PDA

View Full Version : Share Your Anime Ideas

Duchess
01-09-07, 22:07
What are some of your anime ideas? Share them whether you think they would be good ideas, or just ideas that appeal to you. As for me, I think it would be interesting if they made an anime based upon the "Space Channel 5" video game series. If you don't know what it is, here's its Wikipedia page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Channel_5

Here are some trailers for the games.

Space Channel 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdnb_K8HaZQ

Space Channel 5: Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MuIqELi4Q4

If I think of any other ideas I'll post them in this thread.

Catapharact
01-09-07, 22:13
How about this:

A perfectly mild manner (and a perfectly sane) 20 something year old has a secreat double life. He is Anti-Anime Man! Charged with eliminating the very existance of the evil that calls itself anime; Sapping the life out of perfectly normal kids and adults and turning them into Dorks for life.

Unfortunately (or fortunately... depends upon your school of thought) he has to emlimate quite a lot of these otakus along the way as well to keep the balance between coolness and Dorkness.

peffect
01-09-07, 22:30
I think a well made Harry Potter anime would be perfect!

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 22:34
How about this:

A perfectly mild manner (and a perfectly sane) 20 something year old has a secreat double life. He is Anti-Anime Man! Charged with eliminating the very existance of the evil that calls itself anime; Sapping the life out of perfectly normal kids and adults and turning them into Dorks for life.

Unfortunately (or fortunately... depends upon your school of thought) he has to emlimate quite a lot of these otakus along the way as well to keep the balance between coolness and Dorkness.

How about the anti-close-minded-man? I think he'd do an awesome job on you.

Lenochka
01-09-07, 22:36
^^^
xD

I can't really think of any since anime has basically tooken over almost every single possible idea out there xD

Ada the Mental
01-09-07, 22:36
How about this:

I can't say that Anime is my cup of tea, but, honestly, why does it bother you?

xMiSsCrOfTx
01-09-07, 22:40
Anime is just a form of entertainment, just like any other kind of TV show or movie. Personally I think it's a little annoying and I really can't see the appeal of it, but there are tons of people who love it. So what?

The Great Chi
01-09-07, 22:40
' Space channel 5 ' does your head in due to the addictiveness of the rythm & music, maybe if this becomes a film, we will all be dancing to it :D

My favorite Anime is Laputa - the flying island, just due to the graphics and storyline. Followed by the origional film of ' Ghost in the shell ', due to the deep emotion put into the film.

A combination of the effects these two films had on me, would be great in a new Anime Si-Fi film :tmb:

Catapharact
01-09-07, 22:42
How about the anti-close-minded-man? I think he'd do an awesome job on you.

Nope. Being the ultimate arch villian that I am I don't think that anime is gonna have a happy ending (well... depends upon the POV anyway ;).)

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 22:51
Well it just bothers me when someone puts such a wide thing with so much variety all in the crap bag... but what can you do, not everyone has the same mindset I guess. But we already had this conversation so no point I guess :p

And god damn that ego of yours... you'll need a whole planet for it soon :p

xcrushterx
01-09-07, 22:56
I don't really mind anime. The only anime I watched was Digimon and Pokemon and that was years ago. However, I'll still watch them if theirs nothing else on and it is :D

Soma Holiday
01-09-07, 22:57
I like anime, but I hate it when people classify it as one thing. There are many aspects to anime, and they are no different than movies. Anime isn't a thing, its a style. There are thosands of movies and shows done in the anime-style, that have incredible stories to them that no doubt alot of people who don't watch anime because they don't like the style, could actually enjoy from a creative perspective.

Im not obsessed with the style, but there are several animes that I really do enjoy.

Catapharact
01-09-07, 22:58
Well it just bothers me when someone puts such a wide thing with so much variety all in the crap bag... but what can you do, not everyone has the same mindset I guess. But we already had this conversation so no point I guess :p

And god damn that ego of yours... you'll need a whole planet for it soon :p

Yes we did and well, opinion will be opinions non? Until the anime world proves to me that it can make a half decent themed anime for my taste then my opinion will change (obviously ;).) So far I can only count one: Area 52.

And you know you wouldn't want me any other way. Can you imagine me as Lenochka up there, sitting at home having imaginary tea parties and watching "My little pony" videos? The very thought of that makes me feel so... ugh!

Reggie
01-09-07, 22:58
Y'know, Cat it actually appears to be a trend for people to bash anime/manga these days as being associated with "weaboo-ish" bahaviour or whatever. So you're not really coming across as the arch villain you think you are, just re-treading old ground I've seen repeated time and time again.

Now, to contribute to the topic at hand.
I actually find it quite difficult to contribute any ideas due to the fact that anime spans a great deal of issues and there's a huge variety that appeals to different different people. I would like seeing Final Fantasy VIII brought to life as an anime film. It would be great to relive the Dollet mission, the ballroom dance and the epic final fight with Ultimecia amongst other highlights.

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 23:00
I really have nothing to point out about Lenochka so can't really comment on that :p

Like I've said before, anime isn't just googly eyed little squeaking school girls but then again I guess you'd have to be into it to really be willing to look deep for actually good stuff. But then again you do like Van Helsing :ton: taste isn't debatable here XD yes I am always going to crucify you with that :p

So far I can only count one: Area 52.

And that should be enough for you to not put it all into one bag :p

Catapharact
01-09-07, 23:02
Y'know, Cat it actually appears to be a trend for people to bash anime/manga these days as being associated with "weaboo-ish" bahaviour or whatever. So you're not really coming across as the arch villain you think you are, just re-treading old ground I've seen repeated time and time again.

All in the school of thought boyo. I have my views on the subject (even if its on the polar opposite side of pop-culture overkill.) I just like it when people blow my comments out of proportion; Only gives me an opportunity to nail that point down harder.

Catapharact
01-09-07, 23:06
I really have nothing to point out about Lenochka so can't really comment on that :p

Like I've said before, anime isn't just googly eyed little squeaking school girls but then again I guess you'd have to be into it to really be willing to look deep for actually good stuff. But then again you do like Van Helsing :ton: taste isn't debatable here XD yes I am always going to crucify you with that :p

I am well aware of the manga type animes as well Dolls and well either all of them get wayyyy too superficious (I am not even gonna begin with the anime called X.) or just way too... cutesy. There never seems to be a half-decent balance (unless you add in a more politically charged atmosphere; i.e. Area 52.)

And that should be enough for you to not put it all into one bag :p

No, it only proves to me that out of the entire degraded genetic pool of anime writers, one decided to actually write something half decent :p. He is an anamoly Lol!

Lenochka
01-09-07, 23:11
Y'know, Cat it actually appears to be a trend for people to bash anime/manga these days as being associated with "weaboo-ish" bahaviour or whatever.

Yeah, It's not really right to judge a whole group of people just because a few Anime fans are Kiki Koogaboshi's

Paperdoll
01-09-07, 23:12
I am well aware of the manga type animes as well Dolls and well either all of them get wayyyy too superficious (I am not even gonna begin with the anime called X.) or just way too... cutesy. There never seems to be a half-decent balance (unless you add in a more politically charged atmosphere; i.e. Area 52.)

Manga type animes? Didn't get that one O_o
Anyway it's like everything, you have good and bad, you just need to know how to look. And truth be told, the more popular animes sure get on my nerves. Hence why I prefer stuff like Basilisk, which honestly I don't know if you'd ever like since I can't really evaluate your taste (I don't like recommending stuff at random :p), well probably not.

No, it only proves to me that out of the entire degraded genetic pool of anime writers, one decided to actually write something half decent :p. He is an anamoly Lol!

For this overall discussion we'd have to consider the culture etc so it really isn't doable I think since I don't think any of us are educated enough to discuss that properly (wild guess here). Consider it as Hollywood, there's the teen movies, the action, fantasy, horror, thrillers, there's a bit of everything. However since what's more popular are the (IMO)awful ones, that's what people think anime is all about when it's just cartoons really, many times not even kid oriented like people think cartoons are.

Reggie
01-09-07, 23:30
I've posted a new thread here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=106663) about the subject of what you think of anime/manga. Should be interesting. :)

Camera Obscura
02-09-07, 00:18
I don't have any Anime ideas, but I got to say that I love Anime with sad endings, especially if the main character dies. :jmp:

tr_rocks
02-09-07, 01:28
tr!!!!!!!!!!! :D and another 1 they should make would be sumthing bout elves and and swords and middle ages!!!!!! :D