PDA

View Full Version : The Hills Have Eyes

Jake Croft
02-07-06, 09:25
Ok rented it and watched it...
All i can say is i was not satisfied
Another typical hyped up scary movie which when watched was nothing but
Kinda funny so i dont recommend renting it incase you do :)

Lost_Soul
02-07-06, 09:51
Thanks...I was planning on renting that sometime...the trailer just made it seem nice and creepy...

tr_mitch
02-07-06, 09:59
I liked it! And thought it was different... it had that 'resident evil 4' feeling... you know being out in the middle of nowhere with derranged people after you... Plus they had a little village.

I watched it at the Cinema, and it's always more 'scarier' there.... but i intend to buy the dvd soon :)

viper456
02-07-06, 19:12
as if you didnt like it! :O its the only horror film that has actually ever made me feel uneasy! it was creepy as hell! *shudders*

-DEBUG
02-07-06, 19:42
Agreeing with Viper... it was really gory too same make up guys as Land of the Dead! the onscreen impacts were juicy... quite horrific!

Rivendell
02-07-06, 19:45
Sounds cool! I'll give it a watch :tmb:

Anyone seen Reeker? :whi: :o

Natla'd
02-07-06, 19:59
I don't think it was scary, just gory, and I don't find gory scary, I just find it gross. I was forced to watch it because my friend fancies Aaron Stanford. :D

xMiSsCrOfTx
02-07-06, 20:02
I didn't think it was at all scary. It was way too gory, IMO. Some parts were hard to watch, and I'm not really all that squirmish when it comes to movies... It was pretty disgusting, if anything.

Rivendell
02-07-06, 22:01
Ahh, then in that case I may Not watch it afterall. Would you say it was just an excuse for gore?
I've no problem with gore at all, but in pointless excess I find it boring. :(

Kamrusepas
02-07-06, 22:04
My bf's been wanting to watch that for a while now... I don't know, what's it even about? :p

viper456
02-07-06, 22:04
Ahh, then in that case I may Not watch it afterall. Would you say it was just an excuse for gore?
I've no problem with gore at all, but in pointless excess I find it boring. :(

i wouldnt say it was pointless and excessive. It just horriffic when it does occur LOL

xMiSsCrOfTx
02-07-06, 22:13
Kam: it's about a family going on a vacation. When they're in the desert in the middle of nowhere, they come across a gas station and meet a creepy old guy who leads them into a trap. It's about what happens to them while they're in the 'hills'. Basically, a mutated group of cavemen (if you will) attack the entire family.

It was a gorefest.

-DEBUG
02-07-06, 22:14
My bf's been wanting to watch that for a while now... I don't know, what's it even about? :p

Hey :wve: without revealing too much (I hope)

It's a remake of Wes Craven's 1970 original of the same name. The film tells a story of a family who are crossing the New Mexico desert to reach San Diego so the parents can celebrate there 25th Anniversary. A mysterious gas pump worker sends them in the wrong direction towards an area of the desert where the US government conducted tests with nuclear weapons. There 4x4 and Caravan crash and they are left stranded, though they are not alone. The family are being watched by a group of Genetically Modified Cannibals... who are hungry. The Hills Have Eyes is very violent and quite disturbing (rape, crucifictions, Kidnapping, Torture and senseless killing all present here)

-DEBUG
02-07-06, 22:15
Kam: it's about a family going on a vacation. When they're in the desert in the middle of nowhere, they come across a gas station and meet a creepy old guy who warns them not to take the shortcut, and of course, they do. :p It's about what happens to them while they're in the 'hills'. Basically, a mutated group of cavemen (if you will) attack the entire family.

It was a gorefest.

darn you beat me :mad: ... :p

raiderfun
02-07-06, 23:44
Hello , i saw this movie yesterday in the evening

Olvidarse
02-07-06, 23:54
We walked out of the theater after the mutants massacred the family. Grotesque waste of $10. :mad:

What has society come to when you see 10-year-olds watch this movie?

raiderfun
02-07-06, 23:55
I watched the film in DVD , in my house with my parents , it was great.
But the problem is the state don't care of those people who are infected by the nuclear :mad: That's why they do some bad things . I liked the film , but in the ending the hero (forgot his name) has just killed the monsters but he didn't gone in the place where he expected to go in the beginning , so it's like nothing :(

Agnese Croft
03-07-06, 06:38
I liked it..nothin creepy in it, only somekinda of people who had suffered after mutation in that town(poor people..they just want eat)...much blood..i liked that end..about that little baby..(well who seen it, then they know what i mean.):D

tr_mitch
03-07-06, 08:44
We walked out of the theater after the mutants massacred the family. Grotesque waste of $10. :mad:

What has society come to when you see 10-year-olds watch this movie?

Please note that the film was given an 18 certificate... So if they were watching it, they really Shouldn't be. Plus what do you expect from a horror film? Fluffy Rabbits?

RAID
03-07-06, 10:54
Thanks...I was planning on renting that sometime...the trailer just made it seem nice and creepy...
They all seem that way at first, but then when you watch these kinda movies...Boring as hell.

Lara's Boy
03-07-06, 11:47
I kinda liked it, but I wanted it to be much scarier, and I was actually expecting a lot more gore. All in all for a 'horror' movie, however, I feel that is was really well done.

:wve: