PDA

View Full Version : pulling techniques!

tombinator
01-09-07, 21:16
right, im not really one for going out to clubs, so maybe im partly at fault.
but whenever i do go out, i find it really hard to chat to women! not being big-headed but i am quite good lookin, so i've been told, but when it coomes to women, my confidence gets shot to pieces!
was just lookin for a couple of pointers, either from women who could tell me how they like to be approached, or from guys whos's tries and tested techniques hardly ever fail?!?!
please guys gimme some help!

jamieoliver22
01-09-07, 21:19
Act normally and be friendly.. All I can say really...

Ampersand
01-09-07, 21:22
A large bear trap or barbed harpoon hardly ever fails.

jamieoliver22
01-09-07, 21:23
A large bear trap or barbed harpoon hardly ever fails.

Haha, yeah.. That too. Rope is always handy too.

Soma Holiday
01-09-07, 21:53
Have confidence. Girls (me at least) will most likely wait for a guy to approach. But again, that might just be me. :/

frostfur452
01-09-07, 22:49
^^ Lol I'm the opposite ay. It's me who usually approaches the guy. I think it's cause for starters I must send of a *I'm a ****** signal. So I've had to switch to do the initiating.

Indiana Croft
01-09-07, 23:06
you know what really works for me? Act girly. I mean like, "oh, I love your hair. Cute purse. You really work those stilettos. Oh, girl, that dress is a knock-out on YOU!" Things like that work. Just compliment girls on things only other girls would compliment. It also helps to know "who" they're wearing. I know it sounds insane, but it really works. If you like the design of her purse and you happen to know it's coach, by all means, tell her! Just talk to a girl like you've known her your whole life. Works like a charm for me:mis::D

jamieoliver22
01-09-07, 23:29
you know what really works for me? Act girly. I mean like, "oh, I love your hair. Cute purse. You really work those stilettos. Oh, girl, that dress is a knock-out on YOU!" Things like that work. Just compliment girls on things only other girls would compliment. It also helps to know "who" they're wearing. I know it sounds insane, but it really works. If you like the design of her purse and you happen to know it's coach, by all means, tell her! Just talk to a girl like you've known her your whole life. Works like a charm for me:mis::D

Coming across as gay won't do very well in pulling girls... You can compliment someone without sounding gay you know :p

lita212
02-09-07, 01:18
being yourself is the best thing imo. if i like a guy though i do go and bump into him by accident and then be like omg im soo sorry and then i introduce myself and chat lol i learnt it off sex and the city ahh fab show loves it lol

tr_rocks
02-09-07, 01:21
well i just tell her i would like a dance maby buy her a drink? :D

tombinator
03-09-07, 00:08
cheers guys for the comments so far, i'l take them all on board!
the only thing i need to know now is, where im gonna get the confidence from to go up to a girl! i could talk to a girl all night long, but it's getting the first words in that seems to be the problem!

Admles
03-09-07, 00:10
Everyone has been correct. Be yourself.

Remember that women are people to, and they have the same fears about talking to guys as you do about talking to them.

And whatever you do, don't rely on alcohol to give you the courage you need, in my experience it turns women off.

Remember to be a gentlemen, treat her like a lady.

Eddie Haskell
03-09-07, 00:23
Wear a big gold chain, a black polyester shirt (top 3 buttons opened), black polyester slacks, and slick your hair back. And use this line:
"Hey baby, haven't I seen you somewhere before?" ;)

But seriously, the best methods are the simplest. Just go over and strike up a conversation. A simple "Hi", is a good start. Try and be calm and honest.

I was very nervous when I first met my wife. She is very attractive and I just had to talk to her. I sauntered on over and said "Hi, I was sitting over there for an hour trying to think of something to say to you, but I came up empty".
She smiled, and said "No you didn't", and that's how it got started. :)

ThomasCroft
03-09-07, 00:50
Coming across as gay won't do very well in pulling girls... You can compliment someone without sounding gay you know :p

Complimenting a girl on her style of dress or look doesn't automatically make you gay. That's such a narrow-minded stereotype.

Admles
03-09-07, 01:00
Exactly.

If anything you should be very forthcoming with compliments. As Chris Rock said "women need: food, water and compliments"

Indiana Croft
03-09-07, 05:52

I don't mean act gay. I mean that if you compliment those kinds of things, she won't be as intimidated and you can also move easier into conversations. lol. Just compliment her, is all I'm saying. You don't have to compliment her purse, but just being openly friendly is the best way to pull a girl.:)
As for actually getting the courage to talk to a girl, the entire point is to not give a damn. If you treat her like a friend, hearing her rejections as a friend hurt less than hearing them as a potential love interest. Dating is like buying a car. The love interest is just one car on the lot. If that car doesn't start, find a new car that does and put it in drive!

nicola1986
03-09-07, 08:54
I just be myself and just have a laugh :)

Admles
03-09-07, 09:02
Or maybe just try telling them you're rich

Its amazing how often that works these days

Woop Legend!
03-09-07, 09:12
Complimenting a girl on her style of dress or look doesn't automatically make you gay. That's such a narrow-minded stereotype.

Sad thing is, in this day and age, people would think you were gay

Lara's Backpack
03-09-07, 09:35

Actually yes it does work, the other day I noticed a girl I work with was wearing Dolce & Cabana glasses and I said, wow are those D & C and she was like *MEGA GRIN* Yeah they are! Do you like them? Blah blah blah, flirt flirt flirt, 1 party invite. Then my shift was over. yay me. :cln:

Jacob x5
03-09-07, 09:39
As Chris Rock said "women need: food, water and compliments"

Women need money and protection, and as Martin once said on Green Wing, "I've got a helmet and a credit card". :D

Kerrigan
03-09-07, 09:41
I wouldn't recommend saying any "standard" lines such as "I think we've met before" or something because I know the way me and my friends react to this...And compliments are also tricky to start with...
I think you should just say "Hi" or something and introduce yourself..or something simple like this, but try being natural and friendly and don't try to pose anything.
Or maybe you should try meeting friends of your friends, so that someone can introduce them to you.

Veronica Ma
03-09-07, 09:43
As for actually getting the courage to talk to a girl, the entire point is to not give a damn. I agree there... what the heck, give it a shot, what have you got to lose? :D

Dating is like buying a car.
Or maybe just try telling them you're rich

:vlol: :vlol: :vlol:

Joe_16
03-09-07, 09:55
All my friends have so called 'techniques' and fail 90% of the time. I find just being yourself works wonders. Most of the girls i've 'pulled' have approached me.

Mona Sax
03-09-07, 10:06
But seriously, the best methods are the simplest. Just go over and strike up a conversation. A simple "Hi", is a good start. Try and be calm and honest.
Totally. Be natural, nobody likes it when somebody puts up a front. Believe it or not, but we like being noticed and approached, just like everybody else. :D Compliments are always a good idea, but keep it subtle and above all honest.

If it's any consolation, I don't think it's any different for anybody. Personally I often take the initiative, but my knees are still shaking everytime I try to get to know an attractive person (or get approached by one). It's okay, really, and if the gal you want to chat to has even the slightest bit of brains, she'll understand your nervousness. Personally I'd take a conversation with a nervous, but natural, cute and honest guy over one with a fake ice cube any day.

Joe_16
03-09-07, 10:12
I wouldn't be able to put up a front anyway, personally. I have enough trouble just approaching a girl, never mind trying to devise techniques in the process.

Legends
03-09-07, 10:16
Just try to be confident, girls like confident guys, not someone who hides in the corner. If you can't do it, maybe that isn't the right way to meet them.

Admles
03-09-07, 11:10
All kidding aside, you seriously should just be yourself.

Any woman for whom you have to jump through hoops isn't worth the time.

Andromeda66
03-09-07, 11:49
Just be yourself. You'll attract the girls who like who you are. Not who you're pretending to be. :)

Reggie
03-09-07, 12:39
Just be calm, confident and yourself. :)
I think everyone's said that already though :D

Nannonxyay
03-09-07, 17:07
Just try to be confident, girls like confident guys, not someone who hides in the corner. If you can't do it, maybe that isn't the right way to meet them.

Not true! I love shy guys, they're soo cute! Hehe, but that's probably coz I'm really outgoing and don't like guys to be more outgoing them me. I'm weird I know. I normally approach guys lol.

Weird thing is instead of running towards me, they run the other way :p

tr_mitch
03-09-07, 17:18
I'm always too drunk to remember. :(

tombinator
03-09-07, 21:51
again thanx, confidence seems to be the quality i need to aquire!
and the thing i was worried most about, the 'introduction', seems to be the easiest, according to the majority a simple 'Hi' will suffice as a convo starter!
i'll never try to be someone im not, because i'd prob end up meeting someone that i wouldn't like.
i will only meet someone i like, if i act like myself, and im not sure who sai it, but maybe trying to materialise a relationship out of thin air in a club isnt the place for me to do it, tbh i'd prob prefer the type of girl who i'd meet in a coffee shop, or somewhere like that i think

Admles
03-09-07, 22:12
If you've ever seen Friends, you could try the Joey technique.

You look a woman up and down and say "heeey..... how you doin?"

:D

Tomb Raider Master
03-09-07, 22:34
Just be yourself. It's impossible to fake something for a long time. It may be hard in the beginning, but every beginning is hard, right? Don't break down after a few unsuccessful tries - you'll meet someone just for you one day.

Lonely Istari
04-09-07, 02:02
Have confidence. Girls (me at least) will most likely wait for a guy to approach. But again, that might just be me. :/

It's definitely not just you, Soma. :) I personally want nothing to do with a guy who is going to make me make the first move. I always fall for the guys who are friendly, outgoing, and fun. Confidence is what catches my eyes and I'm know a lot of girls who feel the same.

If you just be yourself and relax, the confidence builds. And that is when I start to become attracted ;)

Mona Sax
04-09-07, 08:38
If you've ever seen Friends, you could try the Joey technique.

You look a woman up and down and say "heeey..... how you doin?"

:D
LOL! Only if she also likes Friends. :D

Zac Medley
04-09-07, 10:42
I used to think that I was pretty hot stuff in the pulling department.....

....then consider that all my relationships were disasters.*

You probably don't want my advice.

* However, I did manage to come out of it with two fantastic children, but that's the grace of God.