PDA

View Full Version : Except Canada

G_T_P_
18-12-16, 19:54
Lara visited all contries around the globe except Canada

Any reasons why ?

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h369/JoGTP/Tomb-Raider-world-map_zpsor81e2dp.jpg (http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/JoGTP/media/Tomb-Raider-world-map_zpsor81e2dp.jpg.html)

robm_2007
18-12-16, 20:12
She's visited every continent (I think? Not sure how Oceania is counted, but she's never been to Australia/NZ - "South Pacific" is a pretty vague term), but not every country (there are 196 countries in the world, and Canada is part of North America) Why she's never been the Canada, I don't know. But she's also never been to Australia (as I said), South Africa, etc. which I think have more reason to visit than...Canada.

Sir Launcelot
18-12-16, 20:13
She's scared of moose? :ponder:

There's a bunch of places she actually hasn't gone - main island of Greenland, Australia, plenty of places in Africa left to visit (Zimbabwe for one, and there's great potential for a legendary lost African city on the Dark Continent as well), etc. etc.

Mad Tony
18-12-16, 20:22
Take a closer look at the map. There are so many countries she hasn't visited - why single out Canada?

SrDanielPonces
18-12-16, 20:52
Take a closer look at the map. There are so many countries she hasn't visited - why single out Canada?

exacly

jackali
18-12-16, 21:12
I find it unlikely that Atlantis would be in the location specified on the map.

It would have taken an awfully long time to get there in a small-ish boat from Egypt.

Furthermore, IIRC, the official timeline map puts Atlantis in the Mediterranean.

Edit:

Googled the image.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f353/catlantean/AODCompanion/Chapter%2016%20-%20The%20Expeditions%20of%20Lara%20Croft/127.jpg

South Pacific is different on the map OP posted too.

King Ultra
18-12-16, 21:15
um,no there are a lot of countries she has not visted.

for example:Argentina,Australia,Cuba,Panama,Spain,Afga nistan,,Burma(Myanmar)Sweden,Norway.
just to name afew

also no disrespect to Canada,but its not the most exiting place when it comes to ancient myths,and artifacts
well i mean there always is Oak Island....

Nigel Cassidy
18-12-16, 21:17
I find it unlikely that Atlantis would be in the location specified on the map.

It would have taken an awfully long time to get there in a small-ish boat from Egypt.

Furthermore, IIRC, the official timeline map puts Atlantis in the Mediterranean.

Atlantis is called that name because it is supposed to be in the Atlantic Ocean... which itself is named after the Atlas Mountains.

Xopax
18-12-16, 21:26
Is the OP joking or just plain ignorant.

G_T_P_
18-12-16, 21:45
You're right King Ultra.

Next time Lara should visit the dark side of the moon.
Somes believes their's aliens there lol

larafan25
18-12-16, 21:46
Is the OP joking or just plain ignorant.

I suppose you don't know.

Canada would be great in a Tomb Raider game. A classic one.

Would the levels be urban-themed or ruins of some sort?

Would be beautiful to have a mix of snow and grass. Sort of thawed and frozen areas. Some ice. Some streams of water. :ponder:

Revenge
18-12-16, 21:50
Welcome to the forums G_T_P_ ! :D :D

As others have stated, there are many many countries that Lara hasn't visited, especially in Africa and America. As of Canada, I don't really think of stuff Lara could actually visit in terms of myths or real archeological sites, but I don't know a thing about Canada history so that's probably why :p

I really don't know what happened in Canada during Antiquity, what kind of people were living there, and if some kind of remnants can be found, I mean there were probably natives like the Mayas that lived in today's Mexico but I can't think of a civilization like this one that lived in Canada. Maybe historians don't know much as well idk xD

PallasAthene
18-12-16, 22:04
There are loads of countries she hasn't been to yet, not just Canada. She does go to an island in the Bering Sea in The Golden Mask. So she has explored some of the mythology of the north Pacific, Arctic cultures. I suppose that's the closest thing to the ancient cultures of what is now Canada and Alaska that she has explored.

Nigel Cassidy
18-12-16, 22:04
I can think of three things an LC game could do with Canada:

- The treasure of Oak Island (I'm too lazy to explain that, you'll have to Google it for yourself).
- The Viking settlement in L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland.
- Sasquatches!

Sgt BOMBULOUS
18-12-16, 23:04
Has she ever visited Walmart?

Mad Tony
18-12-16, 23:32
I've always wondered where the Maria Doria is.

robm_2007
18-12-16, 23:51

I need to increase my savings. I better download the Walmart Savings Catcher app. Dammit! No signal. Ooompfh. NO.
Am I scanning too fast for you?
You unsavory little shoplifter.
On Black Friday: "I can't remember, it's all a blur. There were gunshots."
I'm looking for alchemically transmuted elements. -That's in aisle 5, next to the pistol ammo and opened chocolate bars. Now 50% off!
etc.

Although to avoid using their name, they'd probably call if Wernermart, a subsidiary of Von Croy Ind.

voltz
19-12-16, 00:13
So what's Canada supposed to offer besides grizzly attacks, moose stampedes and people who don't like you cause you're not a hockey fanatic?

King Ultra
19-12-16, 01:55
You're right King Ultra.

Next time Lara should visit the dark side of the moon.
Somes believes their's aliens there lol

Im not sure if your trying to insult me,or referencing something

if you are referencing something,i dont understand the joke forgive my ignorance

or your serious and your insane....

larafan25
19-12-16, 01:59
So what's Canada supposed to offer besides grizzly attacks, moose stampedes and people who don't like you cause you're not a hockey fanatic?

im going 2 be the boss battle.

spoiler alert: she doesn't survive.

Daring Do
19-12-16, 02:13
She hasn't gone to Canada yet because she's afraid of the wendigos. And the mounties.

Sir Launcelot
19-12-16, 04:52
I can think of three things an LC game could do with Canada:

- The treasure of Oak Island (I'm too lazy to explain that, you'll have to Google it for yourself).
- The Viking settlement in L'Anse aux Meadows, Newfoundland.
- Sasquatches!

It would be interesting if Lara investigated a mystery surrounding the Franklin Expedition. I read this novel a long time back and found it quite absorbing:

https://www.amazon.com/Terror-Novel-Dan-Simmons/dp/0316008079

They've found the ships now, which makes it less of a mystery, but that does not preclude Lara from diving the wrecks and finding out interesting things.

I'm sure as the reboot thing progresses we'll find out Lara had a summer job there.

jackali
19-12-16, 04:54
Atlantis is called that name because it is supposed to be in the Atlantic Ocean... which itself is named after the Atlas Mountains.

Most proposed locations for Altlantis are not, in fact, in the Atlantic at all. It is really only Plato's account that places it in the Atlantic. Plato's account suggests Atlantis existed 9,000 years before the time of Solon (~9,600 BCE)! If it had ever existed, there really is no way we can assume he's be correct on its location after that amount of time.

The ocean is, historiographically, named the Atlantic after Atlas, not the Atlas mountains. The mountains were named after him too. Atlas, was the ruler of that ocean. Atlantis means 'of Atlas' - this simply means that the island belonged to Atlas. There is no reason to suggest that all islands ruled by Atlas must be in his ocean.

Many modern theories place Atlantis in the Mediterranean, and Core likely followed these ideas. I can't find a source for the image I shared, but it's from printed media and more likely to be official than not.

PallasAthene
19-12-16, 06:09
^ This is true. I guess that's how she got there pretty quickly from Egypt in TR1.

I've always wondered where the Maria Doria is.

Me too. I posted a thread a while back over on the TRII forum to see if anyone knew but I don't actually think it's ever been said where the wreck was meant to be.

Mad Tony
19-12-16, 07:13
Me too. I posted a thread a while back over on the TRII forum to see if anyone knew but I don't actually think it's ever been said where the wreck was meant to be.I've seen it been put in the Mediterranean or Adriatic a lot but I've also seen a map which has it near Northern Ireland. And I swear I've seen somewhere that has it in the middle of the Atlantic.

G_T_P_
19-12-16, 11:27
I wasn't trying to insult you.

G_T_P_
19-12-16, 11:30
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h369/JoGTP/tomb-raider-golden-mask-menu_zps23nzcigy.jpg (http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/JoGTP/media/tomb-raider-golden-mask-menu_zps23nzcigy.jpg.html)