PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like EVANESCENCE?

Delakandak
25-08-07, 17:20
Evanescence? any opinions?

RAID
Best band IMO :D Their last album was great. Lithium is the best song from Open Door. Anywhere is by far their best song.

Nemo_91
My favourite band...:p

Bacon Lara
25-08-07, 17:22
My favorite band too

MiCkiZ88
25-08-07, 17:22
I.. er.. *sees someone glaring at him* I ADORE THEM! :D

No really. I do love their music. :)

Marija_Croft
25-08-07, 17:23
My favorite band three. :p There is an appreciation thread too.Here. (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=103130&highlight)

Nemo_91
25-08-07, 17:24
Anywhere is by far their best song.

Agreed. :tmb:

Mad Tony
25-08-07, 17:25
Just my opinion, I don't really like them and think they're extremely overrated. However, this is only my opinion and no need for anyone to hate me. :p

Nemo_91
25-08-07, 17:26
Just my opinion, I don't really like them and think they're extremely overrated. However, this is only my opinion and no need for anyone to hate me. :p

:mad: :D

CuteKittenlol
25-08-07, 17:26
Best band ever :p

Angel_14
25-08-07, 17:27

Haha, same here :p

Sara Croft
25-08-07, 17:27
I.. er.. *sees someone glaring at him* I ADORE THEM! :D

No really. I do love their music. :)No you dont :p
I love them though. In fact, they are my FAVORITE BAND! :D

koRngear
25-08-07, 17:28
Hmmm Evanscence.
I like em, however I liked their previous line-up. Ben Moody is gone.
Nu album is great.
All that I livin for is my favorite from this album.
Call Me When You Are Sober Video was amazin.
Waitin for their 3rd album.
BTW: Broken the OST for punisher with Seether was also kewl.
Anyone who like this type of Gothic/Metal acts may also listen to Lacuna Coil.
Karmacode is awsome.

Nemo_91
25-08-07, 17:29
Anyone who like this type of Gothic/Metal acts may also listen to Lacuna Coil.
Karmacode is awsome.

Yeah, i agree :D

Cord_Croft
25-08-07, 17:31
Some of their stuff is pretty good :D

CAISACO
25-08-07, 17:32
No. I prefer Jem.

Delakandak
25-08-07, 17:36
I am glad everyone likes them, maybe except my little buddy...MAD TONY?:mad:

Sedge
25-08-07, 17:42
I have to agree.. :pi: Never understood why it's that popular, the music sounds lame to me and--- sorry people! :yik: *hides* :D

Power-Evolution
25-08-07, 17:47
Evanescence is my favorite band :jmp: its the best band ever ;D

MiCkiZ88
25-08-07, 17:51
No you dont :p
I love them though. In fact, they are my FAVORITE BAND! :DYesh I do :p And I didn't mean you :p

Someone else is gonna unleash the wolfies at me if I say I hate them :pi:
But yeah. I do like them alot :D

Especially love 'Bring Me To Life', 'Hello' & 'My Immortal' :D

gtkilla
25-08-07, 17:55

Yep, same here. :p I only like a few of their songs like 'My Immortal' and "Bring me to life', but only because they were in DD. :o I don't listen to much rock anyway so...

NemesisxAngelus
25-08-07, 18:05
One of the best bands, ever :cool:

Regulator
25-08-07, 18:07
I really do like this band.
My favorite songs from them is ''Going Under'',''Lithuim'',''Bring Me To Life'',....

remote91
25-08-07, 18:33
Best.band.ever.

-DaNnEe..
25-08-07, 18:34
I love them:D

danitiwa
25-08-07, 18:44
They're pretty good. :wve:

VonCroy360
25-08-07, 18:47
I used to love them, but I kind of got bored of them.
Still like to listen to them occasionaly - my favourites are Anywhere, Lies and I'll that I'm living for.

:)

Legends
25-08-07, 19:05
They are alright, although I rarely listen to their music. I like the "Fallen" album.

Ampersand
25-08-07, 20:57
They're all right. Bloody overrated, but all right. I used to be quite a big fan but outgrew them.

ace_85
25-08-07, 20:58
I like Bring Me To Life, and that's about it. Guess I'm not exactly their no.1 fan lol

Hyper_Crazy
25-08-07, 21:01
Yush, one of my favourite bands. :D

There is already an Evanescence thread going:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=103130

Ada the Mental
25-08-07, 21:08
They're all right. Bloody overrated, but all right. I used to be quite a big fan but outgrew them.

Same here. I still like them, but I do think they're overrated and I've sort of grew out of them, as well. I rarely listen to them anymore...

KurtisLonely
25-08-07, 21:11
they're my fav band :)

Vagabond
25-08-07, 21:27
i love them, my fav song is "where will you go" which is on the Origin album.

Admles
26-08-07, 00:28
Can't stand them personally. I find them highly overrated.

Don't like their music, don't find Amy Lee the slightest bit attractive. Nothing for me.

Just my opinion however, doesn't mean I expect everyone else to agree. I once had the chance to meet them and turned it down. Some people told me I was crazy lol

Hybrid Soldier
26-08-07, 03:02

I like them, but i slightly agree. More so on this forum because there seems to be Evanescence threads every so often and so many Amy Lee avatars. :p But yes, Evanescence is good..but i like their first CD by far.

tranniversary119
26-08-07, 03:03
YES! i saw them in concert. Amy Lee can sing!

BtoFu
26-08-07, 03:06
I liked them in 2002. *shame*

star girl
26-08-07, 03:12
Used to be my all-time-fav-band-and-nobody-would-take-their-place-ever!!!!!

But somehow, I just like their music, I dont like the Amy-Lee-show going on.. (at all...)

:wve:

Delakandak
26-08-07, 14:30
cool....

just croft
26-08-07, 14:30
Evanescence? any opinions?

worse band ever!

the morningstar
26-08-07, 15:11
The stuff they did before "Fallen" was excellent, "Fallen" was... ok, didnt like the open door. There are just so many other bands doing the same kind of music and most of them do it a whole lot better.
There best track was "Understanding"

Joe_16
26-08-07, 15:13
I'm not particularly fond of them.

Paperdoll
26-08-07, 15:25
The stuff they did before "Fallen" was excellent, "Fallen" was... ok, didnt like the open door. There are just so many other bands doing the same kind of music and most of them do it a whole lot better.

My thoughts exactly, down to their best song opinion, although I wouldn't consider their first stuff as excellent, pretty damn good, yes, excellent... nah.

Noodleboy
27-08-07, 07:31

Same here. I like their stuff on Origin and Not for your ears better.
My favorite songs are Farther away, You (actually an illegal track.. oops :D),Missing and Forgive me.

ivannnnn
27-08-07, 07:57
I just like one song from her ---> My Immortal ( mellow )

deepbluesea
27-08-07, 08:23
love them, all of their songs. Soft rock is my thing. Love the music videos too

star girl
27-08-07, 10:01
Anybody against the Amy-Lee show? :(

I have nothing against her - but I seriously miss the original line-up.. :(

Admles
27-08-07, 10:51
worse band ever!
QFT!

Paperdoll
27-08-07, 13:22
Anybody against the Amy-Lee show? :(

I have nothing against her - but I seriously miss the original line-up.. :(

The whole thing seems terribly unprofessional, from both parties. Yes they've parted due to some differences, that should be it. It's becoming a habit to turn these things into a soap opera.

Poseidons_Doom
27-08-07, 13:25
i love evenesence,

Although i came in during the 'Open door' period, i still prefer the older stuff,

Like, 'You' (its not illegal or anything :p), 'Hello', 'Tourniquet', 'Haunted'
i still like stuff from the Opne Door though,

:)

star girl
27-08-07, 13:38
The whole thing seems terribly unprofessional, from both parties. Yes they've parted due to some differences, that should be it. It's becoming a habit to turn these things into a soap opera.

yeah, but there's one tiny fact that makes me have a soft corner for john and Rocky... they both have families to support, and now they're broke... :(

Of course they're doing their own shows now, but I cant love Amy again - it really makes me sad that she could do something like that.. On anywhere but home, Amy and John (literally) went "You rule!" "No, you rule!" "no you ****in' rule!" .......

Whatever the reason, I just have this terrible feeling Terry would quit... Then, I'd be through with Evanescence..

scion05
27-08-07, 13:39
I have their fallen album, and that's enough thankyou. :vlol:
There new music is alright, but nothing special :wve:

Paperdoll
27-08-07, 13:41
Still Star, business is business. There have been much worse cases in other bands and yet they handled it professionaly. The truth is we don't know truth. It was that way with Nightwish and it's like that now. Well if Amy is the ***** everyone says she is, ok, there goes her integrity, but they stop having any right to complain when they go bashing her all around in such a public manner. They were a band yes but they were a business as well and they should've handled it like adults, not like teenagers.

star girl
27-08-07, 13:45
Still Star, business is business. There have been much worse cases in other bands and yet they handled it professionaly. The truth is we don't know truth. It was that way with Nightwish and it's like that now. Well if Amy is the ***** everyone says she is, ok, there goes her integrity, but they stop having any right to complain when they go bashing her all around in such a public manner. They were a band yes but they were a business as well and they should've handled it like adults, not like teenagers.

I agree with that.. All I know is that in any case, john's not a saint either... there must be something that made her "pop" like that and fire him a day before her marriage.......

but watch the shows for a moment, with john and rock, they were BETTER shows that now... But anyway... :)

I love Like You - I think it's the BEST song by Ev...

Delakandak
27-08-07, 13:48
AM glad you all like them!:D:D:D:D

Paperdoll
27-08-07, 13:49
Yes it's sad when the band suffers from a member departing... because what many people seem to overlook, specially in this band, is that there is more to it than the lead singer, the other members are part of the creative and performing force as well. Sad really. Well you still have the old stuff to remember :D

star girl
27-08-07, 13:59
Yes it's sad when the band suffers from a member departing... because what many people seem to overlook, specially in this band, is that there is more to it than the lead singer, the other members are part of the creative and performing force as well. Sad really. Well you still have the old stuff to remember :D

You're right.. Especially after releasing a DVD like ABH (Anywhere But Home).. I mean, there are SOO many scenes in which we all go "Yeah! This is a band!" Like for example, when John was acting like a kid, OMG that was hilarious! :vlol: He wore this jacket buttoned up to his neck, and he was nodding and shaking his head in agreement like a 4-year old, and the other guys were saying "Don't cross the street! Play in the yard only!" And he was just so....... :vlol:

NemesisxAngelus
27-08-07, 14:41
I love Like You - I think it's the BEST song by Ev...

Like you gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it :o, it's such a beautiful song :D

star girl
27-08-07, 14:45
Like you gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it :o, it's such a beautiful song :D

Yeah.. I like Like You better than hello.. :)

Delakandak
27-08-07, 14:46
Yeah.. I like Like You better than hello.. :)

Wha?:confused:

Anajrob
27-08-07, 14:51
I like some of their songs, but I don't like their new album. IMO, they are way too overrated. :D Sorry :p

Nemo_91
27-08-07, 14:52
That's funny. Am i the only one who thinks the new album is better than Fallen? :p

star girl
27-08-07, 14:54
I like the older stuff and TOD.. Fallen was great too, but I like ABH best! :jmp:

Angelus
27-08-07, 16:05
Hm... I like Going Under and that's about it. :p

I haven't really heard any of their songs though to be honest. :o

bloodstormaoa
27-08-07, 16:08
That's funny. Am i the only one who thinks the new album is better than Fallen? :p

Nope Nemo, I'm with you :hug: