PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is going on here?

tlr online
10-04-06, 00:57
Holmes' 'Passive' Behavior Stuns Interviewer

Pregnant actress Katie Holmes stunned a magazine journalist when she accompanied fiance Tom Cruise on a recent interview, by acting in a "dazed, passive and vacant" manner. The former Dawson's Creek beauty, 27, sat quietly beside Cruise as he opened up about his abusive father Thomas Mapother III to Parade reporter Dotson Rader. In the Parade interview, Rader writes, "Holmes wore a large diamond engagement ring. She seemed dazed, passive and vacant. She never stopped smiling." Rader was stunned to notice Holmes kept smiling, even as the Top Gun star recalled the beatings he suffered as a child.

www.imdb.com

What do you make of all this? This "relationship" is doomed, I have no doubt about that. But this just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Lenochka
10-04-06, 00:58
it is!
i thought jumping on oprahs couch was odd but this tops it... she kept smiling maybe she was drunk or something...

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-04-06, 01:07
I personally feel very sorry for Katie. Tom seems like a control freak and a maniac, to be honest. I don't know what the heck she ever saw in him. From the couch incident, to controlling every aspect of their childs' birth, he seems insane.

tlr online
10-04-06, 01:08
I totally agree with you. I bet she's just watching the life being sucked right out of her.

ILG49ers
10-04-06, 01:09
I personally feel very sorry for Katie. Tom seems like a control freak and a maniac, to be honest. I don't know what the heck she ever saw in him. From the couch incident, to controlling every aspect of their childs' birth, he seems insane.

Lol! I think he has some type of mind control over her.

Lenochka
10-04-06, 01:09

I know he bought her a pacifire so she would have a silent child birth she is not to make a sound. Suppose to be silent... that is the craziest thing i have ever heard. Im not a girl but something like that coming out of somewhere that small is gonna be painful so of course there is gonna be noise. What an idiot to try and control even the child birth XD

Osojojo
10-04-06, 01:11
I really don't think any of us can judge their relationship.
The media is sure to exaggerate and report false rumors, so we, the public, can never know what's true or false in a relationship that is so publicized.

ILG49ers
10-04-06, 01:12
I really don't think any of us can judge their relationship.
The media is sure to exaggerate and report false rumors, so we, the public, can never know what's true or false in a relationship that is so publicized.

True, but Tom Cruise still seems to be going crazy! :p

Lenochka
10-04-06, 01:14
True, but Tom Cruise still seems to be going crazy! :p

he does seem to be going crazy. I mean he is the first person to ever jump on oprahs couch ( i mean come on if they mock it in scary movie 4 it had to be crazy ) XD

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-04-06, 01:17
Lol! I think he has some type of mind control over her.

Yeah, there's something very wrong in that picture... The way it seems, it'll only get weirder and more shady.

Catapharact
10-04-06, 01:25
Man, what ever happened to the Top Gun "Maverick" Tom? Someone sucked the cool out of him.

Anyway, yeah there is more to it than just crazy Tom. I mean Katie seems to be sticking on the guy even after the Oprah incident and the fact that her parents don't like him. She is gonna end up ruining her career.

DREWY
10-04-06, 01:26
She probably needs to be drugged to be able to stay in the same room as him. Hence the weird actions. Tom Cruise's relationships will never last. He is far too much in love with himself. One of the few people who make my skin crawl.

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-04-06, 01:28
She probably needs to be drugged to be able to stay in the same room as him.

I know I couldn't last a second with that man. :yik:

mau3genius
10-04-06, 01:31
I don't know...
I think Tom Cruise has like... Some kind of mental problem?
I mean, he changed a lot after that scientology thingie, and his divorce.
Maybe is that, or maybe he just wants to be stupid.
About Katie...
Well... I don't see her as a very smart girl. So I think it would be easy to control her [:p]

xMiSsCrOfTx
10-04-06, 01:32
I mean, he changed a lot after that scientology thingie, and his divorce.

The man's losing it.

Spitfire
10-04-06, 02:36
Both of them are kinda wacky, but im sure Tom rubbed off his craziness on Katie and is dragging her down.

Oh all the people in this little scene im most worried about that child inside of her...boy is he gonna have :cen: up parents...

Satu
10-04-06, 06:06
Everytime I see something like this I always remember the Aust 60 Minutes expose on him about a year ago.
During the interiew Tom was all smiles and gushing about his life, Movies etc etc, but the journalist made the fatal mistake asking him about Nicole. I have never seen anyone during an interview go to this icy, scarey, glare. He looked so enraged with anger that his lips were pursed and trembling. It was downright scarey.
Even the journalist was shocked as to how this person could have changed totally in a millisecond. I think Tom scared everyone in that room.
That truly was one chilly moment. :eek:

Sorry back on topic...

I feel sorry for Katie, I reckon he would be a control freak. An judging by the way he went off tap during that interview I wouldn't be suprised if he's like that with Katie.:(

xMyrax
10-04-06, 06:11
Whatever makes them happy...If Katie wants to stay with him, its her choice, look at the bright side, they are rich! XD

DREWY
10-04-06, 06:17
What a choice. Rich and miserable or poor and happy. Hmmm, tough one eh?

gazhammer
10-04-06, 06:40
Holmes' 'Passive' Behavior Stuns Interviewer

Pregnant actress Katie Holmes stunned a magazine journalist when she accompanied fiance Tom Cruise on a recent interview, by acting in a "dazed, passive and vacant" manner. The former Dawson's Creek beauty, 27, sat quietly beside Cruise as he opened up about his abusive father Thomas Mapother III to Parade reporter Dotson Rader. In the Parade interview, Rader writes, "Holmes wore a large diamond engagement ring. She seemed dazed, passive and vacant. She never stopped smiling." Rader was stunned to notice Holmes kept smiling, even as the Top Gun star recalled the beatings he suffered as a child.

www.imdb.com

What do you make of all this? This "relationship" is doomed, I have no doubt about that. But this just keep getting weirder and weirder.

I cannot find anything concerning this from the link provided?, maybe they have updated page?.:confused:

Would really like to have a look if possible, any idea's?.:)

DREWY
10-04-06, 06:49
No me either now. Must have updated. Maybe try the 'browse'?

CerebralAssassin
10-04-06, 07:20
I don't know...
I think Tom Cruise has like... Some kind of mental problem?
Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman should have reversed roles in the movie "Rainman",it would have been way better!

Satu
10-04-06, 07:23
Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman should have reversed roles in the movie "Rainman",it would have been way better!

:vlol:

Reggie
10-04-06, 11:55
I'm actually quite worried for Katie but I mean it's not like we can do anything more than speculate.

SUGARPIE
10-04-06, 14:20
Tom Cruise is highly stage-managed and one of the few experts at managing his own image and PR.

Unfortunately, not every encounter with the press and the public will be predictable and his cheesy grin is quick to disappear. I saw him get squirted by an interviewer with a trick pen or microphone whatever it was and although Cruise was still smiling he was also quizzing the journo mercileesly and saying 'Why did you do that? I came over and talked to you and then you do that! What an ass' etc...

There have always been heavy rumours that Tom Cruise is gay but cannot face up to it. As for being a control freak I am inclined to suspect this too. Only once he and Nicole split did she come into her own and she has since become even more popular and famous than him.

Ialso see no evidence that screaming during childbirth is stressful for the baby. The baby is under stress anyway pushing its way out of the birth canal and as soon as it is born and given to the mother it seems to be relaxed. Nobody can be expected to go through this level of agony and remain silent. It is unrealistic and cruel to insist on silence during birth.

rachkitten
10-04-06, 14:43

Ive never liked Tom Cruise personally, I agree with what you say about hm been a control freak. And this thing about the childs birth I just think its absolutly stupid, she can make her own desions

SUGARPIE
10-04-06, 14:51
Actually, I think she willingly converted to Scientology but I suspect she did that out of obligation - for him it's a complete way of life. If I would her I'd just throw a par of ear mufflers his way and banish him from the room :ton:

jarhead
10-04-06, 15:04
yer i think she turned to scientology as a way to keep cruise happy

rachkitten
10-04-06, 15:19
If I would her I'd just throw a par of ear mufflers his way and banish him from the room :ton:

:vlol: lol I totally agree with you ther sugarpie :jmp:

SUGARPIE
10-04-06, 15:21
It amazes me how a lot of movie stars need to 'belong' to some cult or other religious sect. I blame it on guilt. They are idolised and paid heaps for doing something they love so they feel this need perhaps to quantify their existance by being seen to be religious types who have strict regimes. Maybe they feel they will be seen to be more approachable and less untouchable.

Angel666
10-04-06, 19:13
My family has a pool as to when he's gonna kill someone. I have August 2008.