PDA

View Full Version : Buffy the Vampire Slayer spin-off may just happen

Angelus
29-08-07, 23:27
I'm sooo excited! I hope it happens:

The BBC and Fox will collaborate on a Buffy The Vampire Slayer spin-off starring Anthony Stewart Head entitled Ripper, according to a report.

The Daily Star quotes a source as saying that Buffy creator Joss Whedon is "keen to work with the BBC" and that "they've got the green light to start filming".

According to the alleged insider, Ripper, which has been mooted since Buffy finished in 2003, "will follow Bufyy's mentor Giles (Head) after he decides to come out of retirement in his native England to solve ghost stories and other mysteries".

The report claims that the show will enter production next year. The BBC has yet to confirm or deny the claims.

Source: Clicky (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a74427/report-buffy-spin-off-given-go-ahead.html)

bloodstormaoa
29-08-07, 23:29
:yah: Awesome :tmb: I love Giles....but the BBC?

Although I still kinda hope a "real" Buffy project (new film?) gets greenlit soon, the scooby-gang aint really doing much these days :(

Angelus
29-08-07, 23:34
:yah: Awesome :tmb: I love Giles....but the BBC?

Although I still kinda hope a "real" Buffy project (new film?) gets greenlit soon, the scooby-gang aint really doing much these days :(

Alyson Hannigan is in How I Met Your Mother, Sarah Michelle Gellar has been in a quite a number of films, so has Michelle Trachtenburg. James Marsters is appearing in Torchwood, too. :)

Natey168
29-08-07, 23:38
Oooooohhhhhhh! I can't wait!!! EEP! (If it happens. Which it'd better.) :jmp:

Indiana Croft
29-08-07, 23:42
I'm sorry, but that won't do very well. Giles without Buffy is like Cosmo without Jerry...critic cannon fodder

Angelus
29-08-07, 23:46
I'm sorry, but that won't do very well. Giles without Buffy is like Cosmo without Jerry...critic cannon fodder

I'm sure that Anthony Stewart Head can hold his own show, and I'm sure other cast members from Buffy would make guest appearances, or even become regulars!

LegenDarY
29-08-07, 23:52
I'd rather have a Willow spin-off. With lots of dark/evil Willow. Or the final-white-haired-goddess-Willow :D.

Angelus
30-08-07, 00:01
I'd rather have a Willow spin-off. With lots of dark/evil Willow. Or the final-white-haired-goddess-Willow :D.

Where she kills Kennedy? I'm up for that. :p

bloodstormaoa
30-08-07, 00:03
Alyson Hannigan is in How I Met Your Mother, Sarah Michelle Gellar has been in a quite a number of films, so has Michelle Trachtenburg. James Marsters is appearing in Torchwood, too. :)

I know....but none of their respective projects have really set the world on fire...not like Buffy did.

:vlol: Every time I watch The Grudge, when SMG discovers the old lady in shock and the big hairball starts glaring at her...I always think that Buffy would so kick that hairballs ass and SMG looks stupid pulling that "I'm scared" face :D

DMC
30-08-07, 00:41
Well It's nice to hear that,but I was never a big Giles fan...:D

But hey,I'm happy to hear anything Buffy-related is coming up :)

interstellardave
30-08-07, 01:56

Did someone mention evil Willow?! :D

LegenDarY
30-08-07, 02:53
Did someone mention evil Willow?! :D

Hey I figured if she doesn't get her own game, she might as well get her own spin-off :D.

jackali
30-08-07, 07:11
Interesting, but Anthony Stewart Head is looking a little old now. He might not be able to do action scenes. If you've seen him dropping off and picking up his daughter from the BRIT school, you'll know what I mean.

remote91
30-08-07, 10:02
OH MY GOD :eek: that would be so cool! Though myself I would rather have a buffy continuation :( ah will it will be nice to see what yee old Giles is up to, the scoobies might make an appearance throughout the series too :p The Buffy franchise is not dead yet!

Angelus
30-08-07, 10:34
OH MY GOD :eek: that would be so cool! Though myself I would rather have a buffy continuation :( ah will it will be nice to see what yee old Giles is up to, the scoobies might make an appearance throughout the series too :p The Buffy franchise is not dead yet!

The series is being continued in comic form, and Joss Whedon himself is writing them. :wve:

interstellardave
30-08-07, 11:16
The series is being continued in comic form, and Joss Whedon himself is writing them. :wve:

Yeah but that is not at all the same. I love the show--witness my avatar--but I really couldn't care less about comics based on the show. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't at least do a movie... I know they've all done other things since but they'd all make more money doing a Buffy movie than anything else they've done. They loved working on the show too so it seems a no-brainer.

Angelus
30-08-07, 11:19
Yeah but that is not at all the same. I love the show--witness my avatar--but I really couldn't care less about comics based on the show. I can't for the life of me understand why they don't at least do a movie... I know they've all done other things since but they'd all make more money doing a Buffy movie than anything else they've done. They loved working on the show too so it seems a no-brainer.

I know what you mean about the comics, because I won't read them either. And I agree about the film. I'm sure one film to wrap everything up would be amazing.

Alex Fly
30-08-07, 11:20
Interesting, thanks for sharing ! :)