PDA

View Full Version : What if AOD were continued as a comic?

michaeldt
30-04-16, 15:15
What the title says,

What would you guys think of this idea? A lot of franchises have been getting the comic book continuation lately, why not do it for Angel of Darkness? :)

Would be a great 20th anni gift, too :D

Jorje Croft
30-04-16, 15:19
I'm not into comics because they are never as good as they must be,but... book and CGI animated movie would be great.

lizardspock110
30-04-16, 17:03
Wouldn't mind a comic

but an animated series with fmv aod Lara would be GORGEOUS!
:jmp::jmp::D:D

I was just thinking the other day, what if they remade or made the fmv lara into a movie series, especially aod lara, she looks THE BEST :)
maybe they could remake aod trilogy in a series
maybe they can make it officially available to everyone

Lets hope people read this and get inspiration, maybe even if crystal dynamics sees! :admles:

Zreen001
30-04-16, 17:06
Interesting, but AoD always had a hint of interactivity to it, edging towards "different choices, different paths" that was never fully implemented but explored frequently in the Paris section. A comic would feel more like a story on rails like other Tomb Raider games, which takes out the personalized feel of AoD.

If anything, make it an interactive comic "game" like Mass Effect Genesis comics.

annacroft
01-05-16, 13:04
I'd love any continuation of AOD, taking into consideration the original story. I love comics, but I also love movies, so either way I'd be happy! I really hope they do something for the 20th anniversary, but I have a feeling it will be a lot to do with ROTTR coming to PS4 this Christmas. I still hold out hope that AOD will be finished/continued one day...

Shark_Blade
01-05-16, 13:09
Oh gosh just make a game already. Not by CD of course, let someone else who is capable to do it.

Zreen001
01-05-16, 15:51
I'd love any continuation of AOD, taking into consideration the original story. I love comics, but I also love movies, so either way I'd be happy! I really hope they do something for the 20th anniversary, but I have a feeling it will be a lot to do with ROTTR coming to PS4 this Christmas. I still hold out hope that AOD will be finished/continued one day...

Well so far the 20th has comprised of:
Lara Croft: The Undisputed Queen of Gaming (PAX 2016) Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214617)
20th Anniversary Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214298)
20th Anniversary Book Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214610)
and
Nathan McCree's Tomb Raider Suite Project Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214587)

and in context to your asking about AoD, it is confirmed that they will talk about AoD quite a bit, though it hasn't been said whether they'll make a game on that.

peeves
01-05-16, 16:05
Well comics are not my cup of tea but it would be a good idea nonetheless.

Retro Raider
01-05-16, 23:27
I'd buy it :)
However, I would rather a novel ( part of a full trilogy, that is ) or cgi series...
And of course, in the ideal world... two more games would be the absolute best :)

ivaneiroX
02-05-16, 02:17
at this point i'll take anything just to know more :p

ultrajordan
02-05-16, 11:57
at this point i'll take anything just to know more :p
Me too!!!

annacroft
02-05-16, 20:31
Well so far the 20th has comprised of:
Lara Croft: The Undisputed Queen of Gaming (PAX 2016) Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214617)
20th Anniversary Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214298)
20th Anniversary Book Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214610)
and
Nathan McCree's Tomb Raider Suite Project Discussion (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=214587)

and in context to your asking about AoD, it is confirmed that they will talk about AoD quite a bit, though it hasn't been said whether they'll make a game on that.

Thanks for the wonderful information! And I'm really really happy they will at least talk about it, because to me it's like they've ignored it because of them having the franchise & trying to make it their own product. :jmp:

peeves
02-05-16, 21:00
A better idea would be to continue the trilogy rather than have it for comics

CheshireBitch
02-05-16, 21:19
A better idea would be to continue the trilogy rather than have it for comics

We're talking about realistic options.

I think that it would be great to have a comic about AOD. But we already have a comic about AOD so I don't think it could happen "again".
A CGI movie could be great but it would be a lot of money... I don't think they would take any risk with something that has AOD name on it. :(

lizardspock110
03-05-16, 14:02
We're talking about realistic options.

I think that it would be great to have a comic about AOD. But we already have a comic about AOD so I don't think it could happen "again".
A CGI movie could be great but it would be a lot of money... I don't think they would take any risk with something that has AOD name on it. :(

Who said it had to be called Angel Of Darkness?
Why not a new and fresh name for a fresher version/ image of the series?
Besides the trilogy wasn't going to be called angel of darkness, they had other names like lost dominion
I like angel of darkness lara especially those jumps, runs and dives she does in the fmvs it was just so cool and breathtaking to me :D
lets hope we get something...

Shirley_Manson
03-05-16, 15:28
I like comics, but I don't think video games translate well into them or any other media (at least to me).
At the end the game turns out into something different, barely recognizable.
I'd like a short animated movie the most. No longer than 25 minutes, that resolves what happened at the end of AOD already and that is fateful to AOD's style, looks and atmosphere.

lizardspock110
05-05-16, 15:22
Alright!
We have a lot of people wanting an animated movie with fmv AOD lara
But now who is going to make it?
How can we get more people to know about this kind of Idea?

red_lion
06-05-16, 08:56
I want a comic

CheshireBitch
06-05-16, 14:53
Who said it had to be called Angel Of Darkness?
Why not a new and fresh name for a fresher version/ image of the series?
Besides the trilogy wasn't going to be called angel of darkness, they had other names like lost dominion
I like angel of darkness lara especially those jumps, runs and dives she does in the fmvs it was just so cool and breathtaking to me :D
lets hope we get something...

Yes you're right but it would be obvious that the story come from AOD and media will talk about the fact it's some kind of "remake" from AOD... :confused:

lizardspock110
06-05-16, 18:43
Yes but a lot of people (most) appreciated the story (if they even got that far :vlol: ) more than anything
Its a movie, not a game, they have nothing bad to say about that
listen to me, talking like there is already an upcoming aod movie :vlol:

Putai
07-05-16, 09:38
Sadly no one is interested in paying the debt with this awesome title. I would ask for the trilogy completed as a game, as it was meant to be, but we all know that's not gonna happen.

Neither a comic, nor a CGI movie would make justice to such quality storyline. I think a book is the best option to consider. Murti Schofield is a great writer and he had a lot of awesome ideas that could be implemented as a trilogy of novels. But he's working already in his own novels, The Shadow Histories, if I recall correctly, and AOD storyline is taken from here.

There are already lots of TRAOD fanfic stories which are wonderful to read and I strongly recommend. Those who consider themselves TRAOD fans should read them. If many of them are already wonderful pieces, an official trilogy of novels made by Murti would be glorious, I'm pretty sure.

Dreaming is for free, I know.

Enya Brennan
13-05-16, 20:18
I like comics, but I don't think video games translate well into them or any other media (at least to me).
At the end the game turns out into something different, barely recognizable.
I'd like a short animated movie the most. No longer than 25 minutes, that resolves what happened at the end of AOD already and that is fateful to AOD's style, looks and atmosphere.
Just as you mentioned, video games are meant to be played, especially if they're story-driven. And AOD certainly was up to a point. Having to transfer AOD's story arc to a comic would limit its comprehension hugely and endlessly. If I had to choose, I'd rather receive some written up continuation of it or, as you proposed, something visual that keeps the tone and the aesthetics of the game.

Dreaming is for free, I know.
Thankfully :p