PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning a comic marathon? *SPOILERS*

iWANEX
05-07-18, 10:16
Hey guys! I just finished reading the first issue of Inferno and I was wondering who is doing a comic marathon in preparation for Shadow. I'm sure it won't be essential to read them all but it's a good way to kill some time and experience the whole story.

Inferno has a lot of potential and we're seeing a much more determined and aggressive Lara. The artwork is also much better this time around and Lara looks more classic-esque than ever.

https://i.imgur.com/wFo2SDs.jpg

I'm also very intrigued about this new character Nadija. She looks like a very capable and badass adversary for Lara and it looks like she had a connection to Ana according the the preview for the next issue. I wonder if she will appear in Shadow somehow.

https://i.imgur.com/WEQgrr5.jpg

Another thing that I can't wait to see is how Jonah and Lara start adventuring together again. As of now, they said goodbye to each other and Lara is hunting down Trinity on her own.

What do you guys think? Are you interested in reading them all before September? And if you're already following the comic storyline, how do you think the transition from Inferno to Shadow is going to be like?

biscuits
05-07-18, 10:23
Yayyy comic book thread!
I think I'll go on a comic marathon as well! I'm excited to read everything again. I love the reboot comics so much.

As for Inferno, I really like it so far. Issue 1 seems to exist to set up the second issue (which Phillip Sevy has been hyping up for months) which I'm VERY excited about.
I already like it more than Survivor's Crusade. The art in that story arc was really bad.

I think Nadija will be the cool comic character that won't make it into the games (like Kaz). At most, I'm expecting an Easter Egg about her, sort of like how Kennard Montez was referenced in Rise or there was a newspaper detailing a mysterious suicide in the tube.

kathrynnn
05-07-18, 10:50
I actually just re-read most of the comics a little while ago, so I probably won't be doing it again.

I'm really liking Inferno at the moment and I'm pretty excited for the 2nd issue, especially after the previews we just got.

Nadija seems like an interesting character with a lot of potential so I'm excited to see where everything goes. It would be cool to have her appear in Shadow, but I doubt it. She'll probably be forgotten about after the comics, just like Kaz was. miss u kaz

iWANEX
05-07-18, 15:33
Yayyy comic book thread!
I think I'll go on a comic marathon as well! I'm excited to read everything again. I love the reboot comics so much.

As for Inferno, I really like it so far. Issue 1 seems to exist to set up the second issue (which Phillip Sevy has been hyping up for months) which I'm VERY excited about.
I already like it more than Survivor's Crusade. The art in that story arc was really bad.

I think Nadija will be the cool comic character that won't make it into the games (like Kaz). At most, I'm expecting an Easter Egg about her, sort of like how Kennard Montez was referenced in Rise or there was a newspaper detailing a mysterious suicide in the tube.

Oh I miss Kaz. Hopefully they'll take these characters and use them in the games too because they are pretty cool (or at least better than the ones we had in the games).

The Ana reveal in issue 2 is already something I'm very excited about tbh. I didn't expect seeing her again.

I actually just re-read most of the comics a little while ago, so I probably won't be doing it again.

I'm really liking Inferno at the moment and I'm pretty excited for the 2nd issue, especially after the previews we just got.

Nadija seems like an interesting character with a lot of potential so I'm excited to see where everything goes. It would be cool to have her appear in Shadow, but I doubt it. She'll probably be forgotten about after the comics, just like Kaz was. miss u kaz

Yeah, I don't understand why they don't use these characters better. Kaz was such a cool character, she was awesome and she had a connection with Lara (her being Alex's sister and part of Trinity if I remember correctly). So much potential there.

NoahCrofRaider
05-07-18, 16:08
Oh boy, Id absolutely love to do a comic marathon. However, I dont have any of the reboot comics and Im not sure how much money all of the comics would be. Id likely buy them digitally too, btw.

Ellioft
05-07-18, 16:31
I'm gonna do a marathon and a resume for the ones who didn't read them but I lack in direction do I need to start from the very beginning with the prophet and Trinity then after Himiko/Richard and after Lara adventures or I need to focus directly on Lara adventures ?

Portugalraider
05-07-18, 16:51
I'll probably do one as well, though it will be a pain to look at "Survivor's Crusade" :p

But not only to also get ready for SotTR, but to see the evolution of Phillip Sevy's work. He was already good, but the evolution is really noticeable :)

iWANEX
06-07-18, 00:48
Apparently the thread was moved. I was hoping it would make people interested in the comics and have a nice conversation Shadow related but whatever. God knows we really need some positivity but I guess it was too off-topic.

n00basaur
06-07-18, 15:34
Talking about Inferno... I was looking at Phillip Sevy's art (https://www.instagram.com/phillipsevycomicart/) and I thought the comics would look so cool with no colors. Idk, just a personal taste.

What do you guys think?

https://78.media.tumblr.com/9ec2bbf16dc2f60d6fd68c4afeb9b709/tumblr_pbgb1u8m221rf7l7ko1_500.png

Pyro99
16-07-18, 01:21
it looks rly cool tbh, im excited for it