PDA

View Full Version : Celebs that like Tomb Raider.

White-Wolf
01-01-08, 21:25
Daniel Craig
Was the only member of the Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) cast to be a huge fan of the Tomb Raider video games. His favorite in the series was Tomb Raider II (1997) (VG), released in 1997.

Sorry I only know one, I'll go looking to see if any other celebs like it :)

Does anyone know any other celebrities that like Tomb Raider?

Melonie Tomb Raider
01-01-08, 21:27
U2 :p

Tomb Raider 5194
01-01-08, 21:27
Angelina Jolie..? She did say it was a smart (?) game... :whi: :p but that doesn't really make her a fan. XD

sarpal0
02-01-08, 06:45
apparently that guy who played joey in friends likes tomb raider

James_Rutland
02-01-08, 06:58
apparently that guy who played joey in friends likes tomb raider

Cool! I love friends. :D I heard Tom Cruise plays the game, wouldn't know if hes a fan or not.

coolezpunk
02-01-08, 07:49
The Spice Girls said something about Lara having "Girl power!" but this doesn't mean they're a fan. Or does it?

Indiana Croft
02-01-08, 07:50
Everything with a double x chromosome has girl power to the Spice Girls, so they hardly count lol..zigazigah! :vlol:

MikeAC
02-01-08, 08:19
I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure I read Uma Thurman was a fan a while back.

RAID
02-01-08, 08:33
I don't know if Karima can be considered a celebrity, but she said she's a huge fan since Tomb Raider 1 (Game).

Survival
02-01-08, 08:48
Well the main question is... Do you believe them? If you watch making of second TR2 where Angelina talks about TR you can tell she´ never played the game by herself :p.

Every actor who ever had a role in a VG adaptation will tell you he played and loved the game, but that doesn´t mean it´s the truth ;-).

RAID
02-01-08, 08:52
Well the main question is... Do you believe them? If you watch making of second TR2 where Angelina talks about TR you can tell she´ never played the game by herself :p.

Every actor who ever had a role in a VG adaptation will tell you he played and loved the game, but that doesn´t mean it´s the truth ;-).
I always wondered myself to be honest. For instance, I don't believe that Angelina ever played the games. Just something about the way she talked about them in the interviews. It was kinda dull, as if someone told her to say what she said.

sarpal0
02-01-08, 08:58
The Spice Girls said something about Lara having "Girl power!" but this doesn't mean they're a fan. Or does it?

Yeah i saw sporty spice mention lara on a documentary.

sarpal0
02-01-08, 08:59

Angelina admitted that she dosent play the games often and she gets embarrassed when people ask her for help on them

ben croft
02-01-08, 09:12
U2 :p
Do they?? :confused: Oh, Daniel Craig, that hot man... I'd like to teach him how to play some TR games... you know, hold tight the 'joystick' :whi: :mis:

:D

VonCroy360
02-01-08, 09:18
Daniel Craig actually said once that TR movie was the biggest mistake of his career, so I guess he's not that big of a fan, at least not of the movies.

I know that Billy Bob Thornton and The Prodigy's Liam Howlett are fans.

:)

Survival
02-01-08, 09:27
Daniel Craig actually said once that TR movie was the biggest mistake of his career, so I guess he's not that big of a fan, at least not of the movies.

:)

Well that´s understandable both TR movies sucked big time :)

MikeAC
02-01-08, 09:30

Angelina never claimed to have been a fan. She was only aware of the series because her ex husband and kids used to play the games all the time, and if I recall she originally hated Lara because Billy Bob was spending more time with Lara then herself. She started to appreciate the character more when the guys behind the movie explained the character to her.

But I agree with what you're saying. You just need to look at Resident Evil.

He could mean it from an acting perspective. Neither film was exactly a critical hit. Even not, there are plenty of die hard fans who hated the movies, not to mention AOD and Crystal Dynamics' games.

Elysia
02-01-08, 09:33
I have to admit, I don't blame him... the TR films are embarrassingly bad, after all. I have to admit that, as a TR fan, I don't really think of them as part of TR's legacy at all, thus retaining my sanity...

Vertigo
02-01-08, 12:15
Johnny Lee Miller was a fan

Anajrob
02-01-08, 12:15
I have to admit, I don't blame him... the TR films are embarrassingly bad, after all. I have to admit that, as a TR fan, I don't really think of them as part of TR's legacy at all, thus retaining my sanity...

Totally agreed. :o

myrmaad
02-01-08, 12:44
Angelina never claimed to have been a fan. She was only aware of the series because her ex husband and kids used to play the games all the time, and if I recall she originally hated Lara because Billy Bob was spending more time with Lara then herself. She started to appreciate the character more when the guys behind the movie explained the character to her.

But I agree with what you're saying. You just need to look at Resident Evil.

He could mean it from an acting perspective. Neither film was exactly a critical hit. Even not, there are plenty of die hard fans who hated the movies, not to mention AOD and Crystal Dynamics' games.

Not Billy Bob, She Said HER BROTHER would play and not pay attention to her. I saw that interview several times. Definitely got the feeling she didn't actually play.

petujaymz
02-01-08, 12:48
I've heard that Carol Smillie's a Tomb Raider fan.

:wve:

Reggie
02-01-08, 12:50

Lara Croft/Tomb Raider made a cameo is 'Spiceworld' too. I think its safe to say they're fans of TR, or at least used to be.

I'm guessing the makers of Bad Girls were also TR fans because they made the character Shaz Whiley a fan of her. :)

kryptonite23
02-01-08, 13:44
I don't know much about celebrities :) :(

Lara's home
02-01-08, 13:48
I thought Angelina Jolie said she liked Lara Croft, but she never had time to play the games themselves. Or it was too hard or something?

findme
02-01-08, 14:25
Like celebs have time to play video games...:pi:

myrmaad
02-01-08, 14:30

I would think they have more time to play them then we do, especially movie actors, who work for 3 or 4 months and then get several months off between pictures. More money normally translates into more leisure time.

Only a child wouldn't get that, since children seem to have more leisure time than anyone, even when they are "busy kids".

petujaymz
02-01-08, 15:51

What do you mean?

I have!

Angelus
02-01-08, 20:15
What do you mean?

I have!

Every time I read one of your posts I laugh out loud! :D

lararoxs
02-01-08, 22:23
Do they?? :confused: Oh, Daniel Craig, that hot man... I'd like to teach him how to play some TR games... you know, hold tight the 'joystick' :whi: :mis:

:D

Dirty Language!:smk::cln::p