PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like football here???

Tashkentboy
25-08-07, 04:37
If so, Whats your fav team

Mine is Liverpool

tr_rocks
25-08-07, 04:38
nah sorry im not really interested in sports? :o

Mad Tony
25-08-07, 09:15
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=105622&highlight=Premiership :wve:

jamieoliver22
25-08-07, 09:39
Nope, I aren't really a sporting person.

remote91
25-08-07, 10:40
Nope, I aren't really a sporting person.

Ditto, I think you're gonna find that answer alot round here :p

Angelus
25-08-07, 10:45
Can't stand football, to be honest. :D

peffect
25-08-07, 10:54
Sorry, you've been mislead, I don't play for sport! :p

No, not interested in Football. :wve:

Necromanser
25-08-07, 11:08
Nope dont really like football.

More of a martial arts fan

mathew9r
25-08-07, 11:09
i realy dont like sports at all sorry :(

MiCkiZ88
25-08-07, 11:20
I hate football/soccer (how ever you wanna say it). Never really liked it altho it can be fun with your friends. But I'd rather swim or something else than run around chasing a ball like an maniac.

:p

jamieoliver22
25-08-07, 11:30
I hate football/soccer (how ever you wanna say it). Never really liked it altho it can be fun with your friends. But I'd rather swim or something else than run around chasing a ball like an maniac.

:p

Yeah, same. I don't mind having a bit of a kick around with my mates and just generally messing about and having a laugh, but watching football on TV or whatever is just boring. I prefer swimming and bike-riding myself too :D

Joe_16
25-08-07, 12:09
I used to like football alot as a kid, played every week. Grew out of it though. Only play for fun now. I still watch it as well, just don't take it too seriously.

biohazard1379
25-08-07, 12:09
Football is great. I'm a Man U fan myself. I've got about 4 jerseys and 1 Wayne Rooney England one. Powerhouse footballers those brits. :D

Admles
25-08-07, 12:49
Liverpool? You must mean soccer :D

I am personally more of a MMA fan

Laurencarter
25-08-07, 12:58
I only watch rugby

Eddie Haskell
25-08-07, 13:12
I played American football all through school, as well as baseball and basketball. When I was a boy all we did was play sports, there was not that much to do with ones summer other than watching 7 channels of TV during the day (which consisted of soap operas, bad reruns and not much else). I left home in the morning and sometimes didn't return until dusk. We played sports all day long. With all of my rehab I am trying to get back to at least be able to play a little basketball, albeit at a much slower and less athletic level.

The kids of today are the fattest, most out of shape generation in history. When I was in grade school there were maybe 2-3 overweight kids in the entire grade. Now with all of the "indoor" activities you see so many fat kids you'd think that it was normal. And it is weird to see so many kids having no interest in sports, it is so alien to me.

MiCkiZ88
25-08-07, 13:17
And it is weird to see so many kids having no interest in sports, it is so alien to me.
Things have changed dramatically in few years. Back when I was 5 - 12 lots of peeps still went out together and played sports and stuff like that. But slowly everyone started playing internet games like CS or stuff like that. My friends just couldn't be arsed to go out with me anymore. So.. yeah. Things change. And most of the time it's not for the better, imo.

Eddie Haskell
25-08-07, 13:49
Things have changed dramatically in few years. Back when I was 5 - 12 lots of peeps still went out together and played sports and stuff like that. But slowly everyone started playing internet games like CS or stuff like that. My friends just couldn't be arsed to go out with me anymore. So.. yeah. Things change. And most of the time it's not for the better, imo.

Most of my nephews are an embarrassment to me, they cannot even throw a baseball, oh wait I take that back, they can "like a girl"! And it really is from a health standpoint that this is disturbing. Playing video games, screwing around on the computer and watching TV all day is unhealthy.

Necromanser
25-08-07, 14:49
@Eddie Haskell-I think he means soccer

Eddie Haskell
25-08-07, 14:52
@Eddie Haskell-I think he means soccer

Yes, I know. :)

RUGRLN
25-08-07, 14:53
:jmp:Manchester United!!!! And nothing else!!!

Eddie Haskell
25-08-07, 14:56
Which reminds me, how do you European football fans in here feel when Americans (and others) refer to the sport as soccer?

ThomasCroft
25-08-07, 15:01
I very much dislike football and find it incredibly tedious and boring. :wve:

EDIT: The kids of today are the fattest, most out of shape generation in history. When I was in grade school there were maybe 2-3 overweight kids in the entire grade. Now with all of the "indoor" activities you see so many fat kids you'd think that it was normal. And it is weird to see so many kids having no interest in sports, it is so alien to me.

God, you sound so much like my Dad. He's always having a go at me because I don't like football/sports and thinks there must be something wrong with me. He says I'm going to be a loner, gay and not going to be able to communicate with other men because their language is "sport". Obviously this is all bull****, but it seems that older generations cannot accept or understand childrens' disliking of sport. Nowadays, kids like us grow up with, IMO, more choice and freedom of opinion, whereas in my Dad's day sport was a social necessity that was incredibly important to get involved with whether you liked it or not. But this narrow-mindedness is incredibly infuriating - people have to understand that not liking sport is absolutely fine as long as alternative forms of physical exertion are exercised; it's not going to hold us back socially or physically.

xcrushterx
25-08-07, 15:02
I don't really like football that much lol. The way all the guys in school go on about it is like the world depended on them winning. It's only a freakin game.
Which reminds me, how do you European football fans in here feel when Americans (and others) refer to the sport as soccer?
I don't really bother about what other contries call a game tbh.

Mad Tony
25-08-07, 15:34
Which reminds me, how do you European football fans in here feel when Americans (and others) refer to the sport as soccer?Me? I love it. :D I call it soccer myself when I'm not around fools who like to bully me because I like the USA.

Cord_Croft
25-08-07, 15:39
Yup! I support Derby County :jmp: But yeah =]

Prefer watching it to playing it like... :p

Mad Tony
25-08-07, 15:41
I support Aston Villa. We're one of the oldest clubs in the premiership and we own all :cool: :D

Villa park is one of the two stadiums that hosts the FA Cup Semi-Finals as well. :D

SamReeves
25-08-07, 15:42
I like my 49ers, that's for sure! :)

http://www.the-fan.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/pl_772565.jpg

Mad Tony
25-08-07, 15:44

http://www.the-fan.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/pl_772565.jpgHey! :D I support the 49ers too. I don't really know much about the players, as I've only just started getting into Football. :p

Eddie Haskell
25-08-07, 15:47
Me? I love it. :D I call it soccer myself when I'm not around fools who like to bully me because I like the USA.

Really? They bully you for liking the US? In England? Interesting, in all of my visits to the UK I was treated wonderfully by all, even whilst wearing my uniform.

As for the anti-US thugs, use your sarcastic wit on them Mad Tony, show them up. And then kick them hard in the shins when playing the game. OOOOps, sorry mate...:D

Heheh, my Bears will wipe the field with them tonight!

Mad Tony
25-08-07, 15:49
Really? They bully you for liking the US? In England? Interesting, in all of my visits to the UK I was treated wonderfully by all, even whilst wearing my uniform.

As for the anti-US thugs, use your sarcastic wit on them Mad Tony, show them up. And then kick them hard in the shins when playing the game. OOOOps, sorry mate...:DWell, there's quite a few immature people at my school. It does make me laugh though, it shows how ignorant they are of history.

Oo, good idea. :mis: :D

@Eddie: You support the Chicago Bears? My step dad supports them, always has done. I don't know why though. :p

MiCkiZ88
25-08-07, 15:50
Most of my nephews are an embarrassment to me, they cannot even throw a baseball, oh wait I take that back, they can "like a girl"! And it really is from a health standpoint that this is disturbing. Playing video games, screwing around on the computer and watching TV all day is unhealthy.
I think the problem is that most parents don't even bother or have the time to teach their kids sports. My dad was the only one that got me in to basketball and swimming. Sure as hell beats sitting inside doing nothing.

But I just despise football/soccer in general. Never really got in to it no matter how hard my dad tried to.
Which reminds me, how do you European football fans in here feel when Americans (and others) refer to the sport as soccer?I don't really mind it. I just don't find an oval object a ball though :p

Eddie Haskell
25-08-07, 16:05
I think the problem is that most parents don't even bother or have the time to teach their kids sports. My dad was the only one that got me in to basketball and swimming. Sure as hell beats sitting inside doing nothing.

But I just despise football/soccer in general. Never really got in to it no matter how hard my dad tried to.
I don't really mind it. I just don't find an oval object a ball though :p

Everyone (save one or two kids) played sports nearly all day long when one was not in school, when I was a boy. There is nothing more satisfying in my opinion than respectful competition and teamwork. Sitting at home playing games and chatting all day makes for an unhealthy lifestyle. When one always runs or hides from life's challenges it makes for a very unhappy existence. Parents should "force" their kids to something requiring exercise like karate, gymnastics, soccer, running, swimming, basketball, whatever. Letting them vegetate in their bedrooms is a crime to me.

Nemo_91
25-08-07, 16:11
I hate football! :p

NemesisxAngelus
25-08-07, 16:44
I love it to watch it on TV so now and then, and I play it so now and then :p

oocladableeblah
25-08-07, 16:58
Who is Liverpool? If your talking about american football then I like the raiders.

jamieoliver22
25-08-07, 17:06
The kids of today are the fattest, most out of shape generation in history. When I was in grade school there were maybe 2-3 overweight kids in the entire grade. Now with all of the "indoor" activities you see so many fat kids you'd think that it was normal. And it is weird to see so many kids having no interest in sports, it is so alien to me.

I don't get out a lot myself, and don't really play sports and I am far from fat :p I don't have a six pack, but I don't really have any excess fat. I do bike ride and swim, but I haven't done much lately.

MiCkiZ88
25-08-07, 17:16
I don't get out a lot myself, and don't really play sports and I am far from fat :p I don't have a six pack, but I don't really have any excess fat. I do bike ride and swim, but I haven't done much lately.
I'm underweight. I rarely do sports. Swimming is the only thing I really like but the pools aren't open yet =| And I don't wanna swim in the sea or the lake near me. Too cold and both are dirty. I'd go biking.. but I don't have a bike, yet :p

CuteKittenlol
25-08-07, 17:40
I don't like it, but I support Sheffield United (Even though they're crud) because Wednesday suck arse :p

Agent 47
25-08-07, 18:07
football

the sport where people fall over pretending to be injured

nope..............hate it :mad:

*i do watch the World Cup though cheering on England....................TO GET BEATEN!!!!!*

SamReeves
25-08-07, 18:24
Heheh, my Bears will wipe the field with them tonight!

I'd make a bet, but this is preseason… :whi:

Marija_Croft
25-08-07, 18:58
I adore football!OMG, how didn't I see this thread?!:hea:

Anyway, my favorite team must be from Serbia, Red Star(Crvena Zvezda), and a foreign...I like Liverpool to be honest, Barcelona.

I went to a couple of competitions myself, 2 or 3 something like that.

I know I'm a girl, but what could I possibly do? :p

Tashkentboy
25-08-07, 19:14
The Reds

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p284/luminousllama/liverpool_6_1024x768.jpg

danitiwa
25-08-07, 19:18
I hate soccer, I live in Germany and it's the only thing they talk about. And it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to every meet a guy you can talk to. :hea: I despise soccer, it's my least favorite sport ever.

vespertea
25-08-07, 19:21
I'll watch soccer every now and then if it's on, but I don't pay much attention to it. Not really a sports guy, never caught my interest.

Tashkentboy
25-08-07, 19:25
Here's another good team

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s226/OregonStar95/Zenitteam.jpg