PDA

View Full Version : Within Temptation

danitiwa
31-08-07, 19:48
Who likes them? I know I LOVE them, I can't get enough of Angels. :D And they're coming to Berlin next month! :jmp: *SQUEEE* I'll probably go with my friend. :D I think their music is beautiful. :tmb:

Nemo_91
31-08-07, 19:50
They're one of my favourite bands. :tmb: Mother Earth is their best album, IMO.

Paperdoll
31-08-07, 20:03
I love their Enter album but IMO after The Silent Force, they went downhill. Could've been great, decided to be mediocre.

danitiwa
31-08-07, 20:04
I love their Enter album but IMO after The Silent Force, they went downhill. Could've been great, decided to be mediocre.
I'll just get an older album and a new one and compare then. :p

amalitsa
31-08-07, 20:06
i love them..stand my ground is one of my favourite songs ever!!!

Ampersand
31-08-07, 20:06
I love/d them, though I'm currently on more of a Nightwish stint. Within Temptation during the Mother Earth and Silent Force eras were my absolute favourite, but as for their newest album...I dislike it. A few good songs, but otherwise deeply, deeply mediocre.

Paperdoll
31-08-07, 20:10
I'll just get an older album and a new one and compare then. :p

Try Mother Earth then, Sharon uses her voice to her full extent there (which doesn't happen in the latest album). The Enter album can be a bit of hit and miss since it's not at all similar to their newer stuff, it's more gothic metal. Pearls of Light is a beautiful song though.

Nemo_91
31-08-07, 20:11
I agree with Paperdoll. :tmb:

danitiwa
31-08-07, 20:12
Try Mother Earth then, Sharon uses her voice to her full extent there (which doesn't happen in the latest album). The Enter album can be a bit of hit and miss since it's not at all similar to their newer stuff, it's more gothic metal. Pearls of Light is a beautiful song though.
Hmm yeah. Thanks for the tip Dollie. ;)

Paperdoll
31-08-07, 20:14
No problem :D let us know what you think afterwards :p

danitiwa
31-08-07, 20:26
No problem :D let us know what you think afterwards :p

Will do. :D

Cord_Croft
31-08-07, 20:30
Never heard any of their stuff!

*youtubes*:D

Assassino
31-08-07, 20:50
I love them!!!!
I love the howling, stand my ground, what have you done, mother earth, angels...
Such a great band!:D
\m/

NemesisxAngelus
31-08-07, 21:10
One of my favorite bands! :jmp: Yes, I have many favorite bands :p

Admles
31-08-07, 22:17
Wasn't there already a WT thread? *shrugs*

Regardless, I really like them. They are like Evanescence, but with ability, talent and good music, and an attractive female lead.

"Ice Queen" is my favourite song.

RAID
31-08-07, 22:28
"It's The Fear" is their best song, followed by "Angels", "Stand My Ground" and "Memories".

gtkilla
31-08-07, 22:31
Can't stand 'em. Especially that 'Ice Queen' song...ugh, friggin' annoying. The lead singer's cat screechy blackboard-scratching voice is enough to make my ears bleed. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Nemo_91
31-08-07, 22:37
Can't stand 'em. Especially that 'Ice Queen' song...ugh, friggin' annoying. The lead singer's cat screechy blackboard-scratching voice is enough to make my ears bleed. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Don't post then. :/ :p

"It's The Fear" is their best song, followed by "Angels", "Stand My Ground" and "Memories".

It's The Fear is one of those songs that i don't really like. :ohn:

gtkilla
31-08-07, 22:39

Do I tell people who don't like TR:A or CD to not post? No. So, I'll post what I want.

Anajrob
31-08-07, 22:39
Never heard any of their stuff!

*youtubes*:D

Me too. :o

Nemo_91
31-08-07, 22:40
Do I tell people who don't like TR:A or CD to not post? No. So, I'll post what I want.

I was just kidding. :wve:

Catlantean
31-08-07, 23:35
I like some of their songs a lot ("Memories" comes to mind), but her voice has a certain annoying, high-pitched sound at times.

dannyb37
31-08-07, 23:37

let them, theres 2 sides to an argument!!!! I like them, but I would like to hear both sides to the argument.

Paperdoll
31-08-07, 23:41
Well yeah her singing style isn't anything like what you'd normally hear on your average pop song.. they are different styles after all so I can see how that could annoy someone who isn't used to it, I guess you really need to appreciate the vocal technique in it to truly love it for what it is, awesome singing :p prefer other voices though. But if you think that's high pitched... don't listen to Hyubris :p

Dakaruch
31-08-07, 23:44
Well yeah her singing style isn't anything like what you'd normally hear on your average pop song.. they are different styles after all so I can see how that could annoy someone who isn't used to it, I guess you really need to appreciate the vocal technique in it to truly love it for what it is, awesome singing :p prefer other voices though. But if you think that's high pitched... don't listen to Hyubris :p

hyubris sucks XD
well imo within Temptation is not bad... there are better bands... :p

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 00:03
hyubris sucks XD
Aww I like them :D in very small doses once in 6 months XD

well imo within Temptation is not bad... there are better bands... :p

True, specially nowadays.

bloodstormaoa
01-09-07, 00:05
Meh -----> Within Temptation

I'll agree with this though;

The lead singer's cat screechy blackboard-scratching voice is enough to make my ears bleed. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

If I want to listen to some loon howl incessantly for an hour or so, I'll pop into town on a Thursday.........when the crazies surface :pi:

:p

Catlantean
01-09-07, 00:07
It's not just the pitch, it's that at moments she sounds (to me) like she's attempting opera vocals and not quite succeeding. Like singing in falsetto or something. I don't know much about singing technique and she most certainly can sing much better than average, but I like her voice more in the natural range.

Anyway, if Within Temptation held a concert somewhere near me, I'd go.

Ward Dragon
01-09-07, 00:44
I've only heard a few of their songs. I really like Mother Earth, but I listened to a few others on YouTube and had to stop because her voice was too high for me to bear. It was fine in Mother Earth, though.

NightWish
01-09-07, 01:18
I odnt really like the.. Well they ake pleasant music but the gal squeacking kinda ruins it all.

Legends
01-09-07, 04:11
I like the "Deep Forest" album.

Ampersand
01-09-07, 06:40
What 'Deep Forest' album? Can't say I've ever heard of it. o.O

Alex Fly
01-09-07, 09:15
They are one of my favorite bands. :)

danitiwa
01-09-07, 10:07
Well if you'd rather listen to Britney Spears, be my guest. ;)
I like her high pitch though, there's someting impressive about how high she can go. Sharon is much more talented than 80% of those pink jumpy pop stars.

Nemo_91
01-09-07, 10:15
What 'Deep Forest' album? Can't say I've ever heard of it. o.O

Me neither. O_o

star girl
01-09-07, 10:28
Hey, I sound like Sharon! :yik:

kidding, my voice is deeper :p

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 10:29
I like the "Deep Forest" album.

Wiki says no :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Within_Temptation#Discography

danitiwa
01-09-07, 10:34
Wiki says no :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Within_Temptation#Discography

Compua' says no. :p
Why do I get off topic so easily around you Dollie? :vlol:

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 10:41
I guess I have the offtopic virus eh :p now go listen to the WT stuff I told you to!!! XD

Ada the Mental
01-09-07, 11:57
I really like them.
I agree that their newest album wasn't the best, but I don't dislike it and I quite like some of the new songs.

Dani, definitely try listening to "Mother Earth" and "Enter".

BTW, I generally prefer Sharon's voice when she's normally singing, but I don't mind the higher notes.

danitiwa
01-09-07, 12:01
I have listened to Mother Earth already, :p

Chocolate
01-09-07, 12:01
Within Temptation! :jmp:

Absolutely love them. My favourite songs are pretty much all the songs on Mother Earth [especially The Promise], and I love the songs 'Hand of Sorrow' and 'Our Solemn Hour'. I'm not a huge fan of their other album 'The Silent Force' though.

Delakandak
01-09-07, 12:05
love em...:D

Nemo_91
01-09-07, 12:08
Absolutely love them. My favourite songs are pretty much all the songs on Mother Earth [especially The Promise], and I love the songs 'Hand of Sorrow' and 'Our Solemn Hour'. I'm not a huge fan of their other album 'The Silent Force' though.

Same here. :tmb:

Ada the Mental
01-09-07, 12:12

Lol,ok, then. Well, you still have to listen to Enter!:p

Nemo_91
01-09-07, 12:14

It's awesome isn't it? :p

danitiwa
01-09-07, 12:26
It's awesome isn't it? :p
Meh, I still like Angels more. :p It's not bad, but not brilliant either IMO.

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 12:30
I think everyone meant the album, not just the song Dani :p

danitiwa
01-09-07, 12:32
I think everyone meant the album, not just the song Dani :p

Aaah. That explains it. Soeey! :p First I need to buy it. :vlol:

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 12:35
Check out Youtube then for various of their older stuff, easy way to get to know it.