PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Kaz?

biscuits
28-09-18, 14:28
What do you guys think happened to Kaz? I miss her, she was such a great character. I felt the game writers wasted an opportunity with her. She could have been Lara's informant when it came to Trinity.

Maybe she moved back with her mom?

Portugalraider
28-09-18, 15:04
What do you guys think happened to Kaz? I miss her, she was such a great character. I felt the game writers wasted an opportunity with her. She could have been Lara's informant when it came to Trinity.

Maybe she moved back with her mom?

She is in the "cool for the actual games but forgotten comic characters" hell along with Leticia, to be soon followed by Nadija, most probably... :/

Shame these great characters are just being wasted...

EliParker
28-09-18, 15:05
Thinking about it, between Queen of Serpent and Rise, Lara became obsessed about Trinity. So Kat and Lara had a bad falling out, as Lara wanted to deal with Trinity and Kat just wanted a life free from Trinity and to forget them.

So to me, Kat and Sam, were Lara's loses due to her obsession with Trinity.

Rai
28-09-18, 17:12
^ Isn't that just your head canon though? Last we saw Kaz, she and Jonah were with Lara outside Holloway Prison just before Lara visits Sam.

I dunno. As I said in the other thread, Kaz just seems to have been forgotten about. Afaik, she's not even mentioned again. Perhaps she went back home.

EliParker
28-09-18, 18:16
^ Isn't that just your head canon though? Last we saw Kaz, she and Jonah were with Lara outside Holloway Prison just before Lara visits Sam.

I dunno. As I said in the other thread, Kaz just seems to have been forgotten about. Afaik, she's not even mentioned again. Perhaps she went back home.

It is, it's the only thing that made any sense for me. I think the main issue is that CD/SE doesn't have a mandate that all the writers have to read all the canon materials.

So the Devs, make every new game, a great starting point. For this to be fixed, whomever is the new writer for the next game should demand more cohesion between the game and the expanded media.

JuditePrince12
28-09-18, 19:41
I think since Rhianna Pratchett's comics were so different from the game they ended up just writing her out. That's like the number one reason I hated her run. It's like CD and her weren't on the same page for the writing process and everything was so different than the games. That ended up stringing some fans along and getting their hopes up for recurring characters like Sam, Reyes, Kaz etc...They also had a noticeably lighter tone to them as well. Before Rise released I felt like they told her that they didn't want the other characters, so I guess she wanted to develop them more in comics and that whole Himiko possession thing was strung along TOO much. I'm just glad it's over.

Grizzly Bear
28-09-18, 19:49
I think since Rhianna Pratchett's comics were so different from the game they ended up just writing her out. That's like the number one reason I hated her run. It's like CD and her weren't on the same page for the writing process and everything was so different than the games. That ended up stringing some fans along and getting their hopes up for recurring characters like Sam, Reyes, Kaz etc...They also had a noticeably lighter tone to them as well. Before Rise released I felt like they told her that they didn't want the other characters, so I guess she wanted to develop them more in comics and that whole Himiko possession thing was strung along TOO much. I'm just glad it's over.

I find then comics written by Rihanna so much better than the Gail Simone's ones! The story makes much more sense! (It's not a masterpiece but at least is way better than Season of the Witch).

Portugalraider
28-09-18, 21:23
I find then comics written by Rihanna so much better than the Gail Simone's ones! The story makes much more sense! (It's not a masterpiece but at least is way better than Season of the Witch).

Not that hard to beat Season of the Witch. Still can't understand how that crap came from Gail Simone of all places. She is usually a great writer!

Pyro99
04-10-18, 13:36
Just forgotten about, yet again. I'd be so much more interested in Kaz, Sam and Reyes being in the games rather than some more random side-characters that only last one game

JuditePrince12
07-10-18, 17:38
Just forgotten about, yet again. I'd be so much more interested in Kaz, Sam and Reyes being in the games rather than some more random side-characters that only last one game

But they were random side characters too...and I wouldn't count their comic development since it wasn't present in the games.

Grizzly Bear
07-10-18, 21:10

You're so right! They need to understand that even a very short scene that reference a character from a previous game/comic/book won't send new players away...

Athukraz
10-10-18, 18:42

Same