PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Truck Ban

mattlsu
31-08-07, 02:00
Forty years ago a Des Moines girl was hit by a car and killed while crossing the road to get a treat from an ice cream truck. Because of that accident, a citywide ban on ice cream trucks was created and still remains today. How is this the ice cream truck's fault? The girl is the one who walked out into the street without paying attention. If anybody's fault, it would be that of her parents for not watching her. A video is below:

GPSsi_4-6YE

What do you think about the ban?

tr_rocks
31-08-07, 02:09
wow!? :confused: thats wierd?

tranniversary119
31-08-07, 02:19
Forty years ago a Des Moines girl was hit by a car and killed while crossing the road to get a treat from an ice cream truck. Because of that accident, a citywide ban on ice cream trucks was created and still remains today. How is this the ice cream truck's fault? The girl is the one who walked out into the street without paying attention. If anybody's fault, it would be that of her parents for not watching her. A video is below:

GPSsi_4-6YE

What do you think about the ban?

:confused::confused: No offense to the girl but that's pretty lame

ajrich17901
31-08-07, 02:40
All i got to say is good friken lord

SamReeves
31-08-07, 03:00
Sounds like the liberals over-reacting once again. :rolleyes:

I feel like chocolate mint right now. ;)

Fish.
31-08-07, 03:30
That's dumb, how is it the ice cream truck's fault?? :mad:

Lenochka
31-08-07, 04:26
Yes... because ice cream trucks can control random by standers and cause them to walk out into the road aimlessly and get bit by vehicles :whi: I mean come on, Just another example of people wanting to blame someone/something else for there own mistakes. They should have been watching there kid and if this girl was older then she should have been watching the road herself.

DREWY
31-08-07, 04:38
Same bans apply here too. Considering a careful parent keeps an eye on their kids, and a careful driver would see the icecream truck and think, 'kids' and drive accordingly, it's a knee jerk reaction. What's next, ban fire trucks? Kids love to watch firemen at work- if they run accress the road and get hit, is that their fault too?

Admles
31-08-07, 04:41
Its almost as stupid as those people who sue McDonalds for making them fat!

Necromanser
31-08-07, 04:43
Its almost as stupid as those people who sue McDonalds for making them fat!
Seconded

DREWY
31-08-07, 04:48
Hey, I made good money there :vlol:

Admles
31-08-07, 04:50
Hey, I made good money there :vlol:
But hang on, you're in Australia, I didn't think we'd reached the level of suing for stupid things the US has yet!

DREWY
31-08-07, 04:52
You don't own 'stupid'
But no, we haven't sued them yet. But it's only a matter of time. We follow along....

Admles
31-08-07, 04:56
Yeah thats true. In fact I'm surprised we haven't already started it over here.

Maybe we can be the first :D

Sue for enough and produce a 3rd TR movie :D

Mr.Burns
31-08-07, 04:56
But hang on, you're in Australia, I didn't think we'd reached the level of suing for stupid things the US has yet!

Oi! Not all of us are fat, dumb, lazy, stupid and law suit trigger happy!....

well maybe a fair few of us. :) It's getting bad over here. Can't fart in public without the risk of being sued for "emotional distress" :rolleyes:

george_croft
31-08-07, 07:34
Oi! It's getting bad over here. Can't fart in public without the risk of being sued for "emotional distress" :rolleyes:

Lmao :vlol:

Lol, the ban is stupid. Let the children have some ice cream :mad::D

Lara_Zoz2006
31-08-07, 07:40
Thats crazy theres always ice cream vans going round here

Voni
31-08-07, 08:15
I'd love to see them try and implement a ban here, they wouldn't be able to it! Mind you, we've had next to no summer so maybe no one would care...

Greenkey2
31-08-07, 11:09
Utter nonsense.

The ice-cream vans we have here in Britain usually have "Watch that child!" painted on the sides; and it is entirely the child/parent's fault if they walk right out in front of it. We don't ban cars and other vehicles because of deaths/injuries on our roads :rolleyes:

ROFL @ Mr Burns' emotionally distressing farts :vlol: