PDA

View Full Version : Piano geniuses? Lets play some virtual piano and help convert some songs!

M.A.
16-07-09, 13:07
Okay, in my work place this thing is like a hidden viral gold or something. Anyway, follow the link below and you'll find a flash game containing a virtual piano consisting of 26 keys. You can either click on the keys on the piano or use your keyboard keys to play the piano. Here's the link:

http://www.walkernews.net/2009/04/26/play-this-little-piano-flash-game/

To the piano geniuses or music geniuses in general, here's where you come handy. At my workplace somebody put the flash game inside an excel file and added a list of songs converted into keyboard strokes so the tone deaf people like me can play. Problem is, they are mostly chinese songs and songs from my own language (Malay). So let's build a community that can build up a songbook for English songs!

Don't get me wrong, songs from other languages can also be added. Maybe you can add a youtube video to the original song so that other people can listen how the song is meant to be played. This can also be applied for English songs.

Here I provide two songs to get you started:

Do Re Mi (The Sound of Music)

A BC ACAC
B CDDCBD
C DECECE
D EFFEDF
E ABCDEF
F BCDEFG
G CDEFGH
HGFDGEH

Classic Wedding Song

HKKK HLJK HKNNMLKJKL
HKKK HLJK HKMOMKILMK
NMLII JKLL NMLII JKLL
HKKK HLJK HKMOMKILMK

Okay! Enjoy and lets get started!

P/s: I'll be eternally grateful to whomever that can convert Mariah Carey's My All... :D

kristi
17-07-09, 15:30
Can anyone post the notes and the corresponding keys on the keyboard?I'm having some difficulties with it...

viper456
17-07-09, 16:13
LMAO my Mum just popped her head round the door and went "Is that the wedding march?" I went "yup I'm practising" She just went "ooook" and walked away.

Bumio
17-07-09, 16:55
it's a bit confusing if you play with a keyboard...

anyway i love these virtual pianos, i sometimes play with this one http://www.bgfl.org/bgfl/custom/resources_ftp/client_ftp/ks2/music/piano/index.htm
it's easy to use a keyboard for it
and i know how to play a bit of 'Triage at Dawn' from Half life 2 on that piano :p

F1 D1 F1 E1 C1
D1 A G F A G A

:p

toxicraider
17-07-09, 17:04
It's hard, as there are no sharps or flats :(
Here's the start of Greensleeves :D
FHIJKJIGE
FGHFFEFGEC
FHIJKJIGE
FGHGFECEFF

O,ONM L,JH,
IJKIIHIJHF
O,ONM L,JH,
IJK,JIH,FGHH
The ends of both are a little different.

Yankee Doodle/ Barney :p
HHIJHJIEHHIJHG
EHHIJKJIHGEFGHH

FGFEFGH
EFEDCE
FGFEFGHE
FHGIHH

kristi
17-07-09, 17:21
Can anyone please post the first seconds of "The Voice Within" from Christina Aguilera?

toxicraider
17-07-09, 17:28
^^
It would need transposing, so the notes wouldn't be the same. :(

I know these aren't english but... :p
Lol
To Zanarkand (chorus)
MJMNONMLMLJ
MJMNONOPOPQ
MJMNONMLMLJ
HIJJJJILH,HGEF...

Suteki da ne