PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite character in the entire series?

dinne
29-10-16, 12:18
I mean, not only the classic series, and excluding Lara Croft.

And when you've choosen... Why that character?
And there is a character that it's not only indifferent for you, but that you hate literally?

Eddie Haskell
29-10-16, 12:34
I liked The Skateboard Kid, mainly because he was so off-the-wall. I recall laughing my ass off when I first encountered him. I often wondered where they got the idea to put someone like him into the game. Someone at Core had a vivid and kooky imagination. My brother called him Vanilla Ice.

NoahCrofRaider
29-10-16, 14:22
Hmm... Probably Kurtis Trent. He's one of the best Tomb Raider characters since he had a new and interesting personality and backstory. It's a shame we couldn't have seen his character been more developed in the rest of the AOD trilogy.

And if not him, Winston. He's a close second. :)

Lara Croft!
29-10-16, 14:43
Kurtis Trent. A matching secondary character and a fit man for Lara. AOD Lara that is, Kurtis wouldn't bother with the new girl.

NoahCrofRaider
29-10-16, 14:46
Kurtis Trent. A matching secondary character and a fit man for Lara. AOD Lara that is, Kurtis wouldn't bother with the new girl. And thank goodness for that. :innocent:

Daring Do
29-10-16, 14:48
I would probably say Jonah. He's a super cool guy. A close second would be Sam.

Sir Launcelot
29-10-16, 17:30
I always liked Pierre in TRA, even though he's a bad guy. What a great counterpoint to classic Lara. Could imagine him and Lara having duels across the whole series over artifacts. Too bad that isn't going to happen.

As far as who I hate... Kurtis, no question. IMO he got off too easily when the boaz-spider killed him.

Xopax
29-10-16, 17:50
NATLA!!! :cln:
She's just fabulous, elegant and smart. Can't complain about her, she was awesome in all the games she was involved.

trfan16
29-10-16, 18:11
Von Croy is my favorite character overall. I like the fact that they gave some backstory behind his relationship with Lara. I also like how his character arc extended to more than one game, but they didn't beat his character to death. The petty squabbling between him and Lara in Cambodia is also pretty amusing. :p

My favorite villain is TRI Natla. I think their relationship had the potential to turn to a Chris Redfield-Wesker kind of rivalry. They really should've brought her back to another game. I didn't really like the way they handled her character in LAU unfortunately.

BluenoseGames
29-10-16, 18:57
Jonah all the way.

_Doppie_
29-10-16, 19:01
Konstanstin. <3

peeves
29-10-16, 19:02
I'd have to say Werner Von Croy because he was a cool villain in TR4 and he was also cool in AOD. And he was somewhat cool in TR5. But my 2nd favorite would hefta be kurtis.

scion05
29-10-16, 19:03
Sam.

trin_303
29-10-16, 19:20
Kurtis & Janice <3 (and for some odd reason von Croy)

marla_biggs
29-10-16, 20:12
Zip and Alister.

lizardspock110
29-10-16, 20:16
Von Croy and Reyes

Honourable mention to Comic book Saaaam
-She stabbed a shark in the eye
-She attacked a guy with a freakin cupcake
-Imagine what she can do with peanut brittle :P

WWETombRaider
30-10-16, 08:39
Larson in TR1 and TRC. He wasn't a serious character and he made me chuckle a few times.

Trenton
30-10-16, 08:43
Pierre (from TR1, not the horrible TRA Version) - This iconic character just refused to die no matter if you dual uzi'd him to pieces - he'd just run off and turn up again later. :D

ThatSassyKid
30-10-16, 08:48
I will admit, I was a part of GROZAA, but I do like Zip quite a bit. I was more in it to get rid of ****ing Alister, the ****ing pest :vlol:
Zip has a funny personality, and he picks on Alister a lot which I like :D

Revenge
30-10-16, 10:31
It would be Sophia Leigh, or Amanda I guess.
I really like Nishimura, Reyes and Sam as well.

TR-Freak
30-10-16, 10:41
Janice.
She's such a prostitute.

JsotoTRSaga
30-10-16, 23:01
Jonah obviously.

Heidi_w_
31-10-16, 08:55
Sam.

She refused to leave without Lara when the others were advocating taking the boat & making a run for it -- plus she's got the best chance of reconnecting Lara to her fun side :)

thabani33
31-10-16, 11:42
The Doppelhoe - coz she's the only character capable of whooping Lara's butt in hand to hand combat.

Zreen001
31-10-16, 14:35
Tied between Original Pierre and Father Dunstan.

Father Dunstan's so witty for a priest, I just love his sense of humor.

And Pierre's obviously got the hots for Larson, "milkshake" omg. Also, he's one of the only ones to actually get ahead of Lara, activating traps before she comes through, messing with keys, pulling levers, and ambushing her just to push her into the Tomb of Tihocan. He's more manipulative than LAU Natla.

Shirley_Manson
31-10-16, 14:50
I love the ever enduring, patient butler Winston and the fearless priest Dunstan.
I wish there was a spin off with them, where they are younger and they go and explore Irish legends on cold, rainy nights.
Dunstan would be the witty, ultra heroic type whereas Winston would be the pragmatic, reasonable one.

Also I love the Doppelganger and Sophia Leigh.

Ashnod
31-10-16, 15:01
Amanda. I would play solo games with Amanda as the protagonist.

Natla is a close second.

LAU-Era Lara is third.

Tommy123
31-10-16, 15:20
Amanda :p

Blackmoor
31-10-16, 18:01
Von Croy.

Entirely plausible and the perfect nemesis for Lara in some ways. I love him for his dismissal of "Ah, ancient hocus pocus", and his ego, "No, no, I am the reknown archeologist-adventurer, Werner Von Croy, and you will do as I say!"

I'd go so far as to say I wouldn't mind him popping up in the Reboot universe, if done right.

I also like Natla - TR1 and TRA version (TRU's version, not so much) - but I don't want her to come back.

I also don't mind....

Kurtis, Alistair, Roth.

Krumpet
01-11-16, 02:58
Von Croy and Natla are my favourites. I'm probably in the minority but I actually prefer her TRU portrayal over her TRA one. She had much more personality and I liked that they brought back some of her sassiness from TR1. The TRA version was too much of an ice queen.

Worst character is easily the Doppleganger followed by Zip and Alister.

tiann
01-11-16, 03:01
Dopplehoe. She did everyone a favour by killing off whiny Allister and MarySue-Natla.

Zreen001
01-11-16, 04:00
I love the ever enduring, patient butler Winston and the fearless priest Dunstan.
I wish there was a spin off with them, where they are younger and they go and explore Irish legends on cold, rainy nights.
Dunstan would be the witty, ultra heroic type whereas Winston would be the pragmatic, reasonable one.

I'd read the **** out of a comic series of those two's adventures!

HecticBartoli
01-11-16, 06:31
My favourite characters in the series would be The Skateboarder, when I played through the skatepark bit, I was like : I'm creating this level on THPS3 when he breaks his leg 😛. That was a bit hard at first.

I'll say more about my other ones soon.

Quebsenuef
01-11-16, 16:09
Other than Lara herself I'd say I enjoyed Kurtis, Jean Yves, and Von Croy.

I did enjoy those three gentlemen from TRC retelling Lara's stories.

Tyrannosaurus
01-11-16, 18:39
In a series with no shortage of memorable villains and side characters, three in particular stand out to me.

Pierre, in TR1, because he was a rival tomb raider who had to be at least as competent as Lara, especially given how he managed to beat her to the scion. It's hard for me not to imagine a TR custom level in which you play as Pierre on your way to the scion, running into Lara along the way. Ward Dragon and I began work on one such set, but it remains incomplete. I suspect that playing this level set would prove my theory that empathy for video game protagonists is sort of a given if we have to deal with their problems, too.

Father Bram Patrick Dunstan is a bit underrated, but someone here already brought up that a spin-off featuring him might be interesting. I pointed out earlier that he is essentially the opposite of Von Croy, in that while he is also an older mentor figure of sorts, he respects young Lara's intelligence an ingenuity. It's hard not to like him for his intelligence, wisdom, optimism, and gentle personality. One game, I'm sad to say, wasn't enough.

Kurtis Trent, because he is a great foil to Lara, has an intriguing past and (unrealized) ability set, and he is by far the most convincing love interest Lara has ever had. A pity we didn't get to see what became of him after AOD. A prequel spin-off would have been great, too.