PDA

View Full Version : I want a serious relationship!

AnthonyShock1515
29-08-07, 21:30
I want a serious relationship with someone, ANYONE! Loads of people in school have been seeing people for over like 6 months.I've never had a relationship that has went that far. I've only been out with 2 people for a few weeks and it wasn't really serious. It was just hand-holding and a few kisses. I want to have a serious relationship that can last a while and where we both actually like each other. I don't really like anyone in my school because they have traits about them I don't like. I don't want to go to university and maybe's meet someone and I don't know what to do.

Some of my friends say I should go on match.com as a joke but I really want to have a proper relationship instead of a little kiddy relationship. Most of the people I like are straight and I cannot have them. It gets frustrating.

in these arms
29-08-07, 21:33
Same here, but I have to wait a little while :whi::cln:

Lara_Zoz2006
29-08-07, 21:45
can i just ask how old your are im just concerned coz u said the word school, honey if your still in school you dont need to worry about that yet just enjoy your childhood for now and concetrate on your studies, thats what i did now look i have the job i want, i got good grades and i found the man of my dreams who i am currently engaged too, trust me all this school relationships will fizzle 6 months really sint that long of a time to be togther

bloodstormaoa
29-08-07, 21:46
My advice is.....Give it time!

Serious relationships can be such hard work, so there's no need to rush into anything :D

lita212
29-08-07, 21:46
i used to be like that when i was at school. i used to just want to go out with someone cause everyone else went out with one another. but now i just cant be botherd lol although it wud be nice to go out wit sum 1 but im more botherd bout having fun with my mates and doin wot i want to do without having to worry bout a boyfriend not wanting to go somewhere etc

findme
29-08-07, 21:50
aaahhhh the greatness of being sinlge.

:D no girl drama for me at all for 3 months (this summer), I'm kinda grateful. :P I wouldn't wanna get wound up into another "relationship" until like next year or summin, now that I'm in college, don't think I'd have much time anyways.

But An, don't worry, you'll find someone, but please don't use match.com or other stuff, it's tacky. But yeah, give it time. And if you're really desperate, try MySpace?

But yeah, as everybody else said, high school/teenage relationships are rarely really serious. Everyone just wanna have fun at this stage to be honest.

Dakaruch
29-08-07, 21:50
how old are you?
enjoy your time as a free spirit while you can! :D

AnthonyShock1515
29-08-07, 21:53
Thing is I really want to explore it now so I'm prepared for the future. Even then I feel like I'm never going to find someone who I like yet they like me back.

Dakaruch
29-08-07, 21:56
Thing is I really want to explore it now so I'm prepared for the future. Even then I feel like I'm never going to find someone who I like yet they like me back.

don't rush things!
when your not seeking it your true love will appear

Melonie Tomb Raider
29-08-07, 21:57
You're young, and besides that, sounds like you want to be in a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship. And the fact that you said, "ANYONE" is a big red flag right there...

tranniversary119
29-08-07, 21:58
I met someone on the forums at www.tombraider.com and we dated for along time. Whole summer basically she was perfect for me...To bad she lived in lousianna :(:(:(:( We broke up a few weeks ago. But i can't stay in a descent relationship for a while. Hopefully you'll find someone. I'm happy bieng single right now. haha no girl drama.

Lara_Zoz2006
29-08-07, 21:59
no need to rush u got ur whole life to find someone just coz everyone else is doing it doesnt mean u have to do it too

ace_85
29-08-07, 22:07
Sorry to be the bringer of solemn news, but 'serious' relationships aren't always what they're made out to be anyway.

BtoFu
29-08-07, 22:18
I want a relationship like Dawson and Joey's!! :jmp:

Draco
29-08-07, 22:20
Don't be impatient...I was 22 before I found the girl I'm still with...over a year now.

AnthonyShock1515
29-08-07, 22:55
You're young, and besides that, sounds like you want to be in a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship. And the fact that you said, "ANYONE" is a big red flag right there...

Your right. When I talk to people they always talk about their relationships they've been in for a year. It seems really genuine and fun and I'm tired of having to discuss with them how they are doing with their partners. It's awkward and I'd like to experience a proper relationship for once.

Camera Obscura
29-08-07, 22:55
Ah peer pressure, it never fails. :rolleyes:

Seriously, don't rush things bub, because soon peer pressure will cause you to want more than a "serious" relationship. And taking into consideration what you said "I want a serious relationship with someone, ANYONE! Loads of people in school have been seeing people for over like 6 months." That tells me you're childish and desperate and that's not a trait woman, or should I say girl, looks for in a guy.

Go ahead and look for "anyone" who wants to be your girlfriend, but that relationship won't last long, I can guarantee you that. ;)

AnthonyShock1515
29-08-07, 22:59
Ah peer pressure, it never fails. :rolleyes:

Seriously, don't rush things bub, because soon peer pressure will cause you to want more than a "serious" relationship. And taking into consideration what you said "I want a serious relationship with someone, ANYONE! Loads of people in school have been seeing people for over like 6 months." That tells me you're childish and desperate and that's not a trait woman, or should I say girl, looks for in a guy.

Go ahead and look for "anyone" who wants to be your girlfriend, but that relationship won't last long, I can guarantee you that. ;)

You have a really good point.

Angel_14
29-08-07, 22:59
Patience is a virtue, my dear. I'm older than you and I still never, ever had a relationship and I don't care. Serious relationships aren't always fun and everything as you think: It actually requires a lot of responsibilities, time, energy and money ;) You can't just decide "I'm getting into a serious relationship now", because that's not how love works. Just wait, mature and you'll find your 'true' love.

Catapharact
29-08-07, 23:01
Camera Obscura.

^ Thank God for people with a bit more sense around here.

In all honesty Anthony look around you. With the amount of "woe is me" threads and "Oh my God! I am going through yet another emoish trama with my parents" thread, do you actually believe that the average teenager these days has enough gusto to actually take care of him / herself let alone co-exist with another human being in a relationship? Pfft... Chances are slim to nil. I don't think 90% of the people in general around here know what their goals are in a relationship. Now apply the same senerio to your school. If you really are serious about a serious reationship then you WILL work on yourself first before moving on to sharing your life with another person. Burdening another being with your load of junk is totally unfair and most likely he/she will walk away.

bett
29-08-07, 23:07
I want a serious relationship with someone, ANYONE!

be patient and don't compromise. don't settle for someone because a relationship like that is never fulfilling. good luck

AnthonyShock1515
29-08-07, 23:13
If you really are serious about a serious reationship then you WILL work on yourself first before moving on to sharing your life with another person. Burdening another being with your load of junk is totally unfair and most likely he/she will walk away.

I was made aware of how stupid I was being a while ago and I stopped. I've made myself a more honest person now. I've tried keeping my business off this forum and stop fibbing, I know how it makes people feel but telling me that has made me feel awful and as much as you may have a point respect that I'm trying to change myself.

Don;t think that I'm posting this thread for "junking", I only felt that there may be something wrong that I haven't had a decent relationship with someone who likes me back, any teenager would think that.

Encore
29-08-07, 23:34
If it makes you feel better, I'm 22 years old and never had one.
Believe me, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you.
Me on the other hand.. :vlol:

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-08-07, 00:06
Your right. When I talk to people they always talk about their relationships they've been in for a year. It seems really genuine and fun and I'm tired of having to discuss with them how they are doing with their partners. It's awkward and I'd like to experience a proper relationship for once.

Well I know you really want it, a lot of people go through this same thing before they find their special someone. I'm tellin' you though, it'll happen before you know it. My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months now, and get this, he's my first boyfriend... I'm 20 by the way. Do I wish I would have had a boyfriend before him? Of course not! I get to experience all the joys of being in a relationship, for the first time, with the man I am in love with. I could have never dreamed of anything this wonderful, and I feel like the happiest girl in the world. God has blessed me soooooooo much!

But anyways, it'll happen for you, and you'll look back and be like :eek:, because you will have never seen it coming. Focus on your school and stuff right now. When you're in a serious relationship, that's one of the first things to not get as much attention. :vlol:

AnthonyShock1515
30-08-07, 00:18
Well I know you really want it, a lot of people go through this same thing before they find their special someone. I'm tellin' you though, it'll happen before you know it. My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 months now, and get this, he's my first boyfriend... I'm 20 by the way. Do I wish I would have had a boyfriend before him? Of course not! I get to experience all the joys of being in a relationship, for the first time, with the man I am in love with. I could have never dreamed of anything this wonderful, and I feel like the happiest girl in the world. God has blessed me soooooooo much!

But anyways, it'll happen for you, and you'll look back and be like :eek:, because you will have never seen it coming. Focus on your school and stuff right now. When you're in a serious relationship, that's one of the first things to not get as much attention. :vlol:

Thanks for your advice. I'm really happy for you and your boyfriend BTW, he's really lucky. I'll take your advice and looking back at what I said I can see how desperate I am, I feel I was missing out on something great, not sex, I'm not bothered about that at all. But hey, your totally right, I have better things such as exams to worry about now. Maybe when I pass my exams I might meet someone I like and who knows.:D

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-08-07, 00:43
Sounds like you're going about things the right way now, Anthony. You'll meet your wonderful person at the right time, and when you do, you're going to be soooooo happy. Good things come to those that wait. :tmb: If you jump into any relationship now, it could be a really bad one, No relationship is better than a horrible relationship.

Thorir
30-08-07, 00:51
**** them, dump them.

Melonie Tomb Raider
30-08-07, 00:56
O.o

Thorir
30-08-07, 00:58
Use condoms, darling.
Hetero´s are boring.

Catapharact
30-08-07, 01:03
If it makes you feel better, I'm 22 years old and never had one.
Believe me, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you.
Me on the other hand.. :vlol:

Would it surprise you if I were to tell you that I am almost 21 now and I am already married?

Use condoms, darling.
Hetero´s are boring.

Thorir, you are boring.

Thorir
30-08-07, 01:05
I only meant to be helpful!

Catapharact
30-08-07, 01:08
I only meant to be helpful!

Then help when you AREN'T drunk. Really, you aren't actually helping out the situation here.

Thorir
30-08-07, 01:10
Hetero´s have no style, anyway.

John Galliano, babe.

Encore
30-08-07, 01:15
Would it surprise you if I were to tell you that I am almost 21 now and I am already married?

My post was to mean exactly that a teenager who never had a serious relationship shouldn't worry, and that far more disturbing is a 22 year old never having one (like me). You being already married doesn't surprise me, it only adds to my point. I'm happy for you and I congratulate you. :wve:

Catapharact
30-08-07, 01:17
Anthony... God I swear we need to find you a girl fast (actually, not fast but we do need to find you a girl.) I really will fail at my duties as a human being if I let you turn into Thorir here.

Listen... You're young. You're getting into a relationship for all the wrong reasons. What are you trying to base your relationship upon? Nothing but pressure. With such a weak foundation, what do see to accomplish togather with your partner in the future? Not much I can tell you that.

So hold your horses.

Catapharact
30-08-07, 01:20
My post was to mean exactly that a teenager who never had a serious relationship shouldn't worry, and that far more disturbing is a 22 year old never having one (like me). You being already married doesn't surprise me, it only adds to my point. I'm happy for you and I congratulate you. :wve:

I know what you ment actually but you have to realise that people around here don't exactly take things on a grain of salt Lol! I was just trying to clarify my position that age isn't a factor but reasons and foundations for relationships are.

And thankyou :). You're quite attractive; Don't think lack of guys asking you out isn't a factor in your case.

tranniversary119
30-08-07, 01:24
Hetero´s have no style, anyway.

John Galliano, babe.

I take offense to that im a heterosexual.

Catapharact
30-08-07, 01:28
I take offense to that im a heterosexual.

Take his stuff on a grain of salt tranniversary. Half the time he isn't even sure if he awake or still asleep. His posts obviously reflect that.

tranniversary119
30-08-07, 01:29
Take his stuff on a grain of salt tranniversary. Half the time he isn't even sure if he awake or still asleep. His posts obviously reflect that.

Well it sure seems it.

Indiana Croft
30-08-07, 01:30
I wish I could get into a serious relationship. Like I said before, I'm Drew Berrymore with a Y chromozome:( (never been kissed) so sad. There is this person. You know where you just can feel the chemistry. We have that chemistry that makes things go KA-BOOM. I can't really describe it. It's like we have this magnatism, but just like magnets, we loose our magnetic charge when things heat up. You can feel them looking, but you try so hard not to look back...it's too complex to describe. We both always end it before it begins at one time or another. I guess i'm just afraid.

Ha, look at me talking like I'm in some crappy Chick-Flick! I'm way too young to know what the hell I'm talking about. But still :vlol:

So complicated

tr_rocks
30-08-07, 01:35
yeah i liked this girl but she didnt lke me that way tried 2 make her jelous with another girl but found out i really like the girl i used!!!! :D were still going out!!!!! :D :)

2kool4u
30-08-07, 01:35
*SLAP* Wtf do you want a serious relationship? Jesus christ your waay to young screw around and have fun

Indiana Croft
30-08-07, 01:37
*SLAP* Wtf do you want a serious relationship? Jesus christ your waay to young screw around and have fun

Damn right:ohn::D

I don't need this emotion comotion. Too young, times a wastin!
They want me, come get me. Till then, it's fair game

Spitfire
30-08-07, 01:41
I've dated a few girls back when I was younger and I find that it wasn't exactly what I wanted, they all ended within three months. I took two years off and found myself my first real relationship with another guy who's not one looking for sex with no strings attached. I count him as my first real relationship because it's meaningful and came out of the blue. I didn't go looking for it, it just happened. I'm 17, it took me quite some time to find the right person. Don't feel like you're in a rush Anthony. Truly the best of people catch you off guard when you least expect it and it feels amazing.

If you are still interested in finding a person just put yourself out there but not in the wrong sense, god knows there are to many promiscuous men out there who are all tangled up in their own mind games. Wait it out, the right guy will come and find ya. It might take a few weeks, it might take a few years. Time has it's advantages because when the real feeling finally settles in, it makes it that much more enjoyable that you've waited that long.

tranniversary119
30-08-07, 01:42
I've dated a few girls back when I was younger and I find that it wasn't exactly what I wanted, they all ended within three months. I took two years off and found myself my first real relationship with another guy who's not one looking for sex with no strings attached. I count him as my first real relationship because it's meaningful and came out of the blue. I didn't go looking for it, it just happened. I'm 17, it took me quite some time to find the right person. Don't feel like you're in a rush Anthony. Truly the best of people catch you off guard when you least expect it and it feels amazing.

If you are still interested in finding a person just put yourself out there but not in the wrong sense, god knows there are to many promiscuous men out there who are all tangled up in their own mind games. Wait it out, the right guy will come and find ya. It might take a few weeks, it might take a few years. Time has it's advantages because when the real feeling finally settles in, it makes it that much more enjoyable that you've waited that long.

You dated guys/Girls? :confused:

Spitfire
30-08-07, 01:47
You dated guys/Girls? :confused:

When I was younger I found myself attracted to guys but felt it wasn't the norm so I started dating girls like crazy, it was accepted and easy to find a girlfriend but In high school I ended up falling for this one guy and found myself finding both guys and girls appealing, except I'm pretty sure I prefer guys more. So I guess I could be bisexual but leaning more toward gay. I've just have felt the most comfortable with the relationship I've been in now wit my boyfriend. But that's not to say I've turned away from women completely, she'd just have to be one very special girl.

Thorir
30-08-07, 01:48
Perhaps he is bisexual?

Spitfire
30-08-07, 01:49
Perhaps he is bisexual?
Me or Anthony?
Actually now I'm curious as to the question, are you bisexual or gay, Anthony?

_Lam
30-08-07, 01:50
I'm SO like you !
My longest relationship last like, 1 months. I want like 1 years, when I see all those couple, I want to be like that too. The worst part in a relationship for me is the beginning, where you are all shy, but when it last 1 years, you know each other and this is a true relationship. That what I want. ;)

2kool4u
30-08-07, 01:53
Damn right:ohn::D

I don't need this emotion comotion. Too young, times a wastin!
They want me, come get me. Till then, it's fair game

:vlol: :vlol:

Spitfire
30-08-07, 01:58
I'm SO like you !
My longest relationship last like, 1 months. I want like 1 years, when I see all those couple, I want to be like that too. The worst part in a relationship for me is the beginning, where you are all shy, but when it last 1 years, you know each other and this is a true relationship. That what I want. ;)

It's really hard to go beyond a few months since most people can connect at the beginning, partly because it's a physical attraction. It's when you learn the little things about a person, their habits and hang ups. Deeper interests can keep people together or tear them apart. Long relationships really are rewarding but sometimes they're quite consuming.

Encore
30-08-07, 02:38
I know what you ment actually but you have to realise that people around here don't exactly take things on a grain of salt Lol! I was just trying to clarify my position that age isn't a factor but reasons and foundations for relationships are.

And thankyou :). You're quite attractive; Don't think lack of guys asking you out isn't a factor in your case.

thanks.. the last thing I want though is to drag my own problems into Anthony's thread so that's it :o :wve:

Legends
30-08-07, 06:14
When the right person comes along, you'll be ready to commit to a serious relationship. If you try to have that with anyone you are going to be hugely disappointed. Don't put so much pressure on it and I'm sure you'll find a great person to have a great relationship with.

Beanz
30-08-07, 06:21
I know how you feel anthony, Especially with everyone being straight, :sigh: Ah well. Just give it time, there's someone out there for everyone :)

domina
30-08-07, 06:22
I think you really need to ask yourself why you want a relationship so badly. Is it to fill a void? Are you unhappy with yourself and seeking validation? These aren't good reasons to get involved with someone, and they're certainly going to pose as obstacles in maintaining a healthy, long-term relationship.

You need to be happy with yourself before you can expect others to want to be with you. All that relationships should do is add to that happiness. They shouldn't be the foundation for it.

ivannnnn
30-08-07, 08:00
Sex again? Hmmpphh, i hate talking about sex with many people

Anthony, you should face her/him and tell that i admire you :)

jackali
30-08-07, 09:21
Look, you're extremely unlikely to have a serious relationship at this stage in your life. Honestly, don't you think that it is a bit absurd to have a serious relationship now? Most "serious" relationships end up with long term commitments. The ones that last about 6 months are in no way serious, certainly not at that age.

The best way to go is to just enjoy life and have a relationship with someone you really like, but it need not be serious until you are actually ready to commit (maybe 6-30 years).

You need to get your life in the right direction before you get into such a relationship, if not then the relationship will fail because it will take away from your life, which would yet to be decided. In this day and age you really need to be sorted in life to have a good relationship otherwise you wont have time for both, which would make both you and your partner unhappy.

nicola1986
30-08-07, 09:56
There are millions of people out there and you will definitely find someone that you want to be in a relationship with, it just takes time, usually these kinda things happen when you are least expecting it! :) :hug:

Mona Sax
30-08-07, 09:58
Thing is I really want to explore it now so I'm prepared for the future.
Don't worry, you have a lifetime to explore. There is no test or anything you have to be 'prepared' for, and there is no 'right' or 'only' way to have relationships, either. In fact, I'd be worried if you stopped exploring and experimenting one day. Be yourself, live your life the way you want. The only one who can really put pressure on you is yourself, nobody else.

Zac Medley
30-08-07, 10:02
A lot of people who are in relationships want to be out of them, or have one with someone else. People who have no relationship think they want one. The real key is to learn to be content in whatever state you are - although this is easier said than done. It takes a conscious decision to decide to be content as you are. You can get yourself into a real stew if you keep convincing yourself that you want to have something that you don't have. You can and will make yourself utterly miserable for no reason.

Veronica Ma
30-08-07, 10:13
A lot of people who are in relationships want to be out of them, or have one with someone else. People who have no relationship think they want one. The real key is to learn to be content in whatever state you are - although this is easier said than done. It takes a conscious decision to decide to be content as you are. You can get yourself into a real stew if you keep convincing yourself that you want to have something that you don't have. You can and will make yourself utterly miserable for no reason.Well said! :tmb:

jjbennett
30-08-07, 10:23
Ant i know how you feel mate, im the same, last...ahem, "girlfriend" was about 3 years ago for a week and nowt since. I really want to be in a serious relationship too, im not that bothered about sex (i reckon it should be with the right person) and personally prefer the hanging about with them, kissing, cuddles, watching telly, going walks and all the other innumerable things.

But you can't force anyone into a relationship, so until someone (haha) actually likes you, your stuffed really. Harsh but i've been through it for a few more years.

Also as a side note, i know people only voice opinions on the "have fun" and "what you need a relationship for?" front but it doesn't help really, probably only makes him feel worse.

J.

jamieoliver22
30-08-07, 10:37
Don't rush into a relationship or force yourself into liking people just so that you can have someone. Give it time, you will find the right one eventually. Don't force yourself into love, you will fall in love when the time is ready.

AnthonyShock1515
30-08-07, 11:12
Listen... You're young. You're getting into a relationship for all the wrong reasons. What are you trying to base your relationship upon? Nothing but pressure. With such a weak foundation, what do see to accomplish togather with your partner in the future? Not much I can tell you that.

So hold your horses.

Indeed. Thank you really much. And everybody else too.:)

I realize I don't really need to rush, society (my mother:rolleyes:) is always pressuring me to have a "proper" boyfriend/girlfriend. She bugs me about it all the time but I have learned its alright and plenty of people here are older than me when they first had a partner. I think I will get my life sorted out first, passing my exams and such then maybe a special person will come along. Thanks everyone, you have really changed my attitude on the matter. :):hug:

Ikas90
30-08-07, 11:34
Before getting into a serious relationship, think to yourself, is it gonna be worth it?

Sometimes relationships can cause a lot of pain, and you can become emotionally-dependant on the other person. Deep down, think about if you're going to be really happy. I, myself am in a long distance online relationship, and it is very hurtful at times. If the person isn't online, or won't answer their phone, it causes me to worry. But with someone close, it would be easier. But you still have to think about it before you get into a serious relationship, because if you're unhappy a while later, you can end up being heartbroken.