PDA

View Full Version : What artists would Lara listen to?

VictorXD
03-10-18, 18:10
So here's a small little fun chat, what songs and artists do you think Lara would like??

Classic Lara:

I could see her loving classical music and soundtrack, so Two Steps from Hell and Hans Zimmer would likely be in her playlists. I also think she would probably like some Lana songs like Young and Beautiful, filled with classic instruments and the like but I also think she wouldn't restrict herself to orchestral sounding music only. I could see her loving soft rock and slower songs, like Creep by Radiohead.

o_1aF54DO60

Reboot Lara:

I do think she would like mostly the same things as classic Lara, but I feel she would have a bit of a more open mind when it comes to music and would prefer more upbeat stuff. She probably likes R&B, rap and hip hop as well judging from the song she was listening to when the Endurance crashed. I could definitely see her listening to some Marina and the Diamonds too.

tomblover
03-10-18, 18:27
I think, canonically, classic Lara got turned on to NIN by her aunt, right? So, to my mind, she's absolutely into that kind of, industrial spectrum. Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Ministry...

As classical music goes, I think she might be a bit avoidant of it - because it's this typical "uppity" thing she loathes, right :p - but she doubtless appreciates these compositions for their cultural/historical value, at least.

EDIT:

As for reboot Lara, I think she's more into electronic music, honestly. Considering what she was listening to on her iPhone at the start of TR2013, which admittedly I only remember vaguely...

I don't know. Kraftwerk, maybe? Yellow Magic Orchestra, inevitably, if she's enough of a dweeb to have majored in Japanese history. I can absolutely see her at a house party, losing her **** to Cosmic Surfin' after two vodka sodas. :ton:

xCxqEv-Rcx0

Samz
03-10-18, 18:27
If I remember she also likes U2.

Chamayoo
03-10-18, 18:57
Classic Lara listens to Nine Inch Nails, she has good taste ! And yes she had a special relationship with U2 in the 90's (their peak imo) so that's nice too !
If Reboot Lara listens to Kraftwerk then she also rocks (YMO seems fun too)
Maybe LAU Lara likes the Prodigy and Lamb ?

VictorXD
03-10-18, 19:20
I think, canonically, classic Lara got turned on to NIN by her aunt, right? So, to my mind, she's absolutely into that kind of, industrial spectrum. Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Ministry...

As classical music goes, I think she might be a bit avoidant of it - because it's this typical "uppity" thing she loathes, right :p - but she doubtless appreciates these compositions for their cultural/historical value, at least.

EDIT:

As for reboot Lara, I think she's more into electronic music, honestly. Considering what she was listening to on her iPhone at the start of TR2013, which admittedly I only remember vaguely...

I don't know. Kraftwerk, maybe? Yellow Magic Orchestra, inevitably, if she's enough of a dweeb to have majored in Japanese history. I can absolutely see her at a house party, losing her **** to Cosmic Surfin' after two vodka sodas. :ton:

[youtube]xCxqEv-Rcx0[youtube]

Ohh yeah I had totally forgot Lara liked Nine Inch Nails and U2. She probably likes rock a lot too then I guess, I could see teen Lara listening to ACDC away from her parents' eyes, they would totally not approve and Lara being the little daredevil she is would listen to it anyway lol

And Classic Lara most definitely likes classic music, have you played Lara's home in TR2 and 3? :p

tomblover
03-10-18, 19:27
That's true, I guess - and her bio says as much, actually, but I like to think of Lara as being dismissive of it when eyes are on her, at least. :p

2001LC20
05-10-18, 14:21
Better have my money bitch
Work
No

robm_2007
06-10-18, 07:30
That's true, I guess - and her bio says as much, actually, but I like to think of Lara as being dismissive of it when eyes are on her, at least. :p

She hated the snobbish people and overwhelming atmosphere in the social circles. Obviously she still likes the butlers, huge mansions, lavish (though deadly) getaways, and I assume she liked the opera. She's still very much into the lifestyle, just not on their terms or actually mingling with them.

Legends
06-10-18, 12:41
This.

XbUe3RggLN8

HD Simplicityy
06-10-18, 18:19
Two Steps from Hell has some cool music. Hans Zimmer? YES
I'd think she would enjoy Howard Shore too.

laracroftswest
06-10-18, 18:24
Nine Inch Nails
The Prodigy
U2
Pretty much every artist on the LC:TR soundtrack
I could see Rihanna in there
Most 90s house music

TRhalloween
06-10-18, 18:57
Nathan McCree

New Dwight
07-10-18, 22:42
All her choices are instrumental:

https://youtu.be/9c9E1DeiNm4?t=1016

^this is the most beautiful of all.

9c9E1DeiNm4?t=1016

Daring Do
08-10-18, 18:33
Classic Lara: Classical music, maybe some Tupac on the side.
Reboot Lara: TLC, Earth Wind and Fire, stuff like that.

TrustyBow
08-10-18, 23:40
I remember reading somewhere that classic Lara likes trance music for training.

Reboot Lara, I'm honestly not sure. If I had to guess, I'd say she's probably a big fan of indie music.

Mr GaGa
08-10-18, 23:42
Lara would listen to Lady Gaga :ohn:

New Dwight
08-10-18, 23:51
I remember reading somewhere that classic Lara likes trance music for training.

you read wrong. :pi: the one I linked above is her theme. individual theme. scenic beauty theme.

Boobandie
09-10-18, 04:55
Trance music is correct. It's in the extended classic bio.

New Dwight
09-10-18, 05:12
Trance music is correct. It's in the extended classic bio.

link to source.

Boobandie
09-10-18, 05:17
Classic Lara Bio (http://www.core-design.com/article1.html)

The main question of the thread is "What would she listen to?", basically all of the music in the games is non-diegetic like the orchestral score in a film. The two pieces that play in her home in TR2/3 exist in universe, but that's about it for the classics.

Her theme has technically only appeared in the form of the music box puzzle in Anniversary.

New Dwight
09-10-18, 05:27
Classic Lara Bio (http://www.core-design.com/article1.html)

The main question of the thread is "What would she listen to?", basically all of the music in the games is non-diegetic like the orchestral score in a film. The two pieces that play in her home in TR2/3 exist in universe, but that's about it for the classics.

Her theme has technically only appeared in the form of the music box puzzle in Anniversary.

thanks for the link! :tmb: I love reading about Lara's true past.