PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been forced to eat something that you don't like?

peeves
03-09-07, 14:05
Have any of you members ever been forced to eat something that you don't even like? I have been forced to eat cole slaw june 1997 and i've also been forced to eat peanut butter sandwich last year in school for lunch and if i didn't eat it i would go to ALR a recovery room for students.

Joe_16
03-09-07, 14:07
Vegetables as a child! Although I like them now.

Legend of Lara
Yes. :)

There was this time in school where we made this fruit dish and we had to taste all the fruit. Apples, bananas and oranges, I had no problem. But one of the fruits was my most hated one. Pineapples!!! :eek: I had to chomp down one piece but it made me fell sick and I... kinda... barfed in the trashcan... :o

tomblover
Recovery room for not eating peanut butter?! :eek:

No, not really.

I get really disgusted by peas, though.

peeves
03-09-07, 14:09
Recovery room for not eating peanut butter?! :eek:

No, not really.

Well i'm in high school and i had to eat something because my sugar would go low and all they had was peanut butter sandwich or hot lunch and i wouldnt like either one and snack from the nurse was not allowed. All i would eat for lunch was chicken nuggets or pizza.

deepbluesea
03-09-07, 14:10
My husbands cooking (never again ) he's banned from the kitchen.

he tried to cook lamb in an orange liquier but he left it for 3 days, tasted discusting, not to mention the raw fish (unintentional) and black sausages.

Thorir
03-09-07, 14:11
Fish, when I was little. Disgusting. :(

Haven´t eaten fish in 15 years now, though.

Bonez
03-09-07, 14:14
Sprouts at christmas. :( I have to always eat 3. Yuck. :p

RAID
Mushrooms and fish when I was a kid...yuck. Disgusting.

tweetygwee
There are a few things I don't like, celery, marmite (that yeast stuff), I don't like peanut butter too. If I am a guest somewhere I just shut up and eat, I don't absolutely hate any food.

BTW, I love pineapple. Even on pizza, which I believe is a widely hated thing! :p

george_croft
03-09-07, 14:16
Yeah, I got forced to eat a swedish dish called "Blodpudding" In school when I was about 8 years old. A direct translation to English makes that "Blood-pudding"
Its pig-blood mixed with flour, its later get fried and yuckyfied.

Peas rock :mad:

Dakaruch
03-09-07, 14:17
yes...

when i was little they made me eat peas and such... disgusting!

and george that blood pudding is awfull XD

tweetygwee
03-09-07, 14:20
Yeah, I got forced to eat a swedish dish called "Blodpudding" In school when I was about 8 years old. A direct translation to English makes that "Blood-pudding"

We have black pudding in England (actually I think lots of countries have it), which is a bit better because it's less dry. I haven't had that Swedish stuff, I just saw a picture of it which was enough to put me off.

Assassino
03-09-07, 14:21
Honey glazed hotdog:(
[Well I wasn't forced...it was a dare lol but I felt obliged to do it since everyone was watching:p]

xMyrax
03-09-07, 14:21
I used to like fish as a kid but I hate it now, I've stopped eating seafood for about 6 years cause I just hate it x_X My mom got me into trying salmon once, telling me it tasted like chicken but when I tried it...Well...Lets just say I hate seafood even more now >_< The smell of raw fish too, kills D:

Lavinder
03-09-07, 14:26
I was forced to eat something, but I loved it anyway :cln:

Sedge
03-09-07, 14:28

That is indeed horrible. :eek:

Nah, I don't know if I've ever been forced to eat something.. Like really forced. Of course there were these adults at day-nursery and school when I was younger who tried to get everyone to eat a bit of everything, but no one ever succeeded in making me eat potatoes and stuff.. Of course they couldn't feed as with force, so nope. :D

.... :pi:

Geck-o-Lizard
03-09-07, 14:38
Yeah... I've never been forced to eat anything. Parents used to try to force me when I was much younger by leaving my plate out and refusing to let me eat anything else until I'd finished what I already had, but I was happier to go hungry than to eat the cold remains. The only time I'd eat food I was apprehensive about was when I was a guest in another house and didn't want to offend whoever was cooking.

These days I cook my own dinner most nights after parents and sister have had theirs, lol. Made a delicious veggie & chicken stir fry for lunch today that I'd never have even have dreamed of wanting to eat when I was a kid. :p

Dakaruch
03-09-07, 14:41

OMG:yik:
that's disgusting :pi:
:p

jamieoliver22
03-09-07, 14:45

Yeah, that sounds like Black Pudding in England. That is made out of pigs blood and such. It doesn't taste that bad actually, I have tried it and had it a few times.

Oh really? Sounds tasty.

Lavinder
03-09-07, 14:46
Oh really? Sounds tasty.

Chip baps! :vlol:Just kidding :pi:

Joe_16
03-09-07, 14:49

Black pudding is lovely!

Angel_14
03-09-07, 14:52
Chicken breast filled with spinach. I thought I'm going to vomit http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/wuerg/vomit-smiley-012.gif

petujaymz
03-09-07, 15:04
I'll eat pretty much anything... so in a word... no.

:wve:

tomblover
03-09-07, 15:07

Blodpudding is so yucky! :eek:

And no, they don't! :p

star girl
03-09-07, 15:10
Not really :D

CUCUMBERS! :eek:

jamieoliver22
03-09-07, 15:12
Not really :D

CUCUMBERS! :eek:

Cucumber is nice.. Especially with cheese on sandwiches :D

Laura loves a good cucumber... :p

Naz2000
03-09-07, 15:20
I always used to get forced to eat brussel sprouts....ANYTHING but the sprouts!!! I like loads of veg that I hated when I was little...but not those green boogers!

jamieoliver22
03-09-07, 15:22
I always used to get forced to eat brussel sprouts....ANYTHING but the sprouts!!! I like loads of veg that I hated when I was little...but not those green boogers!

Yeah, I hate brussel sprouts to be honest, they taste like ass.. :p

Postalisback
03-09-07, 15:23
Salad Cream, never liked it, never will, or mayonnaise for that matter...

danitiwa
03-09-07, 15:25
All the way through Preschool I had to eat this:

http://static.flickr.com/29/57074898_41f9c75357_o.jpg
*barfs by looking at the picture*

Blood Pudding, it still haunts me today. :o

And mother still makes us eat a variety of icky foods. But not nearly as haunting as Bloodpudding

FYYYYYYYYYY äckligt! I know how it is bro! :( *hugs Georgie*
Us Swedes don't have it easy!

Lavinder
03-09-07, 15:32
-haunts Dani- http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/843/878098.JPG

But yeah, I've been forced to eat it before too, I don't really like it to be honest but I do like the skin :p

BLACK PUDDING.

tomblover
03-09-07, 15:32
Laura loves a good cucumber... :p That sounds, wrong... :pi:

jamieoliver22
03-09-07, 15:51
That sounds, wrong... :pi:

Oh really? :p

tomblover
03-09-07, 16:10
Oh really? :p Ya, rly.

:vlol:

OK, me and my dirty mind will leave this thread now. :p

Legends
03-09-07, 16:14
No, that's why I'm never invited to family dinners.

jjbennett
03-09-07, 16:15
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?

Haha had to put that, and not really, i used to not like things, all food is wonderful now though. :)

ThomasCroft
03-09-07, 16:21
Yes, many times.

Nasty fish, really cheesy stuff, flan, - eughghghghghg - black/white pudding, other disgusting vegetables and things ... yucky ...

I think I'm gonna throw up.

Postalisback
03-09-07, 17:48
Actually yeah, black pudding would be another one for me, I've had it before, lets just say it wasnt nice, I swallowed it though :(

MiCkiZ88
03-09-07, 17:51
Tomatoes & porridge (I love rise porridge though). I hate those both with a passion. Yet my parents love to tease me and put tomatoes in salads and such when they know that I'd eat it. =/

xMiSsCrOfTx
03-09-07, 17:53
Not really... Although there was this one time my cousin told me if I ate this huge mushroom (in a restaurant... :p) that came with the steak he ordered, he'd give me his copy of Last Revelation. I did it! :D It was SICK though. I guess that wasn't really forcing me, but I really wanted that game...

Betal
03-09-07, 17:54
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]All the way through Preschool I had to eat this:
http://static.flickr.com/29/57074898_41f9c75357_o.jpg

To be honest I think that taste gingerbread:p

Ontopic:

I like almost everything. But I hate kebab.xD

And in school I got forced to eat snails. The garlic butter was great but the snail.... xD

danitiwa
03-09-07, 17:55
Tomatoes & porridge (I love rise porridge though). I hate those both with a passion. Yet my parents love to tease me and put tomatoes in salads and such when they know that I'd eat it. =/

:p I like Cherry Tomatoes, It kind of gets me on the nerves when the gooey parts of big tomatoes get everywhere. :p (Picky eh?)

I hate KEBAB

OMG!!! I LOVE KEBAB! :yik: Especially the wrapped Kebab... Oooh my mouth is watering. :cln:

deepbluesea
03-09-07, 17:57
My own words, quite often, I hate being proved wrong

tomblover
03-09-07, 17:58
OMG, Betal! Kebab rawks! :eek:

Yum, kebab with garlic and tomato sauce, pommes and salad. :D

danitiwa
03-09-07, 17:59
OMG, Betal! Kebab rawks! :eek:

Yum, kebab with garlic and tomato sauce, pommes and salad. :D

God, stop it tl! :cln: :D

MiCkiZ88
03-09-07, 18:00
:p I like Cherry Tomatoes, It kind of gets me on the nerves when the gooey parts of big tomatoes get everywhere. :p (Picky eh?)

Not picky at all.. that would make me look bad (:pi:)

:p

I haven't even tried to taste chrerry tomatoes. Simply the name tomato makes me shudder and remember the bad taste in my mouth. Yuck! That's why I hardly ever go to burger restaurants. No matter how I ask them to not add tomato. They add.. sometimes even twice the amount -_-

Oh.. and Kebab is teh awesomness :tmb:

Laurencarter
03-09-07, 18:03
I hate fish and most of the people that I know is crazy about fish so If I go to dinner it is fish.

Beanz
03-09-07, 18:15
Lastnight, salmon, my mum decided to have a baby about it and called me a ******* when i threw it across the room (Unintentionally)

Postalisback
03-09-07, 18:21
Haha, I always thought Kebab seemed horrible, until I tried it, yeah I agree Kebab is great.

The only thing is though, that you have to find the right place to get a Kebab :o

And Cherry Tomatoes rock with pepper and herbs :D

MiCkiZ88
03-09-07, 18:24
The only thing is though, that you have to find the right place to get a Kebab :o

Definately have to agree. Some places just don't have fresh Kebab. It's either dry or then.. well, you know.

Lonely Istari
03-09-07, 18:28
I had to eat fish and chips when I was in London. I do not like seafood, but I was absolutely famished. We hardly ate at all on that trip! So, It was either eat the fish, or starve to death. I ate it. And I didn't seem to mind it at first because I was so hungry. But once I started feeling full... I could taste the fish again and I got grossed out and couldn't finish it. I'm glad I did it though. I need to learn to eat more things. I'm too picky of an eater. It was sort of a cultural experience anyway. You can't go to London and not eat fish and chips, am I right? :p

I ate a lot of things on that trip, that I would never have chosen to eat without the fact that we were starving and had no other choice. ;)

Cord_Croft
03-09-07, 18:50
Fish :pi:

I'd rather go hungry -_-

Chug a Bug
03-09-07, 19:44
Tomatos, when I was a kid. And salad in general - cucumbers, lettuce, etc. My mother virtually force fed it to me. I absolutely hated it. I can still remember it clear as anything, nasty cold clammy thing!

These days if someone serves it to me I'll eat it although I don't enjoy it. Salads are not my thing. Lettuce I don't mind however.

It's funny I'll eat just about anything else though.

NemesisxAngelus
03-09-07, 22:06
I don't like most vegetables, that's all I can think of right now.

Little-Lara
03-09-07, 22:11
Fruits.

I can't stand fruits they're so annoying to eat. Some are tooo sweet, Some are tooo sour. I drink juices though, just fruits annoy the heck out of me.

Lonely Istari
04-09-07, 01:47
Fish :pi:

I'd rather go hungry -_-

I used to say the same thing. But try going a week with about 1 small meal per day (half of which you don't personally like, so you eat as little of it as you can) and you might sing a different tune. :p

Angel666
04-09-07, 02:13
Beef Stroginoff. I almost puked in my grandmothers kitchen. Just the smell of it makes me gag. Same thing with saurkraut. A girl brought it for lunch at school one day and the smell made me run to the girls restroom for fear of being sick.

Lonely Istari
04-09-07, 02:17
Yeulch. I know what you mean Angel! I can't stand the smell of saurkraut! And at work we have to make coleslaw- UGH. It smells so gross!! I gag everytime! :eek:

Angel666
04-09-07, 02:22
It's like the worst stuff in the world. Ugh. That and boiled peanuts.

nicola1986
04-09-07, 11:49
Black and white pudding in Ireland, it was so scary lol

And peas, they're in my Pot Noodles, I hate them, they taste funny.

Nannonxyay
04-09-07, 12:16
Yes, crappy pineapple with angle dessert. It was soo gross. And some indian sweets that tasted like a gone off curry. And also some crab strips which made me puke. :mad:

Man I was soo angry at the person who told me the crab strips were cheesestrings. I think I punched them in the face lol.

I hate mayonaisse with a passion! It's soo gross, my mother eats it in spoonfuls sometimes just to pee me off. And beetroot, oh my god there's loads of beetroot in my fridge and it smells worse than my cat's food. I hate beetroot! I like salad cream, that's weird seeing asthough I don't like mayonaise.

I don't like salad without dressing, it tastes weird. And I also hate peanut butter. And most nuts.
Woah, I'm soo picky!

hera7days
04-09-07, 13:07
When I was a kid, I had to eat a bunch of things I hated, like steak, broccoli, and cauliflower. I still won't eat steak, but that's another subject.

tombraider123
04-09-07, 13:16
When I was little, I had a cheesestring round a friends house. Because their Mum was in the room, I didn't want to waste it so I sat there and ate it. Disgusting.

SoulReaver74
04-09-07, 13:33
The worst thing i've ever had the pleasure of eating was boiled chicken and celery, "oh my god" these two combined taste like :cen:, i cannot stress the utter revulsion i have for this concoction, made me feel sick for a week. And if i remember, it was my dad's brother that made me eat this :cen:, an unforgivable crime which has scared me, a slight over exaggeration, but the thought, even now turns my stomach.

Lonely Istari
04-09-07, 17:06
Black and white pudding in Ireland, it was so scary lol

I heard you guys have something over there in the UK called 'black pudding' that is actually fried blood :eek: ? Is that true?