PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Able To Read This? i sure cant

sheepydee
06-07-09, 18:52
I got CT : The First Fear

but its japanese and i cant seem to start the game nd i was wondering if ANYONE was able to read these

i know you press circle if im selecting something but then it comes up with this

http://i39.************/ifydya.jpg

i press circle to carry on with what it says and it says this

http://i44.************/2l9sm8.jpg

and it doesnt seem to let me start the game it says the same under "Quick Start" too...

anyone able to read it?? xD!!

toxicraider
06-07-09, 18:55
I can read it, but I don't know what it means xD

Ah ermm, something about a memory card I think. :o

sheepydee
06-07-09, 18:56
I can read it, but I don't know what it means xD
well you know what i mean lol

toxicraider
06-07-09, 18:57
well you know what i mean lol

Well I can make out that the first word is memory card, so maybe you can't play without one? :o

sheepydee
06-07-09, 18:59
Well I can make out that the first word is memory card, so maybe you can't play without one? :o
thats odd.... coz on my PS3 i have a ps1 memory card assigned to that slot

toxicraider
06-07-09, 19:12
Well, the first pic says
Memory card is not [stuck in]
You cannot save ingame

And the second is basically
Game could not be started
Sorry it makes no sense :o

Maybe you should look up the game to see if it's compatible.

Trigger_happy
06-07-09, 19:14
From what I do understand, with the help of google, it seems some code is wrong. Going with what others have said, maybe try re-assigning the virtual memory cards to port one.

sheepydee
06-07-09, 19:18
From what I do understand, with the help of google, it seems some code is wrong. Going with what others have said, maybe try re-assigning the virtual memory cards to port one.
i did that and it didnt work :(

Trigger_happy
06-07-09, 19:22
Which PS3 do you have? The 40Gb model?

sheepydee
06-07-09, 19:25
Which PS3 do you have? The 40Gb model?
nope 60GB one

toxicraider
06-07-09, 19:29
Wouldn't the game be region locked anyway :confused:

Trigger_happy
06-07-09, 19:32
Mmmm, that might be the problem. It also seems that not every PSone game is totally compatible with the PS3.

sheepydee
06-07-09, 19:36
:( aww damnation :(

ohwell i can keep the game as Memorabillia anyway

thx tho

Trigger_happy
06-07-09, 19:38
What region is it? Somewhere on the case, it should say PAL or NTSC or something. Near to the age rating if I remember right- that will tell you if you have got a PAl version, which is the only one that will run with your PS3.

sheepydee
06-07-09, 19:45
What region is it? Somewhere on the case, it should say PAL or NTSC or something. Near to the age rating if I remember right- that will tell you if you have got a PAl version, which is the only one that will run with your PS3.
it seems to be NTSC... hard to find since everything in japanese and i was looking everywhere for it :p

Changeling
06-07-09, 19:48
it seems to be NTSC... hard to find since everything in japanese and i was looking everywhere for it :p

You could try SwapMagic, it's a disc and a card you can buy which allows you to play games from another region. It's how I was able to play Kingdom Hearts 2 when I was too impatient and wanted it the minute it came out in the States. :p

Trigger_happy
06-07-09, 19:52
Swapmagic only works on the PS2- it doesn't work on the PS3.

Changeling
06-07-09, 19:55
Swapmagic only works on the PS2- it doesn't work on the PS3.

Oh yes, I just realised. Because you have to use the card to take out the disc tray... oh well, sorry. :(

sheepydee
06-07-09, 19:55
You could try SwapMagic, it's a disc and a card you can buy which allows you to play games from another region. It's how I was able to play Kingdom Hearts 2 when I was too impatient and wanted it the minute it came out in the States. :p
i dont have the sort of money for that :p

Changeling
06-07-09, 19:57
i dont have the sort of money for that :p

It's not very expensive, it was relatively cheap when I bought it and it's nothing complicated, just a simple disc and a manual card you use to open the disc tray. :p But, as stated above, unless you have a PS2 you won't be able to use it.

sheepydee
06-07-09, 19:58
It's not very expensive, it was relatively cheap when I bought it and it's nothing complicated, just a simple disc and a manual card you use to open the disc tray. :p But, as stated above, unless you have a PS2 you won't be able to use it.
i have a PS2 :D... what sort of price range is it? and do i need anything else for it or just the thing

Changeling
06-07-09, 20:01
Nope, you just need the disc and the card. You can get it for around 17-18, and I'd say it's worth it if you really want to play a game. :D

sheepydee
06-07-09, 20:02
Nope, you just the disc and the card. You can get it for around 17-18, and I'd say it's worth it. :D
is it one of these online things or can you actually buy it somewhere? :)

Changeling
06-07-09, 20:09
I don't know if you can buy it in shops, but you can definitely buy it online. :) You can try eBay (but make sure that it's the PAL (UK) version and comes with two discs (one for games and the other for DVD's) and a card for PS2 versions 1-11). Or you can Google it. :D

sheepydee
06-07-09, 20:12
I don't know if you can buy it in shops, but you can definitely buy it online. :) You can try eBay (but make sure that it's the PAL (UK) version and comes with two discs (one for games and the other for DVD's) and a card for PS2 versions 1-11). Or you can Google it. :D
:) thank you.. i'll look into this :D

Tombraiderx08
06-07-09, 20:16
Haryuu no hanakata? lol idk, not good with japo knees :( sorry