PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on being a Moderator/Admin?

Reggie
27-08-07, 21:07
As someone who's been an admin, I feel kind of grateful I've only ever had to work with a very small community which is very close together. (I am or rather was the admin of the Reborn forums) and during that time I've had to make some tough decisions which haven't always made me too popular. Even staying impartial in a situation can be pretty tough (especially for someone like me! :p), then you get people are just plain irrational and without any reasoning.

In spite of going straight into the role without fully realising the implications, I've no regrets at all. I don't know about anyone else but I learnt a lot from it.

So in light of that I've always wondered what made people here accept the offer of being a mod or what made you want to start a forum as an administrator.

This is a general question to the community but I would interested to see what the forum staff here think of keeping such a large community like this in order too. :)

RAID
27-08-07, 21:21
I don't think it's easy work, especially with a forum big as this one. Personally I don't know if I would be able/want to handle it.

Dakaruch
27-08-07, 21:25
well being a mod or an admin is always a very hard job imo!
so i congratulate every mod and admin here because their work is pretty hard and i respect them for that! and this forum is really big

MiCkiZ88
27-08-07, 21:26
Dear mods, Admins. You've got my sympathy :p

Not something I'd like to do.

Draco
27-08-07, 21:34
I resigned for a reason. It takes too much time to do it right.

trXD
27-08-07, 21:35
what kind of stuff do you have to do as a mod/admin?

jarhead
27-08-07, 21:36
I joined as a member and enjoy posting as a member. Although being a moderator wouldnt change anything, I'd hate to risk it. Plus I wouldnt have the time or anything

xcrushterx
27-08-07, 21:39
I don't think that anyone offered the position should immediately say yes because they (like most people) will feel that it's an absolutely amazing opportunity. Well, it's not: It's hard work on a forum as big as this. I moderate a small forum and I find that it's not too bad because it's small, but it will get even tougher. So if people get asked, I think they should take a day or 2 to think over their decision - no point in saying yes and then regretting it the next day.

As for being an admin, well, it's nothing to snazzy either: it just includes A LOT more time, work and effort on your part even on small forums. Only start a forum if you are prepared.

:)

Hyper_Crazy
27-08-07, 21:43
Mods/Admins have a hell of a lot to work to do, and they put 100% effort into it, and I know I wouldn't be able to handle it, and I'm not responsible enough. If I was offered to chance to be one (never going to happen) I would turn it down.

trXD
27-08-07, 21:44
Mods/Admins have a hell of a lot to work to do, and they put 100% effort into it, and I know I wouldn't be able to handle it, and I'm not responsible enough. If I was offered to chance to be on (never going to happen) I would turn it down.

but what do they do?

Reggie
27-08-07, 21:44
I don't think that anyone offered the position should immediately say yes because they (like most people) will feel that it's an absolutely amazing opportunity. Well, it's not: It's hard work on a forum as big as this. I moderate a small forum and I find that it's not too bad because it's small, but it will get even tougher. So if people get asked, I think they should take a day or 2 to think over their decision - no point in saying yes and then regretting it the next day.

As for being an admin, well, it's nothing to snazzy either: it just includes A LOT more time, work and effort on your part even on small forums. Only start a forum if you are prepared.

^ You put it better than I did :tmb:

I resigned for a reason. It takes too much time to do it right.

I could imagine that to be the case, this place is a fair size and like Crushter pointed out, time is a key factor in both make the decision and putting the work in once you commit yourself...though I've been guilty of being a tad impatient or frustrated sometimes.

Geck-o-Lizard
27-08-07, 21:46
I love being a mod. It's a position that commands respect...

Not that I get much. :D

xcrushterx
27-08-07, 21:46
but what do they do actually?
Moderators have to oversee the forums they moderate i.e they tend to visit them most and look out for bad postings and take the appropriate actions.

Super Moderators can moderate everywhere, so they should give equal attention to all boards and take appropriate action. Super Moderators can also ban (This depends on your forums software, though)

Administrators, have the most work. They have to manage EVERYTHING in the forums i.e members, mods, forums, usergroups, permissions, smileys, etc etc etc, the list goes on and on. :)

trXD
27-08-07, 21:47
wow i would love to be a mod:jmp:
I spend half my sad little life on the computer anyway:D

trXD
27-08-07, 21:48

lol
How did you become a mod?

xcrushterx
27-08-07, 21:49
lol
How did you become a mod?
Moderators are selected on this forum. You practically ruin your chances of EVER becoming one by asking ;)

Reggie
27-08-07, 21:49
Administrators, have the most work. They have to manage EVERYTHING in the forums i.e members, mods, forums, usergroups, permissions, smileys, etc etc etc, the list goes on and on. :)

I have to validate members manually and its a pain the arse having to delete spam bots from the validation list after spending a good amount of time checking up on IPs and what not. That definitely be on the list :p

@Gecko: Glad someone loves it :D

wow i would love to be a mod:jmp:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/tsimy3/XD.gif

Angel_14
27-08-07, 21:50

You should use whip. That way the mortals (members) would kneel at your feet :mis:

trXD
27-08-07, 21:52
Moderators are selected on this forum. You practically ruin your chances of EVER becoming one by asking ;)

Who picks them? Tlr online? I need to know who to suck up to!

lol just kidding

Reggie
27-08-07, 21:53
*Checks trXDs comments, checks trXDs signature.*

I hope your signature is true :p

You should use whip. That way the mortals (members) would kneel at your feet :mis:

http://forums.turbobricks.com/images/smilies/whip.gif

xcrushterx
27-08-07, 21:54

lol just kidding
I don't know, really lol. I'd assume all the mods discuss it, but hey :)

Dakaruch
27-08-07, 21:55

lol just kidding

holly crap we have here a suck up!:yik::yik::yik::yik:
although even with that i think that justin will not make you a mod:pi:

Angel_14
27-08-07, 22:04
I don't know, really lol. I'd assume all the mods discuss it, but hey :)

I imagined it to be like one of those talent shows, where they choose a specific group of people (aka the 'chosen' ones) and they vote who would be the best XD

JANKERSON
27-08-07, 22:40
Being a Super Moderator on 2 tech forums I can tell you it's not always easy and it can take up quite a bit of your time. It not really that big of a deal, well to me at least as I have been doing it for 8 years now.

trXD
27-08-07, 22:42
Being a Super Moderator on 2 tech forums I can tell you it's not always easy and it can take up quite a bit of your time. It not really that big of a deal, well to me at least as I have been doing it for 8 years now.

but your not a super moderator...

Hyper_Crazy
27-08-07, 22:45

...on TRF. JANKERSON must be a Super Moderator on another forum.

JANKERSON
27-08-07, 22:46

Not here, on 2 other forums.

...on TRF. JANKERSON must be a Super Moderator on another forum.

Yes you caught that huh> :)

I have enough on my plate. LOL

trXD
27-08-07, 22:49
Not here, on 2 other forums.

Cool:D
I wish i was a moderator:(
I wonder how they even pick moderators? Is it just random people?

Anajrob
27-08-07, 22:50
I don't think it's easy work, especially with a forum big as this one. Personally I don't know if I would be able/want to handle it.

Dear mods, Admins. You've got my sympathy :p

Not something I'd like to do.
My thoughts! I think it's a hard work!

JANKERSON
27-08-07, 22:50

Not sure about here at TRF....

Hyper_Crazy
27-08-07, 22:51

Why don't you ask Justin and find out?
Joke.

trXD
27-08-07, 22:52
Why don't you ask Justin and find out?
Joke.

lol
I dont think i will ever be a mod anyway becuase of my age:(

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-08-07, 22:53
I thought it was fun. :p

Hyper_Crazy
27-08-07, 22:53
lol
I dont think i will ever be a mod anyway becuase of my age:(

Guess so. They have to pick mature people, so I guess age does play a part.

EDIT: Maybe not...

Geck-o-Lizard
27-08-07, 22:54

Yes. We go through the memberlist Russian Roulette style and pick a random name whenever we need someone.

Age doesn't matter. I've been a mod since I was 16... probably wasn't the youngest ever either.

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:09

The process isn't random, but the moderators generally are... :)

trXD
27-08-07, 23:11
Yes. We go through the memberlist Russian Roulette style and pick a random name whenever we need someone.

are you being sarcastic or being seriouse? btw hyper crazy i am actually very mature for my age (apart from when i get into arguments)

Geck-o-Lizard
27-08-07, 23:12
are you being sarcastic or being seriouse?

Guess! lmao!

Reggie
27-08-07, 23:12
The process isn't random, but the moderators generally are... :)

Nice...but we like our mods that way :D
Please continue your process of selection. :p

Dakaruch
27-08-07, 23:15
Nice...but we like our mods that way :D
Please continue your process of selection. :p

yeah you sure pic the right folks :tmb:
it is good to see that we have hilarious mods when they are needed, and being tough when needed:tmb:

trXD
27-08-07, 23:16
yeah you sure pic the right folks :tmb:
it is good to see that we have hilarious mods when they are needed, and being tough when needed:tmb:

yeah i like the fact that they arent just thread closing machines and they are actually sociable:D

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:17
Right, I have had enough..... Thread closed...

NightWish
27-08-07, 23:18
Personally I like doing it (I am an admin in another forum). Yes its a lot of work but I like it for some reason :)

trXD
27-08-07, 23:20
Right, I have had enough..... Thread closed...:)
this thread isnt closed?

Reggie
27-08-07, 23:22
'tis a joke trXD :D

trXD
27-08-07, 23:22
'tis a joke trXD :D

oh... lol (i think)

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:23
One tries....

Paperdoll
27-08-07, 23:25
Thank god the mods here are decent folks and not the ones that actually ask to be mods, those are usually never good picks :p

As for myself, I'd never do it. Couldn't be bothered with the hassle I think.

trXD
27-08-07, 23:27
Thank god the mods here are decent folks and not the ones that actually ask to be mods, those are usually never good picks :p

yeah... (nervouse laugh)

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:31

To answer the question without a quip....

When a new Mod is required we generally choose someone who has shown a consistant interest in the forum (or a particular section) and contributes in a positive manner.

Asking to be a Mod is normally considered the Kiss of Death.....

Geck..... How did you slip by....... :D

Geck-o-Lizard
27-08-07, 23:32
this thread isnt closed?

Astutely observed. :p

Camera Obscura
27-08-07, 23:37
I've never been one but I imagine it must be hard work being a moderator/admin, especially if you're part of a forum as big as TRF! You have to set apart time to come visit the forums and make sure everyone follows the rules. Close threads, edit vulgur posts, stop arguments. And then there's those stubborn people who like to argue with you when you close their threads or scold them for insulting/harassing other members. Overall, there's a lot of decision making and a lot of responsibility placed on your shoulders.

Responsible, mature, open minded, and some backbone = one heck of a moderator/administrator. :tmb:

Rivendell
27-08-07, 23:40
I enjoy it on the whole.
Yes, it can be tough (in a few different ways) at times, but overall it's a good job. It has it's ups and downs like everything else does!
It demands a lot of time and concerntration, but luckily I'm on here a lot so it's ok ;)

Love this place!
:hug:

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:41
Close threads, edit vulgur posts, stop arguments. And then there's those stubborn people who like to argue with you when you close their threads or scold them for insulting/harassing other members.

Ahhh the best bit. Ban them ban them ban them Muhahahahahah

trXD
27-08-07, 23:42

Have you ever banned anyone?

Reggie
27-08-07, 23:45

In all honesty I used to hate doing that. :o
But its necessary sometimes, I understand that.

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:45
Oh yeeeessssss. I'm looking for a volunteer right now

trXD
27-08-07, 23:46
Oh yeeeessssss. I'm looking for a volunteer right now

Aa volunteer to be banned?

Rivendell
27-08-07, 23:47
:D

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:47
Was that an offer? :)

trXD
27-08-07, 23:48
Was that an offer? :)

lol is that just one of your jokes that i dont understand?

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:49
Maybe..

maybe not

Titanium
27-08-07, 23:50
Sim you cruel person. :whi:

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:50
:D I know. I just can't help myself...

Anubis_AF
27-08-07, 23:52
It's fun until all the jelly runs out... then we don't get treats anymore. But other than that it's all work, with shreds of fun placed beneath ;)

trXD
27-08-07, 23:52
It's fun until all the jelly runs out... then we don't get treats anymore. But other than that it's all work, with shreds of fun placed beneath ;)

What kind of treats do you get?

Rivendell
27-08-07, 23:53
Chocolate ones. :cln:

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:53
Ahhhhh young grasshopper. First rule is not to take Super Mods for granted....

See above. (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2067989&postcount=65)

Hyper_Crazy
27-08-07, 23:55

I haven't seen you around in a while, where you been?
Bit off topic..

Anubis_AF
27-08-07, 23:55

Depends on various factors.. mainly our mood. For instance, I'm not always in the mood for chocolate.

Simulation
27-08-07, 23:59

Ban people :)

trXD
28-08-07, 00:00
Ban people :)

lol
Fear the mighty simulation!

Tombraider14: I dont like your name
Simulation: Oh yeah...
BANNED

Simulation
28-08-07, 00:01
Grass hopper will never learn. I win

Fish.
28-08-07, 00:02
I'm an admin of my own forums. Since it's not very big (around 15 or so members), being administrator isn't that tough. But it is hard when I have to ban someone when they clearly know the rules.

*edit* LOL Simulation :vlol:

trXD
28-08-07, 00:04
Grass hopper will never learn. I win

:hea::hea:
I will get you some day!

Simulation
28-08-07, 00:09

Clara [CA]
28-08-07, 00:10
Welcome back Anubis ! :wve:

Most people see the admin position on a forum as a way to rule it, but things are a little bit more complicated than that. I'd say that it's a difficult position. I like doing it. Having a community to take care of is a rewarding job. Sharing opinions and help and imagination like we do is really great. But it has its bad moments. Every day I am amazed by how rich these exchanges can be. But it also implies that you have lots of extra work, having to read everything, earning most of the time nothing but complaints. Ok, that's an exageration, but that's how one could see it. You also have to act different, you can't start spamming all around even if you want to, because you're leading a community and have to be the example (this doesn't mean I never spam; it just means I'm not supposed to). And you have to be impartial when it comes to the people you like. That's maybe the most difficult part - for me at least : having to boot out and lock accounts of people I appreciated and who helped me a lot, people who I knew to be great persons. It's just a job, but it sometimes goes further than expected.

trXD
28-08-07, 00:11
;2068052']Welcome back Anubis ! :wve:

Most people see the admin position on a forum as a way to rule it, but things are a little bit more complicated than that. I'd say that it's a difficult position. I like doing it. Having a community to take care of is a rewarding job. Sharing opinions and help and imagination like we do is really great. But it has its bad moments. Every day I am amazed by how rich these exchanges can be. But it also implies that you have lots of extra work, having to read everything, earning most of the time nothing but complaints. Ok, that's an exageration, but that's how one could see it. You also have to act different, you can't start spamming all around even if you want to, because you're leading a community and have to be the example (this doesn't mean I never spam; it just means I'm not supposed to). And you have to be impartial when it comes to the people you like. That's maybe the most difficult part - for me at least : having to boot out and lock accounts of people I appreciated and who helped me a lot, people who I knew to be great persons. It's just a job, but it sometimes goes further than expected.

Wow that sounds so cool:jmp::D:cln::o:)

Reggie
28-08-07, 00:14
;2068052']Welcome back Anubis ! :wve:

Thanks for that insight. It must really be be awfully painful to ban people who are really close to you like that. It takes a certain kind of person to be an admin who can carry out their job. Especially on larger forums.

With power comes great responsibility. That's what they always say in the comics and its so very true.

Admles
28-08-07, 02:35
I've moderated, and still moderate, some large forums in my day, and I can tell you it can be a stressful, thankless job at times.

Respect to anyone who can moderate a forum such as this.

tranniversary119
28-08-07, 02:44
I've been a moderator on a teen chat forum. I give my respect to all you mod's/administrators. The forums would be insane if we didn't have you guys ;)

DREWY
28-08-07, 02:50
I only do it for the car. http://bestsmileys.com/cars/18.gif Originally it was supposed to be red Ferarries, Imagine my surprise when the blue convertable BMW was delivered!

http://bestsmileys.com/surprised/1.gifBut I can live with that, even if i can't get the top down due to the weather.
The best weapon here is a sense of humour. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif
(When I find one I'll let you know.)

It's not a job, its a choice.

JANKERSON
28-08-07, 02:51
I've been a moderator on a teen chat forum. I give my respect to all you mod's/administrators. The forums would be insane if we didn't have you guys ;)

That's why they make the big bucks. :vlol:

maximum_123
28-08-07, 08:05
I would like to be one of a forum of members close together like this one. I know the responsibility would be huge as such but I'd always try as best as possible. I've been an admin of another TR forum - Tomb Raider Crazy (or mania). I loved doing my job - keeping everyone close.

I would also love to be a part of team like that - like the moderators and things. Although there will be the bad parts. It will be very privileged too especially becoming a moderator on these forums. The moderating and administration team for these forums must be proud to have part of responsibility for a beautiful forum.

Greenkey2
28-08-07, 08:23
I enjoy being a mod very much. Perhaps it's the fact that I'm insane... no, wait, cancel that. I'm a mod because I'm insane :cln:

A sense of humour is, like Drewy says, essential for survival. Despite the ocassional twit spamming the place, you get to meet and work with some truly fantastic people and that is ultimately what makes it all worthwhile :)

EscondeR
28-08-07, 09:00
The hardest thing is to stay aside, over the situation, being objective...
And sometimes when I log after a weekend offline and see the Tech threads... WOAH! :eek:
:D

^ Bet I can beat you in insanity, Jenni :p

AODdigger
28-08-07, 09:21
It's cool, but too much responsabillity XD LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joke, people, it's easy.

Ikas90
28-08-07, 11:16
I run a forum of my own, and it's not that much of a hassle, really, because no one really breaks the rules, and I don't ban anyone anyway, lol. But it's not that big anyway, only 50 members, and 12,000 total posts, I wouldn't really consider that as a BIG forum that needs lots of moderators. Not much effort required to keep the forum clean. Everone is nice there! :p

Zac Medley
28-08-07, 11:17
I run a forum of my own, and it's not that much of a hassle, really, because no one really breaks the rules, and I don't ban anyone anyway, lol. But it's not that big anyway, only 50 members, and 12,000 total posts, I wouldn't really consider that as a BIG forum that needs lots of moderators. Not much effort required to keep the forum clean. Everone is nice there! :p

Where is it? I'll come over there and start somethin'. :ton:

nicola1986
28-08-07, 11:37
<rubs hands while thinking about being TLRonline> Oh the power! :cln:

Just kidding, it must be hard work being a mod/admin but it's much appreciated! :D

Greenkey2
28-08-07, 12:47
^ Bet I can beat you in insanity, Jenni :p

Ahh, a challenge!

http://foolstown.com/sm/revenant.gif Muhahahaha...... We shall see ;)

Mona Sax
28-08-07, 12:53
Just kidding, it must be hard work being a mod/admin but it's much appreciated! :D
That depends - some people show you more respect, a few are almost afraid of ****ing you off, and then there's others who try to provoke you, challenging your authority. Personally I prefer being treated like any other member. We're all human. Yeah, we have some privileges, and yeah, we sometimes have to do stuff we'd rather not do, but in the end, we're all here because we like TR and because we enjoy being part of this community, chatting and discussing with people from all over the world, like everybody else.

aussie500
28-08-07, 14:17
While being admin and moderator on several sites can be time consuming, l always find it rewarding contributing to such friendly and generally well behaved communities. :)

MiCkiZ88
28-08-07, 14:22
I run a forum of my own, and it's not that much of a hassle, really, because no one really breaks the rules, and I don't ban anyone anyway, lol. But it's not that big anyway, only 50 members, and 12,000 total posts, I wouldn't really consider that as a BIG forum that needs lots of moderators. Not much effort required to keep the forum clean. Everone is nice there! :pSince it's a very nice spam forum :p
Stop trying to lure everyone there. I aint coming back.

Well.. unless you pay me. Nah..
Curse you for demodding me :p

ELEN
28-08-07, 14:52
I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss my 2-months member period :D

trXD
28-08-07, 15:39
Since it's a very nice spam forum :p
Stop trying to lure everyone there. I aint coming back.

Well.. unless you pay me. Nah..
Curse you for demodding me :p

dont be so nasty because you got demodded. You obviously got demodded for a reason

MiCkiZ88
28-08-07, 15:41
dont be so nasty because you got demodded. You obviously got demodded for a reasonErhm, yes. Cause I couldn't care less about that site.

Sorry Saki :p

trXD
28-08-07, 15:42
Erhm, yes. Cause I couldn't care less about that site.

Sorry Saki :p

Well at least you apologised:D (i think)

xcrushterx
28-08-07, 15:43
dont be so nasty because you got demodded. You obviously got demodded for a reason
He was demodded because he only had 10 posts and came on for about 10 seconds every month ;)

trXD
28-08-07, 15:44
He was demodded because he only had 10 posts and came on for about 10 seconds every month ;)

lol i come on about 5 hours every day (thats how crazy i am)

Hyper_Crazy
28-08-07, 15:46
lol i come on about 5 hours every day (thats how crazy i am)

I'm on TRF for about 7-10 hours a day usually.

trXD
28-08-07, 15:47

wow you should be a mod

MiCkiZ88
28-08-07, 15:48
So? You couldn't care less about FF so why should I be there? :p
over 12 here :whi:

xcrushterx
28-08-07, 15:49
wow you should be a mod
Amount of time members spend online doesn't affect the mods decisions... so they say :whi:

James_Rutland
I would love to be a Mod, :D im on here all the time. Highly doubt it happening though.. :pi:

Hyper_Crazy
wow you should be a mod

No I shouldn't. :)

over 12 here :whi:

Lmao, I used to be on about 12 hours, but now I'm out more.

trXD
28-08-07, 15:51
Amount of time members spend online doesn't affect the mods decisions... so they say :whi:

lol i wasnt being seriouse

I would love to be a mod cos it would be so cool. It would be better than just trying to break off arguments like i normally do:D

If im a mod people wont dare argue in my presence:mis:

xcrushterx
28-08-07, 15:52
lol i wasnt being seriouse

I would love to be a mod cos it would be so cool. It would be better than just trying to break off arguments like i normally do:D

Ramblings like that will just hurt your chances :p

trXD
28-08-07, 15:52
Ramblings like that will just hurt your chances :p

im not asking to be one i was just making a joke

trXD
28-08-07, 15:57
Whats an admin anyway? Is it the same as a mod?

Draco
28-08-07, 15:57
I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo miss my 2-months member period :D

Ah yes, that infamous question...I think I asked that once.

Rivendell
28-08-07, 15:58

You bet your ass I would.

Draco
28-08-07, 16:00
Whats an admin anyway? Is it the same as a mod?

To put it in simplest terms:

Moderator can change posts and threads in thier assigned forum section.

Super Moderator can change posts and threads in any forum section as well as control user access (aka bans).

Administrator can do anything...even delete the whole forum permanently (tho I suspect Justin is prepared even for that possibility).

trXD
28-08-07, 16:02
To put it in simplest terms:

Moderator can change posts and threads in thier assigned forum section.

Super Moderator can change posts and threads in any forum section as well as control user access (aka bans).

Administrator can do anything...even delete the whole forum permanently (tho I suspect Justin is prepared even for that possibility).

If i was an admin i would be so tempted to delete the whole site. Even though i wouldnt want to i would be really tempted

Draco
28-08-07, 16:03

I may be incorrect, but I think I was the first TRF member to actually openly lock horns with TLR (on anything lol) in public.

Titles don't scare me.

trXD
28-08-07, 16:03
I may be incorrect, but I think I was the first TRF member to actually openly lock horns with TLR (on anything lol) in public.

Titles don't scare me.

again, i was making a joke

one tries

Dakaruch
28-08-07, 16:04

Titles don't scare me.

:vlol:

@trXD-well we are seeing all the time people arguing with Mods, so...

CroftScionGuard
28-08-07, 16:05
May I ask here: there are 4 administrators, but I mever see Bokkie, and in (s)he's profile there's 0 posts... did Bokkie quit?

trXD
:vlol:

@trXD-well we are seeing all the time people arguing with Mods, so...

It was just a joke i wasnt being seriouse:hea:

maximum_123
12 here :whi:

Me too. Usually... :whi:

ELEN
28-08-07, 16:17
Ah yes, that infamous question...I think I asked that once.

:gki:

Draco
28-08-07, 16:21
:gki:

Nice to see you back :hug:

CroftScionGuard
28-08-07, 16:25
May I ask here: there are 4 administrators, but I mever see Bokkie, and in (s)he's profile there's 0 posts... did Bokkie quit?
I was ignored:(

Hyper_Crazy
28-08-07, 16:26

Bokkie is an active Admin, she/he does post.

trXD
28-08-07, 16:26

lol i dont think anybody knows the anwser

Geck-o-Lizard
28-08-07, 16:31
If i was an admin i would be so tempted to delete the whole site. Even though i wouldnt want to i would be really tempted

...o_O

Why would you be tempted to destroy things?

CroftScionGuard
28-08-07, 16:31
Bokkie is an active Admin, she/he does post.
See (s)he's profile!

xcrushterx
28-08-07, 16:36
See (s)he's profile!
That's McJ. McJ is a test account.

trXD
28-08-07, 16:39
...o_O

Why would you be tempted to destroy things?

lol i wouldnt do it obviously but things like that tempt me

With one click i could wipe out the entire site! I would feel so powerfull:D Obviously i would never actually do it

Dakaruch
28-08-07, 16:41
Me too. Usually... :whi:

same here... yeah i don't have a life :D

Angelus
28-08-07, 16:41

With one click i could wipe out the entire site! I would feel so powerfull:D Obviously i would never actually do it

... oookay.

xcrushterx
28-08-07, 16:42

Actually, it would take several clicks to wipe out any site.

trXD
28-08-07, 16:42
... oookay.

:( Its not that weird is it?

RAID
28-08-07, 16:44

You wouldn't feel so powerful since you won't have a site to be powerful in.

Angelus
28-08-07, 16:45
:( Its not that weird is it?

Not if you don't think it is. :)

trXD
28-08-07, 16:45
You wouldn't feel so powerful since you won't have a site to be powerful in.

I said if i was an admin

RAID
28-08-07, 16:48
I said if i was an admin
If you were admin and deleted the site, you wouldn't feel so powerful since you won't have a site to be powerful in. ;)

trXD
28-08-07, 16:51
If you were admin and deleted the site, you wouldn't feel so powerful since you won't have a site to be powerful in. ;)

oh
I wouldnt delete the site i would just feel so powerfull having the option to do it:D

I wouldnt do it though

Dakaruch
28-08-07, 16:52
oh
I wouldnt delete the site i would just feel so powerfull having the option to do it:D

I wouldnt do it though

OMG you're ****ing crazy :vlol: :vlol:

CroftScionGuard
28-08-07, 16:52
That's McJ. McJ is a test account.
Oh sorry! My mistake! Yet the question remains...

xcrushterx
28-08-07, 17:02
Oh sorry! My mistake! Yet the question remains...
No it doesn't. McJ is just a test account tlr made.

Dakaruch
28-08-07, 17:03
Mc Justin? :vlol:

Jack Croft
28-08-07, 17:05
Mod and admins have it rough dont they ;)

I would mind a go at it anyway i always love new challenges.:p

Geck-o-Lizard
28-08-07, 17:11
Temptation indicates desire. To be tempted to delete the site, you'd WANT to delete it. Why would you want to delete the site, if you had the ability to do so? Being tempted to delete the site purely because you got the power to do it would be like being tempted to slit your own throat when you pick up a breadknife. o_O

Or is temptation not the word you were looking for? ;)

Reggie
28-08-07, 17:13
Haha, I laugh at the supposed fear and respect mods apparantly command.
The fact is, moderators can make themselves unpopular with a lot of people because they try to retain the integrity of their forum. No doubt about it, I've been a little ****ed off about certain decisions made here - mainly in regards to the TR:AE situation but I understand that there's no point being ****ed off at any individuals here because its powers from higher up that feel they should control what is posted, quoted or referenced in fan forums and on fansites such these that are the real problem. Other than that, I've never thought their actions to be unreasonable.

But like I said before, it takes a certain kind of character to be able to a moderator but its a job that has to be done.

Anyway, my point is. If I did have an issue with anyone here, the individual would know about it and likewise with any admin or mod. Be it if I want to talk about something that's upsetting or concerning to me, or something I straight up have a problem with or if I just want to have a chat about random stuff.

I just laugh at the whole apparant mystery factor that surrounds it all having been a small time admin myself. Thanks for the laughs provided here in this thread so far :D

trXD
28-08-07, 17:13
Temptation indicates desire. To be tempted to delete the site, you'd WANT to delete it. Why would you want to delete the site, if you had the ability to do so? Being tempted to delete the site purely because you got the power to do it would be like being tempted to slit your own throat when you pick up a breadknife. o_O

Or is temptation not the word you were looking for? ;)

If temptation=want then thats not the word im looking for. Its like 1% of me just says "just do it" and the other 99% says "wtf are you crazy!"

Dakaruch
28-08-07, 17:15
Mc Justin? :vlol:

is McJ=Mc Justin?

xcrushterx
If temptation=want then thats not the word im looking for. Its like 1% of me just says "just do it" and the other 99% says "wtf are you crazy!"
Sounds like temptation is the word :whi:

McJ is a test account! What it stands for I don't know and personally don't care :)

tr_rocks
i would say no cuz its an authority figure and i dont want 2 be 1! :o

trXD
28-08-07, 17:16
Sounds like temptation is the word :whi:

ok then it is but only slightly

the 1% of me is just some stupid idot looking for adreneline

Eddie Haskell
28-08-07, 22:38
i would say no cuz its an authority figure and i dont want 2 be 1! :o

It's a good thing, because I'd leave immediately after your coronation...;)

I have been a moderator on a military forum for a long time. The job really sucks, and on a forum as large as this dealing with all of the youngsters I don't envy them.

I am very grateful for all of the wonderful mods in here, Justin obviously chooses very wisely and all of the moderators in here are very competent and pleasant. :)

tr_rocks
29-08-07, 03:50
ur very mean!!!!! :mad: its ok!! :p

CAISACO
29-08-07, 04:56

Me neither!

ivannnnn
29-08-07, 07:57
I would never to be admin/mod. I am a lazy guy :p

Mona Sax
29-08-07, 10:01
No doubt about it, I've been a little ****ed off about certain decisions made here - mainly in regards to the TR:AE situation but I understand that there's no point being ****ed off at any individuals here because its powers from higher up that feel they should control what is posted, quoted or referenced in fan forums and on fansites such these that are the real problem.
Believe me, we don't have a choice concerning Core's Anniversary Edition. You can probably see from the posts of some mods, me included, that we don't agree with the situation at all, either. Point is, if we ignored Eidos' wishes, we'd risk getting both TRF and Justin in trouble, and I don't think that's in anybody's interest.

Reggie
29-08-07, 10:34
I understand Mona, hence why my anger and disappointment is directed in Eidos' direction and not the mods here. You guys are fans just like the rest of us after all.

Dakaruch
29-08-07, 10:40
I understand Mona, hence why my anger and disappointment is directed in Eidos' direction and not the mods here. You guys are fans just like the rest of us after all.

yeah Eidos is the ones that make us mad... and make us mad with you mods, because you're the ones who are obliged to ban Core sites and related things...
but yeah you're fans like us, and yeah you mods are just fans like us and some of you seem to be really sorry to close threads about core edition

Andromeda66
29-08-07, 11:15
Its dirty business sometimes :p

No really, being a mod/admin is a job that requires responsibility and I wouldn't take on any more if I could help it.

Anubis_AF
29-08-07, 11:23

Titles don't scare me.

Why should you or anyone be? Moderators aren't here to scare the hell out of anyone, we're here to control behaviours.

Woop Legend!
29-08-07, 11:46
Why should you or anyone be? Moderators aren't here to scare the hell out of anyone, we're here to control behaviours.

Does the position come with a free riot shield?

And a cattle prod?

That would be sweet!

Draco
29-08-07, 15:14

It's all about perception. And considering the type of people we tend to attract here, we get an unusually high degree of respectable types...even if they are young.

I had a hard time getting people to talk to me when I was a mod...well about stuff that had nothing to do with being a mod that is.

Reggie
29-08-07, 18:19
Perhaps the change in direction of the TR series will attract a new crowd a little more keen on anarchy? :p

Watch out mods :D