PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Paralysis - It still continues!!

Tomb-Raider
28-08-07, 21:08
Ive had this for a long time now and I made a few threads about it. I do not know what to do about it! Its so horrifieing !!

For those of you that do not know what im talking about..
Right before I drift off into sleep, I become paralized instead, and you can move or anything. Last night I saw in face in my paralysis. Its not the first time. Most of you know that this is more serious than just getting paralyzed. It invlovles other paranormal stuff.. Anyway, its so terrifieing to experience this so much! What should I do??

Btw, Ill try to dig up the past threads.
EDIT: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=103361

xcrushterx
28-08-07, 21:09
See a sleep doctor.

Little-Lara
28-08-07, 21:12
As we've said before, there's not much you can do besides not sleep on u'r back laying flat. Do u use side pillows, like those body pillows that u hug while sleeping? U should get one of those ASAP because they prevent u from sleeping on u'r back, IMO.

I think it's still happening because u'r comprehending it. Don't. Ignore it as much as u can. It used to happen to me when I was younger, but not any more. Once in a while when it does, I just ignore and it goes away.

Encore
28-08-07, 21:43
that has happened to me quite often in the past. like Little-lara said the trick it's to ignore it. If something like that happens, at first panic takes over, but then I just relax my entire body as best as I can and soon after I can move again.
weird stuff. :o

Geck-o-Lizard
28-08-07, 21:52
There is NOTHING paranormal about sleep paralysis. When you experience that paralysis, you're halfway between dreaming and being awake; everything you see/hear/feel whilst paralysed is a HALLUCINATION, a waking dream. You see scary things because it's your subconscious's response to the panic you feel as you find yourself unable to move. (What happens when things in life are scaring you or stressing you out? You get nightmares. Same thing here.)

I'll repeat what Little-Lara said... sleeping on your back will often encourage sleep paralysis to occur. I have no idea why this happens, but it seems to be true. Try sleeping on your side or on your stomach. And don't go to bed convinced you're going to go through it; that's only going to reinforce the chances of it happening.

Raziel66
28-08-07, 21:58
I had it few times.It's horrible :( I was unable to move,and I heared very loud sounds,and I feeled weird things.It was like a day dream.I was awake,but i still had the dream.I wanted to scream,but I was paralyzed.Scary :o

FullmetalEd
28-08-07, 22:01
What Geck-o-Lizard said, a little more indepth.

Your body paralizes itself when it enters REM sleep (when your mind can dream). It does this so when you have a dream, any dream, you don't bolt out of bed and hurt yourself, like with running dreams.

I'm sorry it really scares you, ask your doctor for a light sleep aid, and possibly you will be able to sleep through it. :hug:

Encore
28-08-07, 22:05
Here's useful reading from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis