PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for those damn forks

Killercowz
24-07-12, 20:23
Dropped one today, went to go pick one up and strained my lower back. I have trouble moving to go to the bathroom and such. Currently I've been using a combination of icy hot and heating pad. It's doing wonders.

Share your experiences with forks. Aren't they evil?
I always liked spoons better.

tomekkobialka
24-07-12, 20:43
I trap mice in my kitchen by placing a fork in front of the little hole they come out from, with the prongs facing the hole, so when the mice come out...SMACK!!! The handle hits them right in the face. A bit like the time when I stepped on the end of pitchfork when I was young to see what would happen (and I wouldn't recommend it :o).

Sgt BOMBULOUS
24-07-12, 20:46
Dropped one today, went to go pick one up and strained my lower back. I have trouble moving to go to the bathroom and such. Currently I've been using a combination of icy hot and heating pad. It's doing wonders.

Share your experiences with forks. Aren't they evil?
I always liked spoons better.

I think you need a regular stretching regimen.

larafan25
24-07-12, 20:47
Aren't you supposed to bend your legs when you pick stuff up?

Draco
24-07-12, 20:49
Strained your back picking up a fork? That seems unlikely.

Killercowz
24-07-12, 20:56
I think you need a regular stretching regimen.
I think so too. My sister says I need to be more active, all I do everyday is sit on my couch and go online. I'm trying to break my habits and get fit.
Strained your back picking up a fork? That seems unlikely.
Unlikely, but it happened.
Aren't you supposed to bend your legs when you pick stuff up?

Yes you are, and I didn't.

tomekkobialka
24-07-12, 21:32
> Instruction Manual (http://www.ehs.okstate.edu/kopykit/backsafety.pdf) <

almayah
24-07-12, 21:34
Have you guys heard, forks are planning to take over the world.
I always had a bad feeling about them :mad:

Stevo505
24-07-12, 22:43
When I read the thread title, I thought you were going to say you'd been stabbed by a fork or something. :p

Shark_Blade
24-07-12, 23:09
Me and forks are best buddies. We never had any problem, ever.

Dennis's Mom
24-07-12, 23:32
So you're saying you forked up your back? :D

Shark_Blade
24-07-12, 23:47

Oh you. That's just..bad.:p

knightgames
24-07-12, 23:55
I injured my back picking up a twenty dollar bill. Okay, more accurately I tried to swipe the bill out of the air quickly and did it so fast and out of alignment that my back went.

I should add I had to dead lift my ex-girlfriend the day before when she passed out from drinking and I didn't want her head to slam into the dresser as she fell. FORK DRINKING!

The twenty just aggrivated that to the point of immobility.

Other than that, forks are you friend.

jajay119
25-07-12, 00:30
I love a nice fork to be honest.

innocentvenus
25-07-12, 00:58
If I could find my physics I notebook, we actually calculated the amount of force it takes to actually pick things up (like a penny) off the floor incorrectly and correctly.

The I could post a picture.

lord gaga
25-07-12, 01:09
Everytime I tell my fork to pick up some form of liquid it falls out of it. I swear that all kitchen supplies are after me tho.

Sir Croft
25-07-12, 01:11
/thread

:vlol:

Killercowz
25-07-12, 01:23
When I read the thread title, I thought you were going to say you'd been stabbed by a fork or something. :p
My god, wouldn't that have been interesting. I think if anyone intended to stab me though it be through the utilization of a knife.
Unless of course I stabbed myself with a fork. :p
I trap mice in my kitchen by placing a fork in front of the little hole they come out from, with the prongs facing the hole, so when the mice come out...SMACK!!! The handle hits them right in the face.
Thank you for teaching me a new way to kill mice! That sounds devilishly diabolical so I'd like to try it ASAP.
Me and forks are best buddies. We never had any problem, ever.
Spoons for the win.
Don't quit your day job. :p
I will admit that was very clever.
I injured my back picking up a twenty dollar bill. Okay, more accurately I tried to swipe the bill out of the air quickly and did it so fast and out of alignment that my back went.

I should add I had to dead lift my ex-girlfriend the day before when she passed out from drinking and I didn't want her head to slam into the dresser as she fell. FORK DRINKING!

Proper form is crucial. I was really hungry and I just wanted to eat so when I dropped my fork I wanted to replace it as fast as possible and I ended screwing up my back. The worst part is that I wasn't even hungry anymore.
I love a nice fork to be honest.
Sporks if anything are somewhat acceptable, forks are in cahoots with the devil. You watch your back.
If I could find my physics I notebook, we actually calculated the amount of force it takes to actually pick things up (like a penny) off the floor incorrectly and correctly.
The I could post a picture.

Wow that's interesting! I'm going to take a guess that using less force and bending your legs is the proper way to pick up an object?

knightgames
25-07-12, 03:26
I probably didn't explain the dead lift of my "ex" properly. She passed out so quickly that my actions were more to prevent her from smashing her head than a true dead lift from off the floor. I was totally off balance and the sudden weight of her body and the strange position I was in caused the injury. I really didn't feel bad that day, but the next day, when I went to pick up that dollar VERY QUICKLY, I stretched the pull (or what ever it was) to the point where I couldn't move. I was literaly on the floor for a week.

Sounds like you quickly grabbing the fork is similar to me trying to grab the dollar out of the air before it hit the ground. THAT was poor form because I remeber bending at the waist in an almost 90 degree angle to reach the dollar bill.

Boobandie
25-07-12, 08:32
The damn things always poke my fingers when taking them out of the dishwasher. Forks are just plain evil.

Wait, why do we call them forks. Wouldn't that imply it has two tines? Like three tines is a trident. Wouldn't four be a quad-??? or something? :pi: