeon? That post had like 3 spelling errors, lol.

Draco
24-08-07, 02:48
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Marijuana-Not-Crack-Magnet-C11754995.jpeg

As far as I know, it's a lot healthier than a simple cigarette, as it is just a plant. If u don't do it frwquently you will be fine. It's not addictive as cigarette is.
Each time u inhale it, some brain cells are being delayed and some destroyed, but they are replaceable as long as u are not a serial smoker! Otherwise u will become what we refer to as "pothead" ...

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Can-t-We-Just-Get-A-Bong-Posters_i1037419_.htm

Actually...brain cells dont get replaced. As for a cigarette, tobacco is a plant, tho cigarette companies add additives to them.

DREWY
24-08-07, 02:54
I'm sorry, totally off topic. But you're a surgeon? That post had like 3 spelling errors, lol.

That just means that he can't spell what operation he's just performed Alyssa :D
I always thought that too much weed led to paranoia in some people.
Now, would you lot stop following me!!! :whi:

Draco
24-08-07, 02:56

I counted more than 3.

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-08-07, 03:14
I counted more than 3.

And that's why I'm not a surgeon! :ton:

DREWY
24-08-07, 03:19
I couldn't be a doctor. I haven't got the patients :whi:

xMiSsCrOfTx
24-08-07, 03:22
I couldn't be a doctor. I haven't got the patients :whi:

:vlol:

Ward Dragon
24-08-07, 03:23
If it was that bad for you, they wouldn't perscribe it to people with cancer and stuff..

People with cancer undergo chemotherapy and other various treatments which essentially poison them in the hopes that the cancer cells will die off before the rest of their body is too damaged to function.

Zac Medley
24-08-07, 07:26
I can honestly say that most of the very worst decisions I ever made in my life were made while either stoned or desiring to be stoned.

Not to mention several near-fatal accidents and accidental fires in cars and houses.

It's trouble. Stay away.

Hyper_Crazy
24-08-07, 07:31
It's trouble. Stay away.

Wise guy. Listen to him. :tmb:

Necromanser
24-08-07, 08:39
Some of my friends smoke it and its not a pretty sight seeing them puking and coughing blood so just stay away from it .

Here are some effect it will have on your life-
-You wont have any children(it damages your sperm cells)
-Youll end up in a wheel chair paralyzed(it damages brain cells
-youll end up having tuberculosis

STAY AWAY FROM WEED

Hyper_Crazy
24-08-07, 08:51
Some of my friends smoke it...

Those effects don't always happen...

nicola1986
24-08-07, 09:06
I read somewhere it's like having five fags every time you have one joint.

It's got all the bad things of smoking plus it damages your brain cells and probably more!

Laurencarter
24-08-07, 19:23
Just don't use it.

BtoFu
24-08-07, 19:28
YES IT IS!!!!!!!
im a surgen and i kno that it will **** up everything u will do

Mod edit: LaraMan2, please do not attempt to bypass the censor - just type the word as normal and let the software do its job.

:vlol:

One fella in my band is a stoner...we all reckon it makes him play better. :D

Indiana Croft
24-08-07, 19:34
weed messes up everything in your body. Let's just say you won't have much baby gravy to put on the potatos...

tomblover
24-08-07, 19:39
Are you freakin' crazy?! :eek:

Drugs **** up your brain. ;) No matter what it is, it always does. (I mean the illegal drugs.)

Noodleboy
24-08-07, 19:51
No it's not bad.. at least.. That's my opinion.. I luv weed :D

Jacob x5
24-08-07, 20:01
Hopefully I'll never try drugs. I don't think I ever will, the main reason actually being that I have no real desire to.

Mad Tony
24-08-07, 20:02
Nah, nothing wrong with weed, it's great for you. In fact I think I should save up for some...

Sarcasm to the extreme. Obviously it's not good for you, although how bad it is I don't know, and never will know as I've never tried and never will try it. Drugs are for losers.

Night Crawler
24-08-07, 20:04
It's not as bad as some poeple make out, I used to smoke it quite a bit when I was younger and it never did me any harm.

Legends
24-08-07, 20:06

Of course it affects you, the only good thing to do is stay away from it! [/IMG]

Noodleboy
24-08-07, 20:09
Drugs are for losers.

Thank you ;) I'll put that up in the steriotype thread

thevman
24-08-07, 20:16
Not really any better than cigarettes, it's still a foreign substance gluing up your lungs... ;)

Indiana Croft
24-08-07, 20:19
like I said...no baby gravy for the potatos...:mis:

Little-Lara
24-08-07, 22:10
Take it from someone who used it quite a bit in college, it does effect your mind and body. Smoking it is just as bad as smoking tobacco to your mouth, throat and lungs, and I know a few people who's reaction times and attention spans were drastically affected since they started smoking it. It's best to just stay away from it.

Good point.
If this isn't enough, read this. My HS teacher used to do drugs when he was younger. Then later he got married and expecting a child. Then when the child was born, it was dead, PLUS it was not a pretty picture, I'll just leave it at that....... I hope you're mature enough to understand just how bad drugs are now.

Betal
24-08-07, 22:16
Why even make a thread about if a illegal drug is harmful? :rolleyes:

Noodleboy
24-08-07, 22:20
hm.. weed is not really illegal over here :p You can buy it in every village (Including mine)

Betal
24-08-07, 22:23
hm.. weed is not really illegal over here :p You can buy it in every village (Including mine)

You live in the netherlands (if you didn't know:p). Almost all drugs are legal there right? Or maybe I heard wrong.

I think snoop dogg got caught by swedish polices cause he imported weed to Sweden.:p

Noodleboy
24-08-07, 22:25
You live in the netherlands (if you didn't know:p). Almost all drugs are legal there right? Or maybe I heard wrong.

I think snoop dogg got caught by swedish polices cause he imported weed to Sweden.:p

Nah, just the soft drugs. That's mostly weed.

NemesisxAngelus
24-08-07, 22:32
Nah, just the soft drugs. That's mostly weed.

Hashish is legal too, but only if you're both 18 years old. I heard that it's really that bad if you use it on a very long term.

Noodleboy
24-08-07, 22:36
Hashish is legal too, but only if you're both 18 years old. I heard that it's really that bad if you use it on a very long term.

smoked it a couple of times, it's somewhat stronger, so I like weed more.

NemesisxAngelus
24-08-07, 22:43
smoked it a couple of times, it's somewhat stronger, so I like weed more.

You can get bad trips from weed, not from hashish, that's what I like about it. Yes I've tried it once with a friend of mine a few weeks ago. I must say it was pretty good, but I won't do it again.

Betal
24-08-07, 22:44
I'm glad drugs are illegal here in Sweden. Just go to a store and buy some drugs.
Sounds very sick and dangerous.

Noodleboy
24-08-07, 22:50
I'm glad drugs are illegal here in Sweden. Just go to a store and buy some drugs.
Sounds very sick and dangerous.

Well, you have to be 18 ofcourse. But there are always people who plant it themselves. Like a small 15-year old friend of mine. He's most of my source :p

Archetype
24-08-07, 22:50

steve-o was arrested for doing something similar but more extreme.

Tried the stuff before.. its horrible and i would not recommend it to anyone.

hera7days
24-08-07, 22:58
Pot doesn't kill brain cells. I do.

In all seriousness, my admittedly unprofessional opinion is that marijuana can range from not really all that bad to pretty freaking bad actually. It depends on various factors like the intensity, the individual and the situation. So yeah, I'm for researching it, too, and deciding if it's worth the trouble.

</soapbox>

_Lam
24-08-07, 22:59
Yes it's bad for the lungs and the brain.
Anyway, the effect is cool and I totally assume the risk that I take with this thing. ;)

ben_the_joka
24-08-07, 23:08
It's not as bad as some poeple make out, I used to smoke it quite a bit when I was younger and it never did me any harm.

You sure about that?

lol ;)

NemesisxAngelus
24-08-07, 23:20
Also never combine it with some hard liquor like vodka, like I did. The next morning you'll have a very worse hangover.

Noodleboy
24-08-07, 23:26
Also never combine it with some hard liquor like vodka, like I did. The next morning you'll have a very worse hangover.

haha :P you said it, it's terrible :p

NemesisxAngelus
24-08-07, 23:29
haha :P you said it, it's terrible :p

So you tried it yourself too? :p

silver_wolf
24-08-07, 23:34
It certainly messes with your judgment, but the real reason it was made illegal is because all the paper and fabrics companies new it would put them out of business, along with the pharmaceutical companies. "Weed", as you call it, makes more durable paper and better quality cloth, it's better than cotton. It can also replace a lot of medicines, it's something of a miracle drug, but because money rules it was made illegal. And because it's illegal,no you should never use it unless prescribed.

Andariel
24-08-07, 23:43
i read that it makes you fat and gives males man boobs. ew.

Night Crawler
25-08-07, 00:07
You sure about that?

lol ;):whi:

silver_wolf
25-08-07, 00:08
i read that it makes you fat and gives males man boobs. ew.
never heard that.

Night Crawler
25-08-07, 00:11
never heard that.
Well it makes you hungry (munchies lol)

Fish.
25-08-07, 03:21
Marijuana is VERY bad for your health. People say it's good, but in reality, it's not. The ONLY thing it's good for is glaucoma. So unless you have it, unless you're ordered by a doctor, don't use it if you know what's good for ya. ;)

silver_wolf
25-08-07, 03:39
what exactly does it do to you?

tr_rocks
25-08-07, 04:15
i always thought it was?

Tashkentboy
25-08-07, 04:32
Its worse than ciggarets and it kills your brain cells

silver_wolf
25-08-07, 04:48
I wouldnt say that. ciggaretes are just as bad