PDA

View Full Version : Round 3 of Animal Cruelty

Celli
21-11-03, 22:14
I hate to say this, but it's looking like animal cruelty is becoming an "annual tradition" at my high school. Two years ago it was a goat that it was part of a Senior Prank. Last year it was a teacher freezing an opossum in the freezer. This year, it's reached an all time low.

Someone brought in deer body parts just for the heck of it...On the other side of the hall from my locker is this glass display case that isn't used, and my friend Em's locker is right next to it. She uses it to set her books down on...so today she was really freaked out to find a deer leg there. And right before 3rd hour began, someone found the deer head in one of the bathrooms..... Why are people so retarded??

Isabella
21-11-03, 22:20
That is disgusting and immature. People who think stunts such as this are amusing should be watched closely, if they can be cruel to animals then who knows what is next.

[ 21. November 2003, 23:21: Message edited by: Isabella ]

stephaniedp
21-11-03, 23:22
Isabella, MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! Every time I hear of animal cruelty I always invariably think that whoever can be cruel to an animal (read: live, innocent prey) can be anything to a fellow human! Jeez! And on this happy note friends, I bid you farewell, I am going to sleep. Watch your back (and your pets' backs also!)...'til next time,
yours

Steph~

tazmine
21-11-03, 23:27
Your TEACHER put a living animal in a freezer???

Were they prosecuted, & if not, why not? I think anyone in a position like a teacher who does something like this should be fired immediately: what an example to set! Weren't people in the community outraged?
Sounds to me like you need a new principal or supervisor...someone who won't be afraid to punish those responsible for such acts.

I almost didn't open your post because I hate hearing about things like this. :( :mad:

Celli
21-11-03, 23:48
He was trying to get his Ph.D. and he needed to kill an animal for his class at U of M so he could get the skull. Somehow he captured and get it in a cage. He didn't have a gun on him, so he put it in the freezer at the high school. Monday morning came around, and a student opened the freezer in Mr. Hinds's room (not the teacher who did this, a different teacher) and lo and behold the inside was covered in blood from the opposum trying to get out. They said its teeth and claws had been ripped out from trying to dig so much.

tazmine
21-11-03, 23:50
This just gets worse & worse. Is he still st your school? What kind of an idiot is he?

Isabella
21-11-03, 23:55
Originally posted by Celli:
He was trying to get his Ph.D. and he needed to kill an animal for his class at U of M so he could get the skull. Somehow he captured and get it in a cage. He didn't have a gun on him, so he put it in the freezer at the high school. Monday morning came around, and a student opened the freezer in Mr. Hinds's room (not the teacher who did this, a different teacher) and lo and behold the inside was covered in blood from the opposum trying to get out. They said its teeth and claws had been ripped out from trying to dig so much.What a fine example for the students :mad:

Celli
21-11-03, 23:55
This will be his 5th year teaching there now. He's also the girl's volleyball coach...

I despise him....I had an 89.8% in his class Freshmen year, right before semester exams, we wouldn't make it an A- in the report card. I got an A on the exam, and somehow I still had a B+....

Argaraula
22-11-03, 02:00
Why are people so retarded??You've got a point there Celli. But, just a pet peeve of mine, retarded might not be the best word choice... i know it can offend a lot of people :(

i have a friend who works with mentally challenged students and she slaps anyone who refers to something stupid as being retarded...but she's always been a weird one http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

chocco
22-11-03, 09:27
How this animal has been treated is a disgrace and So cruel. How can people be allowed to get away with this? That poor creature! This is so sad. :mad:

Celli....Hope your friend is alright!

Celli
22-11-03, 15:46
Originally posted by Argaraula:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Celli:
Why are people so retarded??You've got a point there Celli. But, just a pet peeve of mine, retarded might not be the best word choice... i know it can offend a lot of people :(

i have a friend who works with mentally challenged students and she slaps anyone who refers to something stupid as being retarded...but she's always been a weird one http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif </font>[/QUOTE]I don't use retarded to refer to the mentally ill. It's not PC at all. Just the morons who do stuff like this when there's no point. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Miss60
22-11-03, 15:53
That's completely disgusting!!!!!! How can anyone be that cruel?????? Ewwww........that is just to gross to be true http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/yuck.gif What on earth are those idiots thinking about???? :mad:

AndrewII
22-11-03, 19:14
Animal cruelty is wrong,but why continue to worry? Its only going to get worst and worst and you can't just wish the problem away(even though I wish it could be so);so why really bother to look at the problem.

To put it straight, some battles aren't even worth continuing fighting,as in the case of animal cruelty.

Isabella
22-11-03, 19:26
Originally posted by AndrewII:
Animal cruelty is wrong,but why continue to worry? Its only going to get worst and worst and you can't just wish the problem away(even though I wish it could be so);so why really bother to look at the problem.

To put it straight, some battles aren't even worth continuing fighting,as in the case of animal cruelty.Hi Andrew

I see where you may be coming from on this issue but I disagree. Animal cruelity is not something that should be swept under the rug and forgotten about merely because it seems like an uphill battle for those who care. On the contrary, Those individuals who abuse/neglect animals and are caught need to be made into examples by recieving some sort of punishment. It must be made known that there are consequences if you mistreat animals. All too many people are getting away with doing it because they feel nobody will do anything. This problem should be corrected instead of viewing it with an out of sight, out of mind mentality.

Geck-o-Lizard
22-11-03, 19:26
@ Andrew: That attitude is precisely why animal cruelty is still widespread. :mad:

[ 22. November 2003, 20:28: Message edited by: Geck-o-Lizard ]

John Falstaff
22-11-03, 19:33
Hi Celli et.al.,

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

Are you sure your at a high school? Not some bizarre Frat. House at 'Hicksville U'? In the UK research on animals is closely controled. I suspect it's the same in the US, by and large. Would this idiot like his teachers to know what he's doing? Results of experiments are only valid if the provenence of the animal(s) is known.

Does your 'teacher' think he's a Wolverine?

Was there not a recent case in Chicago about hazing etc:?

:mad:

Draco
22-11-03, 21:13
Originally posted by AndrewII:

To put it straight, some battles aren't even worth continuing fighting,as in the case of animal cruelty.Rape is wrong,but why continue to worry? Its only going to get worst and worst and you can't just wish the problem away(even though I wish it could be so);so why really bother to look at the problem.

To put it straight, some battles aren't even worth continuing fighting,as in the case of rape

The thing is, ppl begin to only care about what affects them...

Id wager if you experienced any of it first hand you would not say that...

John Falstaff
22-11-03, 21:26
I agree with the sleeping dragon,

The only way things can change is if people who care are willing to stand up and be counted. If one accepts all that is, is given, then we would really get what we deserve. Because things are, does not necessarily mean they have to be!

Despair is the last resort of the desperate!

Celli
22-11-03, 22:34
I would say how about joining PETA, but I've heard it's gone corrupt. Let's start our own non-profit organization then! :D

Miss60
22-11-03, 22:40
I was a member of RSPCA when I lived in England....I donated 10 every month and got loads of beautiful animal pics and stories home in the mail http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif I decided to become a member after having read this really sad story in one of their brochures. It was about a few weeks old kitten who was thrown in a wall and later died at the RSPCA office from the damage....it was the most adorable photo of that little kitten sleeping on the front of the brochure. I'm not joking, I had tears in my eyes when I read it :( How can anyone be that evil???? :mad:

Isabella
22-11-03, 22:40
I would say how about joining PETA, but I've heard it's gone corrupt. Let's start our own non-profit organization then! :D PETA is a fine organization. So is WSPA

AndrewII
22-11-03, 23:53
Originally posted by Draco:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewII:

To put it straight, some battles aren't even worth continuing fighting,as in the case of animal cruelty.Rape is wrong,but why continue to worry? Its only going to get worst and worst and you can't just wish the problem away(even though I wish it could be so);so why really bother to look at the problem.

To put it straight, some battles aren't even worth continuing fighting,as in the case of rape

The thing is, ppl begin to only care about what affects them...

Id wager if you experienced any of it first hand you would not say that...</font>[/QUOTE]I've had a sister that was raped by a family former friend and yes its upsetting,so no need to go there.

Anyhow,should people be aware of the problem?,yes they should be aware. Would locking someone up or imposing harsh laws make an exsample of the person? Don't seem to be working.

Truth of the matter is, the world isn't going to become a rosey place overnight and thats reality. As long as there's going to be technicalities that let people continues these horrible things, the only thing we can ever do is just sit by as things get worst. I wish the world was a rosey place tomarrow,but its not going to be be so.

Isabella
23-11-03, 00:03
[/QUOTE]

Truth of the matter is, the world isn't going to become a rosey place overnight and thats reality. As long as there's going to be technicalities that let people continues these horrible things, the only thing we can ever do is just sit by as things get worst. I wish the world was a rosey place tomarrow,but its not going to be be so.[/QB][/QUOTE]

That is true. But being passive is never the answer. It's not a matter of being too idealistic, it's the act of trying to make a difference that counts. One step forward, no matter how small is still a step.

[ 23. November 2003, 01:03: Message edited by: Isabella ]

Celli
23-11-03, 00:05
Your attitude is really making me mad. Yes it's not going to happen overnight as you said, but doesn't mean you just give up! It means you work harder for a cause so that it will eventually get better. If you sit by and do nothing, it will never get better.
You said you had a sister who was raped. How would you feel if the police officer told you, Oh sorry. There's nothing we can do for her. Things aren't going to get better, so we're going to do nothing and the man who raped your sister can continue to rape others. How would you feel?

tazmine
23-11-03, 00:20
I agree with Bella & Celli here. It's often the small steps that individuals take that prevent the wrongs from happening again.
I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact quote, but if John is here he will help me...all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

John Falstaff
23-11-03, 01:19
I don't know the exact quote - no matter. The point is that to say 's...e happens', while true enough, is not enough. What makes the BS inevitable, more than anything else, is the fact people are willing to accept it.

That could be why people have, in the past, organised themselves, fought for their rights and even occasionally won. I know it's not fashionable to believe in collective action nowadays, to see things simply as a series of individual 'contractual' relationships. But solidarity, and loyalty, remain virtues that can have good results!

:mad:

Celli
23-11-03, 01:26
Originally posted by John Falstaff:
I don't know the exact quote - no matter. The point is that to say 's...e happens', while true enough, is not enough. What makes the BS inevitable, more than anything else, is the fact people are willing to accept it.

That could be why people have, in the past, organised themselves, fought for their rights and even occasionally won. I know it's not fashionable to believe in collective action nowadays, to see things simply as a series of individual 'contractual' relationships. But solidarity, and loyalty, remain virtues that can have good results!

:mad: That's how the Americans won independence. ;) :D

John Falstaff
23-11-03, 01:41
Wow Celli,

Ideology, I'll bet you even believe it!

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Celli
23-11-03, 01:57
I am in AP Gov't after all, and AP History gives the background of the political issues. ;)

John Falstaff
23-11-03, 02:00
Ethnocentric? You assume One knows 'AP'!

Isabella
23-11-03, 02:05
Originally posted by John Falstaff:
Ethnocentric? You assume One knows 'AP'!hehe

Celli
23-11-03, 02:06
Advanced Placement

You take classes in high school to prepare for an exam at the end of the year. The results of the exam will determine whether you can receive college credit for that class. Basically, I'm taking 3 college courses while still in High School.

John Falstaff
23-11-03, 02:36
Well done.

(And I'm not, for once, being ironic.) But if you look at the origin of the thread, ......

I wonder how one can take such a 'school' so seriously. I know one needs to progress within the system, but that does not mean one has to believe.

Solidarity, between a bunch of white, middle aged males, slave owners and land stealers! MMmm! Our history is one of exploitation, and resistance, and not defensible, other than our fight against oppression!

Some of us don't turn villans into heroes!

Even when we've been dragged through the academic garden - we still don't believe, or torture animals! ;)

Jade-1968
23-11-03, 05:51
I agree!!! My family and I have been trying to do our part...........although small.......for the last several years. We've taken in abused and abandoned cats & dogs. We also rehabilitate wildlife so that they can take care of themselves once released . We have gotten some terrible cases....especially cats.....where the animal was terribly mistreated, beaten, starved & so on. We just want to string these monsters up and do the same thing to them. It's infuriating, especially to see the lasting psychological effects on the animal. In most cases we end up keeping the animal because they won't bond with just anybody and most people wouldn't want them anyway. They aren't placeable. They've gotten use to us, but's that's about it. So we provide them a safe & warm place to live out their lives. It's really very sad. But they do know that you are trying to help them. We have a large addition built onto our garage so they have a nice indoor area and then they have a very large fenced in area attached outside. It's a very nice settup for them. We live up in the country and people just get the idea that if they have a pet, but then don't want it anymore, they can just bring it up to the country, drop it off and it will fend for its self. That's how we end up with so many up this way. Fortuntely we have a few other family's who do the same thing we do so that makes it easier. We really try to STRESS on people to get their pets spayed or neutered!!!!!!! This will really help, since a lot of the abandoned animals are litters of unwanted puppies or kittens. Sometimes people just throw newborns into dumpsters. We've had to handraise several litters. If everyone does their part, either by hands-on helping or by not participating in any form of abuse and turning those in who do, we can make a difference. Changes for the better have already happened. A few years ago there were no laws protecting animals rights. Now there are. Animals are like children, in fact, they are even in a worse position. They can't reason as to why something is happening to them and they can't be trained as to what they should do if someone tries to hurt them. They have no control over whatever situation they are put in. So YES..........together we all can make a difference!!!!!!!!
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jade1/AnimalLover.GIF

Celli
24-11-03, 00:44
It's infuriating, especially to see the lasting psychological effects on the animal. I know what you mean. My aunt and uncle rescued this kitten from a shelter where the previous own had been angry that the mother had kittens. So he took this kitten threw it against a wall and broke its legs. This was a few years ago that they got this cat, but to this day it is still terrified of people other than my aunt and uncle. :( It's such a beautiful cat too.

It's really great that your family does that Jade. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

andromeda_eats
24-11-03, 00:52
He was trying to get his Ph.D. and he needed to kill an animal for his class at U of M so he could get the skull. Somehow he captured and get it in a cage. He didn't have a gun on him, so he put it in the freezer at the high school. Monday morning came around, and a student opened the freezer in Mr. Hinds's room (not the teacher who did this, a different teacher) and lo and behold the inside was covered in blood from the opposum trying to get out. They said its teeth and claws had been ripped out from trying to dig so much.That is so sad. I cant read this thread anymore, its too sad. What ignorant fools; I hate people like this imbecile.

Celli
24-11-03, 00:54
I've heard worse stories than these. Some of them are just unbelievable that people have done this. One even convinced me to become vegetarian, although my parents hated the thought so until I go off college I'm eating meat for now.

Isabella
24-11-03, 00:59
Originally posted by Jade:
I agree!!! My family and I have been trying to do our part...........although small.......for the last several years. We've taken in abused and abandoned cats & dogs. We also rehabilitate wildlife so that they can take care of themselves once released . We have gotten some terrible cases....especially cats.....where the animal was terribly mistreated, beaten, starved & so on. We just want to string these monsters up and do the same thing to them. It's infuriating, especially to see the lasting psychological effects on the animal. In most cases we end up keeping the animal because they won't bond with just anybody and most people wouldn't want them anyway. They aren't placeable. They've gotten use to us, but's that's about it. So we provide them a safe & warm place to live out their lives. It's really very sad. But they do know that you are trying to help them. We have a large addition built onto our garage so they have a nice indoor area and then they have a very large fenced in area attached outside. It's a very nice settup for them. We live up in the country and people just get the idea that if they have a pet, but then don't want it anymore, they can just bring it up to the country, drop it off and it will fend for its self. That's how we end up with so many up this way. Fortuntely we have a few other family's who do the same thing we do so that makes it easier. We really try to STRESS on people to get their pets spayed or neutered!!!!!!! This will really help, since a lot of the abandoned animals are litters of unwanted puppies or kittens. Sometimes people just throw newborns into dumpsters. We've had to handraise several litters. If everyone does their part, either by hands-on helping or by not participating in any form of abuse and turning those in who do, we can make a difference. Changes for the better have already happened. A few years ago there were no laws protecting animals rights. Now there are. Animals are like children, in fact, they are even in a worse position. They can't reason as to why something is happening to them and they can't be trained as to what they should do if someone tries to hurt them. They have no control over whatever situation they are put in. So YES..........together we all can make a difference!!!!!!!!
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jade1/AnimalLover.GIFHi Jade. Great work! The world needs more people like you. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif

andromeda_eats
24-11-03, 01:04
I've heard worse stories than these. Some of them are just unbelievable that people have done this. One even convinced me to become vegetarian, although my parents hated the thought so until I go off college I'm eating meat for now.http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif Hi Celli
I became a vegetarian for about 18 months and then I was a vegan for another 6 months after I did an assignment on vivisection. (using animals for testing human products.) But I got really sick from lack of protien and the doctor said I was in risk of anemia so my parents put a stop to it. :(

Draco
24-11-03, 07:23
I have no problem eating meat...

Draco
24-11-03, 07:28
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cx/uc/20031124/ft/ft031124.jpg

Celli
26-11-03, 05:03
Originally posted by andromeda_eats:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Celli:
I've heard worse stories than these. Some of them are just unbelievable that people have done this. One even convinced me to become vegetarian, although my parents hated the thought so until I go off college I'm eating meat for now.http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/wave.gif Hi Celli
I became a vegetarian for about 18 months and then I was a vegan for another 6 months after I did an assignment on vivisection. (using animals for testing human products.) But I got really sick from lack of protien and the doctor said I was in risk of anemia so my parents put a stop to it. :( </font>[/QUOTE]I've been taking vitamins for a few years, so I don't think that would be a problem for me. If I remember peanut butter and bananas have a lot of protein in them. As well as your legumes. ;)