PDA

View Full Version : POSTING JUST TO POST

angelika
05-04-06, 18:53
Recently it has come to my attention sth really irritating to me at least.
Many members (mostly in the legend forum) post just to post. Anything, most time rubbish. In the beginning I didn' t mind that much but as the game went out I see thread like "OMG this" and "OMG that" and "how do you feel about that spec of dust that's on the left-down of Lara back pocket"
It really annoys me to read rubish posts just because some students want to become Tomb Raider in a week!!!:mad:

scion05
05-04-06, 18:55
agreed

oh and what happened to the sub-forum ?

interstellardave
05-04-06, 18:56
Been going on a loooooooooong time...

Lenochka
05-04-06, 18:56
thats most likely why so many load balances so many people posting seinfeld posts ( There the posts about nothing! like the show ) omg that should be the new term for spamming Seinfeld posts hehe. Anyways i do some of the topics are absured. i mean no offence but does there have to be a omg legend comes out it # of days! every day?

Greenkey2
05-04-06, 18:57
Legend's just around the corner, the floodgates are about to open....:rolleyes:

I understand what you're saying though, Angelika :wve: Playing the devil's advocate here, but I think most of it is that we've been waiting so long (or what seems like so long) for a half-way decent game that some people are just getting too over-excited.

But frivolous posting of tiny details that don't have any real bearing are irratating to say the least :(

jarhead
05-04-06, 18:57
yer. i hate when people do it just to get more posts. its nothing to be excited about. you dont see me posting hundreads a day to get a high number of posts. they need to get a life. saying that i remember when myra has 999 posts and people kept asking her stupid question so she would then answer and get 1000. but thats not clooging the place as it was the general chat thread

laracroft2122
05-04-06, 18:59
It is very annoying though but...

I just got another load balancing trying to post this

Lara Croft Fan Joe
05-04-06, 18:59
Ive been here now for about 5 months! i havent even reached 1000 yet, i mean there are some (naming no names) that registared 3 months afrer me and are already on over 2000 posts!

interstellardave
05-04-06, 19:00
LENOCHKA: Check your PMs...

Smith will Suffice
05-04-06, 19:03
welcome to super fan boy brainwashed obsessed tomb raider legend.

:wve:

Lenochka
05-04-06, 19:04
LENOCHKA: Check your PMs...

already did if it was regarding the OPM thing thanks ^^

angelika
05-04-06, 19:06
Ive been here now for about 5 months! i havent even reached 1000 yet, i mean there are some (naming no names) that registared 3 months afrer me and are already on over 2000 posts!

Are you kidding me I 'm a member for 3 years (expept I 've gone for 1.5year) and I still haven't reached 500. But that's not the point. I post when I really feel I have sth to say.

laracroft2122
05-04-06, 19:07
did u not do what i did

register..forget u registered...never post

Although I haven't reached 500 either

interstellardave
05-04-06, 19:07
already did if it was regarding the OPM thing thanks ^^

Yeah it was... hope you get it today and you can create the official "it's out!" thread.

Palindromi
05-04-06, 19:08
It really annoys me to read rubish posts just because some students want to become Tomb Raider in a week!!!:mad:
Thatīs true. I think ranking should be based also on joining date. Not only posting. BUT really, means rank title anything?

BTW, I counted little: If in current ranking system my posting stays similar also at the future, Iīm Legend already in July 2068:D .

Melonie Tomb Raider
05-04-06, 19:09
Yay another post count! :jmp:

lol jk. :p I totally understand where you're coming from. The tRL section isn't very fun to visit anymore.

Reggie
It's not how often you say something but what you say that counts. I think applies quite well to this forum and any other forum.

Anubis_AF
agreed

oh and what happened to the sub-forum ?

Coming soon :)

Lara Croft Fan Joe
05-04-06, 19:10
Are you kidding me I 'm a member for 3 years (expept I 've gone for 1.5year) and I still haven't reached 500. But that's not the point. I post when I really feel I have sth to say.
Wow! now thats a LONG time! I actually respect you for that, coz theres too many ppl who care less about what there actually saying and more about their post count!

ben croft
05-04-06, 19:10
I understand what you said, angelika. It's really bad, because we get lots of load balancing messages. But that's why we have moderators/admin., because they close these threads. :)

:rolleyes:

stereopathic
05-04-06, 19:11
The tRL section isn't very fun to visit anymore.
you're so right. it doesn't even feel like our forum right now. we have a strong sense of community here, but they're all just passing through and the legend forum suffers for it.

ben croft
05-04-06, 19:11
I post when I really feel I have sth to say.

Same here. :tmb:

:wve:

interstellardave
05-04-06, 19:12
Honestly I think load balancing has nothing to do with members... it has more to do with all of the visitors; there's way more of them here at any given time.

jamieoliver22
05-04-06, 19:12
I'd really have to agree. I quite rarley start topics and only make them when it is really nessesary or have somthing that I feel strongly that should be spread with the community.

laracroft2122
05-04-06, 19:13
Coming soon :)

Sub forum, what's the sub forum

Airave
05-04-06, 19:17
Quality over quantity is always best.

Yeah, I'm new and have few posts, etc....,
but I sure have lots of experience on BBS's.

As much as I love TR and this forum
it IS hard to get through the redundancy
and balance load problems that come because.

Hard to avoid on a forum of this size.
So I've been holding back.

crux2
05-04-06, 19:21
I'm just happy that the forum has become so popular.

Sorting out the meaningful posts from the spam can seem like a chore but at least so many people are interested in Lara again. :)

Not to say that I don't get annoyed by all the hyper-posters out there.

Its just a post count afterall...:o

tlr online
05-04-06, 19:23
We do have an active anti-spam policy. If folk feel this is being abused, then please use our PM system to alert us.

Regarding Load Balancing, there are 1657 folk surfing this forum atm. This is stretching our server resources, but a new multi-dedicated solution is being set up right now. :)

Neteru
05-04-06, 20:07
Well I'm sorry but I just think the 'Load Balancing' message is the biggest spammer. Have you seen how many times he's posted on forum today? :cln: