PDA

View Full Version : Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem

BtoFu
26-08-07, 03:05
Oh noes the sequel no one's been waiting for lands on Christmas Day 07. I hope that's some decision by the studios put across as a joke and a bid to ensure it flops and we never have to even worry about looking at another trailer like the one here ( http://www.avp-r.com/) again. :D

tr_rocks
26-08-07, 03:05
i thought this movie was soo stupid sorry?

BtoFu
26-08-07, 03:08
Apology accepted! It was silly..and this one looks even sillier. :cool:

tranniversary119
26-08-07, 03:09
I thought the first one was so/so.

Admles
26-08-07, 03:27
They really should have based it on the AvP novels like they were going to some 10 years ago when they first talked about these movies!

Rivendell
26-08-07, 08:27
Ohh I like it :tmb: It looks much better than the first film!
Can't see that being a PG-13 either :jmp:

I hope the Aliens win this time..

Admles
26-08-07, 11:20
I also gotta say that its great the lead woman from the last flick isn't in this; she was 1/2 the problem with the original movie!

silver_wolf
26-08-07, 12:10
this one looks good, but then again so did the first one. still, I hope they do a good job.

Dark Lugia 2
26-08-07, 12:17
I did'nt see anythign great about the first movie, but a sequel always gets me intrested :D

findme
26-08-07, 12:20
I hope Predator isn't a good guy this time

toby_13
26-08-07, 13:22
i didn't know they were making a sequel...well this trailer look good. it feels like the old school predator feeling...the jungle and all that stuff. the last one was kind of boring and they were too nice...now, as far as i can see, they're killing people and being bad. and i like that!:mis:

silver_wolf
26-08-07, 13:51
And we have the classic Alien screech back :D

Catapharact
26-08-07, 16:54
Ah yes... fall back to the good ol hollywood strategy.

Wanna revive a series again? Load it up with as much blood and carnage as possible. Don't matter if the story line is probably as dull as eating paper.

However, there were a few aspects that really caught my eye. I have always wondered why the hell do the preditors hold back with skill when they have all this technology to play with? There were quite a few scenes in that movie that clearly showed what a real soldier would do if he had all those toys to play with.

silver_wolf
26-08-07, 17:05
you're right. blood and gore a horror movie do not make. As for the predators holding back, I think they enjoy the hunt too much to just plasma-blast everyone and be done with it.

peffect
26-08-07, 20:57
Apology accepted! It was silly..and this one looks even sillier. :cool:

Don't get me feeling dpressed please!

How could such WONDERFULLY ASTONISHING creepy creatures being called "silly"! :(

I'm talking about the Aliens of course.

Dingaling
26-08-07, 21:09
I know this is gonna sound stupid but I thought Predators had a code of honour in which they didn't kill a harmless or weak person unless they had a (real) weapon? It seems from the trailer the Predator is killing a few innocents. Then again they could be carrying a weapon or shot it earlier but I just thought I'd ask.

And Aliens for the win!

Angelus
26-08-07, 21:30
Looks like they used all the best parts for the trailer! :p

Aliens would soooo win.

Lavinder
26-08-07, 21:33
Bring back the old classics with Sigourney Weaver! :cln:

silver_wolf
26-08-07, 21:37
I know this is gonna sound stupid but I thought Predators had a code of honour in which they didn't kill a harmless or weak person unless they had a (real) weapon? It seems from the trailer the Predator is killing a few innocents. Then again they could be carrying a weapon or shot it earlier but I just thought I'd ask.

And Aliens for the win!
They do,actually. They don't kill anyone who isn't a challenge or a threat (the blond who gets pinned to the wall has a gun)

Draco
27-08-07, 16:28
I hope Predator isn't a good guy this time

Predator wasn't a good guy last time.

nicola1986
28-08-07, 11:26
Loved the AVP games, the first film was so-so. But they should have made it more like the classics or the games.

SoulReaver74
28-08-07, 15:12
I'm not holding my breath on this one, but i live in hope that it delivers what the originals did, i grew up with the Alien an Predator films with their timeless action sequences and quality one liners, i just hope this isn't some cheap Hollywood cash in which exploites the two classics, but i fear it will.

ben_the_joka
28-08-07, 17:25
your right :)

looks like a load of ****