PDA

View Full Version : The General Batman Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 13:12
Discuss Batman here.

Discuss Batman Begins. Discuss the untitled sequel. Discuss the previous films.

Discuss the cartoons.

Discuss the comics.

Discuss the video games.

Welcome to the General Batman Thread for fans to discuss the greatest superhero of all time. :)

Andariel
07-07-06, 13:14
I love Batman! My parents say I use to watch non-stop when I was younger. Though I'm more of a Catwoman fan from Batman Returns now. :D

Lara's Boy
07-07-06, 13:15
^ I love the Catwoman character from that movie! She was the most interesting person in that movie, imo :). I hate the way the character type was ruined by Halle Berry's version though....*involuntarily shudders*

Agent 47
07-07-06, 13:16
riddle me this
riddle me that
how is afraid of the big black bat?

Micheal Keaton was the best movie Batman

as fo comics only have Legend of the Dark Knight :jmp:

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 13:16
I prefer Christian Bale.

Andariel
07-07-06, 13:17
Michelle Pfeiffer played her. Michelle's got that cool pale skin and arched eyebrows. Very sultry. Anyway I just bought Batman Begins and haven't gotten around to watch it yet. Is it good? :)

Lara's Boy
07-07-06, 13:18
I haven't seen Begins....it really as good as it was hyped up to be? I have been thinking about at least renting it....

Edit: Andariel beat me to my own question! :D

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 13:19
I haven't seen Begins....it really as good as it was hyped up to be? I have been thinking about at least renting it....
I didn't think that the first Batman film could be beaten, but Begins really blew me away.

Lara's Boy
07-07-06, 13:19
I didn't think that the first Batman film could be beaten, but Begins really blew me away.

Really!! Well, then I will definetly rent it....perhaps this afternoon. I kinda wanted an excuse to watch it anyway :D

Andariel
07-07-06, 13:21
The only movies I like from the series was the 1st and 2nd. The rest is just Hollywood crap. I'll watch it later today. :)

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 13:33
The only Batman film I don't like is Batman and Robin. Batman Forever is alright, Batman 1 and Returns are really good and Begins is brilliant. The animated series is better than the films, though.

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 13:35
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=68995

Lara's Boy
07-07-06, 13:35
^ I don't remember much of the animated series, but I do remember it being better...I didn't like Batman Forever OR Batman and Robin....guess that is why I was skeptical about this new batman....

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 14:00
Begins is VERY different to Forever and B&R. It's darker ansd has a completely different cast and crew.

Legend of Lara
07-07-06, 15:17
Batman & Robin is not just the worst Batman movie but also one of the worst movies ever, period! Poison Ivy is so annoying and Mr. Freeze is the worst villain ever!

Alive_and_Funky
07-07-06, 16:24
Batman Begins is based on the comic story, Batman: Year One. I really like Batman: Year One. The plot moves whilst containing the views of Bruce Wayne and pre-Commisioner Gordon. A great idea IMO.

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 19:31
Batman & Robin is not just the worst Batman movie but also one of the worst movies ever, period! Poison Ivy is so annoying and Mr. Freeze is the worst villain ever!
Tell me about it!!! It's blaggghghhghghhghgh . . .

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 20:31
Have all the Batman fans dropped dead???? We must slay those Spiderman fans!!!

Lara's Boy
07-07-06, 20:33
^ lol....I may have liked the first two movies, but I don't know enough about Batman to be a fan....everything I know has been posted, lol :D

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 20:39
Here's some interesting info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Batman_Begins_Sequel

Alive_and_Funky
07-07-06, 20:43
Here's some interesting info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Untitled_Batman_Begins_Sequel

I heard about the story of the sequel to Batman Begins is going to feature The Joker. I wonder how it will pan out?

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 20:45
Rumour has it that he murders Rachel!!

Alive_and_Funky
07-07-06, 20:47
Rumour has it that he murders Rachel!!

Only rumours though. I wouldn't believe anything until the movie is released, whenever that will be.

Have you read Batman: Year One?

TombRaiderLover
07-07-06, 20:49
No, but I know that Begins was based around it.

God, I love that film, and the animated series.

I've read Batman: Collected Legends of the Dark Knight, though.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 06:46
I was watching The Animated Series last night and this morning.

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 11:00
I was watching The Animated Series last night and this morning.

Which episodes?

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 11:53
On Leather Wings (the first episode)
Christmas with the Joker
The Laughing Fish
Heart of Ice

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 11:58
On Leather Wings (the first episode)
Christmas with the Joker
The Laughing Fish
Heart of Ice

The Laughing Fish episode creeps my sister out because of the fishes' faces.
Have you watched On Leather Wings with commentary on. I found it really interesting.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:06
I watched the video, so I couldn't watch it with the commentary. I haven't got the DVD, although I hope to get it for Christmas.

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:08
I watched the video, so I couldn't watch it with the commentary. I haven't got the DVD, although I hope to get it for Christmas.

Okay.

They said that "On Leather Wings" was the only episode to feature blood. You know when Batman goes smack into a wall?
Also, you know the Police Blimp at the beginning? They put it in even though they've never existed in real life.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:12
Sounds interesting, especially about it being the only episode to feature blood. Have you ever seen Batman of the Future: Return of the Joker (US title, Batman Beyond.)?

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:15
Sounds interesting, especially about it being the only episode to feature blood. Have you ever seen Batman of the Future: Return of the Joker (US title, Batman Beyond.)?

Only the cut version. Very good though :tmb: .

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:17
I've seen both the cut version and the uncut version. The uncut version was so much more violent and made The Joker look like a truly horrible person.

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:18
I've seen both the cut version and the uncut version. The uncut version was so much more violent and made The Joker look like a truly horrible person.

He's really horrible in the comics. Could you please tell me (but put in a spoiler warning for other people) what he does?

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:19
SPOILER:

He tied Robin to a chair and electrocuted him.

More info HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Beyond:_Return_of_the_Joker)

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:21
Woah! What else happens?

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:22
He stabs Batman in the leg!!!!!!!

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:22
He stabs Batman in the leg!!!!!!!

Woah! Anything else?

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:24
He kills a man with laughing glass and asks two girls to 'Take out the trash.'

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:24
He kills a man with laughing glass and asks two girls to 'Take out the trash.'

Could you tell me most of the plot please? :D

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:25
Go HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Beyond:_Return_of_the_Joker)

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:27
Or HERE (http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/beyond/backstage/rotjedits/)

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:36
Go HERE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Beyond:_Return_of_the_Joker)

That's a whole lot of changes. It truly shows how insane Joker was.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:38
Yep.

Have you seen Batman Forever?

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:46
Yep.

Have you seen Batman Forever?

I've seen Batman Forever.

About Return of the Joker: I've seen it on Toonami, and I think it was an edited version of the uncut version. I'm sure I've heard some of the lines like "We buried the Joker deep beneath Arkham..." and I think (SPOILER) Tim just shot Joker. Joker didn't slip.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:51
The version on Toonami is UNCUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

But have you seen the uncut Batman Forever?

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:53
The version on Toonami is UNCUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

But have you seen the uncut Batman Forever?

I've not seen the uncut Batman Forever. I never knew there was one. What happens?

I don't think the Toonami version showed (Spoiler)Batman getting stabbed. Also, Harley is in blue and lavender.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:55
Wasn't the blue and lavender Harley the one in the uncut version?

The only uncut print of Batman Forever is on the 2-disc special edition released last year. I'll post a link in a min . ..

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 12:56
Wasn't the blue and lavender Harley the one in the uncut version?

That's what I meant. That's one of the reasons I wondered if Toonami showed the Uncut version.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 12:57
A shot of a cutting torch being picked up just after the main logo is missing.
Two Face's reply after the guard says “You said you'd let me live” is missing Nothing better than live bait to trap a bat!
After the “punctual funeral” line, Two Face shouting Kill the Bat! has been removed from the soundtrack and replaced with music and guards grunting
When the elevator dings just before Batman exits, Two Face’ shout of “Blast him!” is not present in the UK version.
The fight outside the elevator has lost a lot of sound effects, as well as a sequence where Batman drops his leg sharply onto a thug’s chest, complete with a loud thud
Batman delivering a backward headbutt and breaking a thug’s nose in extreme close-up has been removed
Close-ups of kicks to midriffs and faces are also missing
Two Face’ lines in the helicopter about the acid have been removed
In the sequence where the helicopter pilot is killed, Two Face emptying an entire clip into the helicopter pilot has been trimmed, along with shots showing the bullets riddling the pilot’s body from the front. The cut UK version has only three shots fired, and the pilot is shown slumping from behind
The death of Nygma’s boss does not show him stopping on the window ledge, and hanging in terror, before Nygma runs over and says Fred, babe! You are fired! Or should I say...terminated? With this, he pulls the hat off him and he falls down, but this is all cut from the UK print
Two Face’ line in the circus big top is cut from the UK version – Our new act for your personal amazement; we call it - Massacre Under The Big Top!
A shot of Nygma laughing at the above line is also missing
When the Mayor asks what Two Face wants at the circus, his reply is shortened from Batman. Bruised, broken, bleeding. In a word, dead! to simply Batman
The UK version is missing the sequence where Bruce Wayne kills one guard on the right side of the big drum by coming up behind him, breaking his neck, and smacking him in the face as he falls
When Two Face flips his coin before killing the Graysons, after his evil laugh he goes on to say Their kind of day, which is missing in the UK version
As the bomb is raised through the roof of the circus, a quick sequence of Bruce flipping a guard over and kicking him hard in the gut is missing
When Two Face accidentally kills two of his men in the car, their screams have been cut short in the UK version, and a shot of the driver’s terrified face has been removed
The fight at Nygma’s party loses some impact sounds
Shortly after this, Batman makes a guard do the splits and another crack accompanies this, but the sound has virtually been eliminated from the soundtrack
A small crack has been greatly reduced in volume as Batman twists a thug’s arm backwards
Robin throwing Two Face a vicious headbutts after the line, “This is for me!” has been replaced in the UK version, by removing the punch Robin throws after he says This is for my brother! and reinserting in place of the headbutt

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 13:00
How come the UK version of Batman Forever has been cut so much?

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 13:01
I think it was so it could get a PG rating.

The uncut version is now a 12.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 13:09
I'm going now. Bye . . .

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 13:19
I'm going now. Bye . . .

Bye :wve: .

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 15:19
I'm back.

Has anybody seen the 1966 Batman film?

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 17:24
Alive and Funky, I need you!!

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 20:44
I'm back.

Has anybody seen the 1966 Batman film?

The Burt Ward and Adam West one? Yeah, I've seen it.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 20:45
Good, isn't it?

Elysia
08-07-06, 20:47
Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na naaaaa BATMAAAAAAN!

Sorry...... couldn't resist!

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 20:49
Everyone, sing along!!!

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na BATMAAAAAAANNN!!!

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 20:49
Good, isn't it?

Very camp, but the boat fight ruled! I can't remember much else though apart from Batman struggling to get rid of a bomb :vlol: . It was hilarious!

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na naaaaa BATMAAAAAAN!

Sorry...... couldn't resist!

LOL

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 20:50
Yes, it was very camp, but also very good!!! I've seen the 60's TV series too.

Elysia
08-07-06, 20:52
Very camp, but the boat fight ruled! I can't remember much else though apart from Batman struggling to get rid of a bomb :vlol: . It was hilarious!
CAMP?!? Adam West was the epitome of manliness in his figure hugging grey suit, and his relationship with Robin was purely platonic!!

( :pi: Yeah, riiiiiiiight...)

Love '60's Batman! 'Don't forget to use your nails, boys!!'

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 20:52
I loved it when he ran up and down the road with the comic-book-style bomb! :D

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 20:53
Yes, it was very camp, but also very good!!! I've seen the 60's TV series too.

I remember when I was really young, I loved watching it on Channel 4. I actually prefered it to the animated series :yik: . A very different, but good take on Batman.

What do you think of "The Batman" cartoon? I think it's terrible.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 20:54
It's not bad, but not really faithful to the true spirit of Batman. What have they done to the Joker??? Of course, I've only seen about three episodes.

TombRaiderLover
08-07-06, 20:58
I'm sorry, my Bat children, but I'm leaving now. *steps into the darkness with cape flowing in the wind.*

Elysia
08-07-06, 20:59
I remember when I was really young, I loved watching it on Channel 4. I actually prefered it to the animated series :yik: . A very different, but good take on Batman.

The Dark Knight Returns? That ruled...

Alive_and_Funky
08-07-06, 20:59
It's not bad, but not really faithful to the true spirit of Batman. What have they done to the Joker??? Of course, I've only seen about three episodes.

I wondered what was up with The Joker as well! What's the deal with his hair?!
One thing I don't like is that Bruce isn't moody (I don't mind in the 60s version though). He just isn't Bruce.
Also, they've brought in Batgirl before Robin!

Edit: Bye TombRaiderLover :wve: .

The Dark Knight Returns? That ruled...

Was it called that? I just remember it as Batman: The Animated Series. Anyway, I prefer that to the 60s' Batman now.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 11:30
I'm back!! Bow down to your Batman King!!!

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 11:41
I'm back!! Bow down to your Batman King!!!

Hello :wve: .

Do you read "Batman Legends"? I get it every month. I've got every issue :D .

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 11:44
No, I don't.

Do you ever visit www.batman-on-film.com ?

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 11:48
No, I don't.

Do you ever visit www.batman-on-film.com ?

I've never heard of the site.

Batman Legends is a UK Batman comic and it features three stories every month. In the past it has featured Batman: Year One, Hush, A Death in the Family, Broken City (I didn't like it), As the Crow Flies (I don't like that one either), The Man Who Laughs and is currently doing War Games.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 11:50
Sounds great!!!!!

You should visit that site, it has everything you need to know about Batman (especially the untitled Begins sequel.)

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 11:54
Cool. It has a section on Animated Batman TV Series :jmp: .

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 11:57
http://www.avforums.com/dvdreviews/images/BatmanAnimated/BatmanAnimatedV4R1_1.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:00
http://www.avforums.com/dvdreviews/images/BatmanAnimated/BatmanAnimatedV4R1_1.jpg

:vlol:

BTW, you know how the first series of that Batman was set in the 50s, well isn't the last series set in present day? I could be wrong.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:01
I'm not sure.

Do you have the 2-disc special editions of the films?

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:02
Do you have the 2-disc special editions of the films?

No. I have Forever and Batman and Robin on VHS and Batman and Returns (normal versions) on DVD.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:04
I have the normal, unspecial versions on DVD, and also . . .

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000A8NYSM.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1125677631_.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000A8NYSW.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1125677642_.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:06
Those cases are cool :jmp: .

When I was young my big brother had the Batman Returns game on the SNES.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:06
I want to get . . . .

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000A8NYTG.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1125677660_.jpg

I'm not sure if I should get . . .

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000A8NYT6.02._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1125677652_.jpg, because it's a bad film, but I'm interested in the extras.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:07
Those cases are cool :jmp: .

When I was young my big brother had the Batman Returns game on the SNES.
SNES? Is that the sega, because I had Batman Returns on the sega.

I also had Batman and Robin for the playstation.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:17
No. my Bat children have died!!!!

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:17
Have you played any Batman video games? I've played Vengeance (alright), Rise of Sin Tzu (awful) and Begins (good).

EDIT: SNES is the Super Nintendo.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:18
I have played Batman Returns for the Sega (good)

Batman and Robin for the Playstation (alright)

Batman Vengeance for PS2 (great)

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:20
I liked Vengeance's plot turns :D .

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:21
I loved the Joker in it!!!!

You need the special edition: CLICK HERE (http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews7/batmanreturns.htm)

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:25
Remember when Penguin bit that guy's nose in Returns? That scared the life out of me!

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:26
Penguin: Relax, could be worse, my nose could be gushing with blood!!!! Ha, ha, ha!!!

Man: Your nose could be . . . what do you mean by- aghhhhhh!!!

CLICK HERE (http://web12.dvd2web.de/batman/batman.htm) FOR BATMAN 89 DVD COMPARISON

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:30
This is the comic I get: http://www.paninicomics.co.uk/CollanaNews.jsp?Action=Carica&Id=30

I don't have the latest issue.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:31
Whoa, it looks great!!!!

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:32
Have you heard about any of the deleted scenes in Batman or Batman Returns?

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:34
Whoa, it looks great!!!!

It is :jmp: .

I recommend these Batman stories:

Batman: Year One

Hush

War Games

EDIT: I've not heard of the deleted scenes.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:37
Do you have this brilliant book???? I do!!!!!!!!!

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/1c/5d/90f0b340dca0e7b75a974010.L.jpg

There is a deleted scene in Batman Return where Selian (aka Catwoman) removes her bandage and puts blood in Shreck's coffee.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:38
Do you have this brilliant book???? I do!!!!!!!!!

http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/1c/5d/90f0b340dca0e7b75a974010.L.jpg

No. Where did you get it from?

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:40
I think my mum and dad got it from a market years ago.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:40
What is it about?

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:41
Batman collectables, like toys, costumes, comics, etc. It's a very big book.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:42
Batman collectables, like toys, costumes, comics, etc. It's a very big book.

Cool! Does it have the toy Batmobile from the 60s TV show? My dad said he had that when he was young.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:43
Probably. It shows you bits from comics too.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 12:46
I have to go, my Batty friend. :)

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:47
Have you got any Batman action figures? I have some from the 90s animated series, I have two Batman and Robin movie twin-packs (Batman V Bane and Robin V Poison Ivy), Batman and Robin movie Batmobile, Batman Begins Batman figure (donning the actual costume he wears in the movie), a Batman V Joker twin-pack (I got my first Joker figure last year :yik:) and the Batman Begins Batmobile.
I picked up the Batman Begins Batmobile last year in clearance. RRP was £29.99 but I got it for £7.50 :yik: !

EDIT: Bye :wve: .

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 14:39
Booo!!!!!

Yes, I have loads of action figures.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 14:42
I remember when I got my first Batmobile (the animated series one). Once I rammed it into a sofa and a wheel flew off.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 14:43
Oopsie . . . .

I watched more of the animated series today. It was 'Heart of Clay.'

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 14:49
I watched more of the animated series today. It was 'Heart of Clay.'

Is that when Clayface comes into it? I remember when I watched that episode when I was four years old.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 14:50
Yep, it's the one with ClayFace.

I'll be back in 30 mins, eating tea.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 14:51
Yep, it's the one with ClayFace.

I'll be back in 30 mins, eating tea.

Bye :wve: .

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:12
Discuss Batman here.

Discuss Batman Begins. Discuss the untitled sequel. Discuss the previous films.

Discuss the cartoons.

Discuss the comics.

Discuss the video games.

Welcome to the General Batman Thread for fans to discuss the greatest superhero of all time. :)

He can't really be defined as a superhero. He doesn't have any super-powers! He just a human being dressed up as a bat with fancy gadgets.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:13
He can't really be defined as a superhero. He doesn't have any super-powers! He just a human being dressed up as a bat with fancy gadgets.

I still see him as a superhero. He is a hero, but not like your everyday hero that you see on the news in real-life. Therefore, I see him as a superhero.

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:16
I would define him just as a regular hero. Not super.

Well...you never know. I could dress up like Batman and save people....that's if i wanted to. :p

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:17
I would define him just as a regular hero. Not super.

Well...you never know. I could dress up like Batman and save people....that's if i wanted to. :p

And if you had the money to make batarangs, grapples etc. :p

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:18
Lmao, yeah. I could try making them myself, but not really sure how good that'd work out. :D

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:20
Lmao, yeah. I could try making them myself, but not really sure how good that'd work out. :D

Here's what will happen:

Hybrid stands on a rooftop and fires his grapple at another building. He jumps off the building, trying to swing to the one he aimed at. Grapple can't support weight, Hybrid starts to plummet whilst screaming, "Oh :cen: !" :p

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:22
Haha, well, i don't really think weight would be a big problem. I'm actually skinny. I'm about 110 pounds. :ton:

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:23
Another situation:

Hybrid tries to foil a mugging. Mugger aims gun and shoots at Hybrid. Hybrid hasn't got a bullet-proof vest. 'Nuff said.

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:26
Hahah. Why do you put me in situations where i'm most likely to die!?

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:28
Hahah. Why do you put me in situations where i'm most likely to die!?

To make my point that not anyone can be Batman. When I was younger I wanted to be Spider-man. I thought that I'd only need a costume, suction cups and one of those toy web blasters :vlol: .

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:32
To make my point that not anyone can be Batman. When I was younger I wanted to be Spider-man. I thought that I'd only need a costume, suction cups and one of those toy web blasters :vlol: .

Naahh. I still think anyone could be. :p

Those web blasters were so cool!

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:34
Naahh. I still think anyone could be. :p

Those web blasters were so cool!

I never had one. They won't support your weight though.

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:43
Yeah, i don't think they would. Too bad though! That would be amazing.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:47
That reminds me, when I was four or five I used to have a Batman costume. The ears never stayed straight though, they always flopped over.
I also used to have a Spider-man costume.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 15:48
Wait for five minutes. Just making another thread.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 15:49

Okay.

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:50
That reminds me, when I was four or five I used to have a Batman costume. The ears never stayed straight though, they always flopped over.
I also used to have a Spider-man costume.

Same here. I had the whole Batman get-up. Mask, cape, costume. Haha, my parents said i used to go out in public with it on. Of course when i was young. :p

Huh?

Legend of Lara
09-07-06, 15:51
Huh?

The General Batman Thread II perhaps? :D

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 15:55
The General Batman Thread II perhaps? :D

Noooooooo.

Only the Spider Man Thread deserves a second thread! I'm waiting for Paperdoll to come online so she see's it. :p

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 16:03
I'm back!

I love Batman!

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 16:07
Have you got any Batman graphic novels?

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 16:08
Yes, Batman: Collected Legends of the Dark Knight and Batman: The Movies, which is the first four films in comic form.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 16:10
The only one I have is Nightwing: Year One. I don't buy many Batman graphic novels incase Batman Legends publishes one I already have.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 16:11
There's alot at my school library, so I might borrow some some time.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 16:19
There's alot at my school library, so I might borrow some some time.

Seriously? That's cool!

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 16:20
Yep!!!! Ha, ha! :p

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 16:25
Do you like Justice League (the cartoon)? I find it a bit boring.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 16:41
I've never seen it, although I know Robin is in it.

Have you ever read 'Batman: A Death in the Family?'

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 16:43
I've never seen it, although I know Robin is in it.

I think you might be thinking of Teen Titans.

Have you ever read 'Batman: A Death in the Family?'

Yeah, I think it is a bit overrated though.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 16:45
Oopsies.

So it's really not that good??? I've never read it, but I know that Robin is killed by the Joker.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 16:47
Oopsies.

So it's really not that good??? I've never read it, but I know that Robin is killed by the Joker.

Don't get me wrong, it is very good. I just feel that it is slightly overrated. It is a must-read though. When Robin is killed the plot is fantastic, it's everything that happens before it I'm not too keen on.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 17:02
Poor Robin. :(

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 17:10
The Spiderman thread has taken over!!! Nooooooo . . . . .

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 17:17
Poor Robin. :(

He got killed off because some fans thought he was a brat.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 17:32
I know, he lost in a vote.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 17:34
I know, he lost in a vote.

Funny way to decide someone's fate :vlol: . I think he lost by about 14 votes.

Hybrid Soldier
09-07-06, 17:52
The Spiderman thread has taken over!!! Nooooooo . . . . .

w00t.

*webs all Batman fans*

*swings off*

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 19:55
Don't squirt me with that web again!!!!

*throws batarang at Hybrid Soldier, who lets go of web and falls to the ground*

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 19:56
Don't squirt me with that web again!!!!

*throws batarang at Hybrid Soldier, who lets go of web and falls to the ground*

Yay! :yah:

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:05
Ha, ha, Batman rules!!!

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:07
Who is your fave Batman Villian? Mine is The Joker. Also, do you know what he does to Batgirl in the comics?

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:10
Mine's The Joker too!!
OMG, what does he do to Batgirl??????? This sounds interesting *gets popcorn*

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:13
Mine's The Joker too!!
OMG, what does he do to Batgirl??????? This sounds interesting *gets popcorn*

He shoots her - when she isn't in the Batgirl costume (I don't think he knows she is Batgirl) - and the bullet gets to her spine. It paralyses her :yik: .
Also, Joker sends pictures (of what he's done) to Commissioner Gordon.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:14
Oh no!!!!!!!!! :(

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:15
I looked it up on the internet. Apparently it takes place in 'The Killing Joke.'

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:16
Oh no!!!!!!!!! :(

Batgirl still wants to help Batman out though. She becomes Oracle and she talks to Batman via a headset or something.
Also, someone called Cassandra Cain becomes the second Batgirl.

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot where it took place. I've not read it yet.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:18
I remember reading Batman: No Man's Land, where a wheelchair-bound woman named Oracle, who apparently was once Batgirl, still helps Batman. I can remember hearing that the Joker shot her. I knew it sounded familiar.

The Joker is a real sicko sometimes!!!! Especially when he tied Robin down and shocked him with the voltage tongs on the barbeque in Return of the Joker.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:19
http://www.haotu.cn/0815/day/200508/030/QMan_SH_BM_2171_Killing_Joke.jpg

Pic after Joker shot her.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:20
COMIC STRIP (http://www.legionsofgotham.org/COMICSkillingjokeBabs.jpg) OF JOKER SHOOTING HER

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:21
I remember reading Batman: No Man's Land, where a wheelchair-bound woman named Oracle, who apparently was once Batgirl, still helps Batman. I can remember hearing that the Joker shot her. I knew it sounded familiar.

The Joker is a real sicko sometimes!!!! Especially when he tied Robin down and shocked him with the voltage tongs on the barbeque in Return of the Joker.

Don't forget when he beat up Jason Todd with a crowbar and left him to get blown up!

Yup, he's a sicko alright.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:21
OMG, what the hell is THIS? (http://www.navpurewal.com/blog/arkham.jpg)

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:22
OMG, what the hell is THIS? (http://www.navpurewal.com/blog/arkham.jpg)

What is it? I've not checked it out yet.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:22
Don't forget when he beat up Jason Todd with a crowbar and left him to get blown up!

Yup, he's a sicko alright.
Oh yeah, in A Death in the Family. He is by far the most sick villain in the Batman comics/films.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:23
What is it? I've not checked it out yet.
A pic of the Joker. He has blood all over his face, I think.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:23
Oh yeah, in A Death in the Family. He is by far the most sick villain in the Batman comics/films.

I think he's the sickest supervillain I've ever seen.

That's an odd picture.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:24
I think he's the sickest supervillain I've ever seen.

So, what's on that link?
Read my other post.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:24
Read my other post.

I have now.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:25
He looks even scarier in my Batman Collected book. He has rotten teeth and either lots of blood on his lips or too much lipstick.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:27
He looks even scarier in my Batman Collected book. He has rotten teeth and either lots of blood on his lips or too much lipstick.

Perhaps from when he fell into the vat of chemicals?

BTW, did you hear about a picture in an art gallery that got taken down because DC Comics complained? The picture featured Batman snogging Nightwing :vlol: .

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:28
No, I haven't heard about it!!! OMG, I'm looking it up on the internet. :vlol: I don't know alot about Nightwing.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:30
I couldn't find it. I had a caption planned. :(

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:31
You probably know this but Nightwing is Dick Grayson. I like Nightwing.

When I started reading Batman Legends a few years ago I was really surprised. I'd never heard of Jason Todd before and I thought Oracle was the Batcomputer :vlol: . I also wondered who Huntress was. I really like "Hush". I think it's a great story.

EDIT: What caption? :jmp:

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:33
Yep, I knew Nightwing was Dick Grayson.

My caption was going to be:

Batman: You kiss so much better than the new Robin!
Nightwing: You kiss so much better than Alfred!

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:35
I've found it: http://www.frankdecaro.com/recipes/photos/batman-and-robin/Batman-Kiss2.jpg

EDIT: And another: http://www.frankdecaro.com/recipes/photos/batman-and-robin/Batman%20&%20Robin%20Kiss%20Crop.jpg

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:36
That's Robin (before he became Nightwing.)

Do you look this picture of BATDOOOOGGGGGGG!!!!!!

http://www.vaat.org.au/images/funny_pics/funny%20pic%20batman's%20pet%20dog.jpg

edit: igonre this post!!!!!

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:37
That's Robin (before he became Nightwing.)

Do you like this picture of BATDOOOOGGGGGGG!!!!!!

http://www.vaat.org.au/images/funny_pics/funny%20pic%20batman's%20pet%20dog.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:38
This is the actual one: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gaycitynews.com/gcn_434/robin.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.gaycitynews.com/gcn_434/newsbriefs.html&h=104&w=124&sz=12&hl=en&start=159&tbnid=sw99F4Nxcps88M:&tbnh=75&tbnw=90&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBatman%2BKiss%26start%3D140%26ndsp%3D 20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLR,GGL R:2006-04,GGLR:en%26sa%3DN

I hadn't seen the pic, it was in the news. My sister told me about it.

LMAO at Batdog :vlol: .

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:40
Na, na, na, na, batdog!!!!!!

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:42
Do you like Tim Drake? I think he is cool.

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:44
He's OK.

Get ready for BATCAT!!!!

http://www.sandman-uk.com/b3ta/batcat.jpg

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:45
He's OK.

Get ready for BATCAT!!!!

http://www.sandman-uk.com/b3ta/batcat.jpg

:vlol:

Anyway, there's a whole article about the snog picture here: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gaycitynews.com/gcn_434/robin.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.gaycitynews.com/gcn_434/newsbriefs.html&h=104&w=124&sz=12&hl=en&start=159&tbnid=sw99F4Nxcps88M:&tbnh=75&tbnw=90&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBatman%2BKiss%26start%3D140%26ndsp%3D 20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLR,GGL R:2006-04,GGLR:en%26sa%3DN

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:47
Well, the comics have always been controversial for gay undertones.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:50
Well, the comics have always been controversial for gay undertones.

Why, what else has happened?

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:52
Psychologist Fredric Wertham's general assertion in his 1954 book Seduction of the Innocent is that readers imitated crimes committed in comic books, and that these works corrupt the morals of the youth. The most notorious charge in the book, however, is leveled at Batman, in a four-page polemic claiming that Batman and Robin are gay. "They live in sumptuous quarters, with beautiful flowers in large vases, and have a butler," Wertham wrote. "It is like a wish dream of two homosexuals living together." Wertham asserted, "the Batman type of story may stimulate children to homosexual fantasies."

Wertham became aware of this alternative reading through his conversations with fans of Batman in the fifties, who brought the comic book to his attention as an example of the idealization of a "homosexual lifestyle." Burt Ward has also remarked upon this interpretation, in his autobiography Boy Wonder: My Life in Tights noting the relationship could be interpreted as a sexual one, with the show's double entendres and lavish camp also possibly offering ambiguous interpretation. This is despite the fact that the TV series was an attempt at a tamer version of Batman which tried to be less violent than the comic series — one of Wertham's arguments against comics.

The fact that the original Robin costume is made up of tiny green shorts and pixie boots also lead to some homosexual suggestions; however, Robin's costume was designed in the late 1930's, and he was meant to appeal to children as a colorful, fun character in contrast to the darker Batman. The current Robin dresses in a more modern costume that is not as skimpy as the original design.

Bat-girl, from Batman #144 (December 1961). Story by Bill Finger, art by Sheldon Moldoff.Despite the lack of any concrete cause-and-effect link between reading comics and "deviance", these suggestions raised a public outcry during the 1950s, eventually leading to the establishment of the Comics Code Authority. It has also been suggested by scholars that the characters of Batwoman (in 1956) and Bat-Girl (in 1961) were introduced in part to refute the allegation that Batman and Robin were gay, and the stories took on a campier, lighter feel.

Commenting on homosexual interpretations of Batman, writer Alan Grant has stated, "The Batman I wrote for 13 years isn't gay. Denny O'Neil's Batman, Marv Wolfman's Batman, everybody's Batman all the way back to Bob Kane... none of them wrote him as a gay character. Only Joel Schumacher might have had an opposing view." Devin Grayson has commented, "It depends who you ask, doesn't it? Since you're asking me, I'll say no, I don't think he is ... I certainly understand the gay readings, though."

While changing morals have made the issue less important today, popular culture and a number of artists continue to play off the homosexual connotation of the Batman-Robin relationship against the wishes of the publisher. One notable example occurred in 2000, when DC Comics refused to allow permission for the reprinting of four panels (from Batman issues 79, 92, 105 and 139) to illustrate Christopher York's paper All in the family: Homophobia and Batman Comics in the 1950s Another happened in the summer of 2005, when painter Mark Chamberlain displayed a number of watercolors depicting both Batman and Robin in suggestive poses. DC threatened both artist and gallery with legal action if they did not cease selling the works and demanded all remaining art, as well as any profits derived from then.

From Justice League of America #44, published in 1966. Story by Gardner Fox, pencils by Mike Sekowsky.Most recently, George Clooney said in an interview with Barbara Walters that in Batman & Robin he played Batman as gay. "I was in a rubber suit and I had rubber nipples. I could have played Batman straight, but I made him gay." Barbara Walters after laughing then asked, "George, is Batman gay?" To which he responded, "No, but I made him gay."

Batman, both as a superhero and in his identity as Bruce Wayne, has been portrayed throughout his years in comics and other media as not only heterosexual, but also as having enjoyed a number of romantic relationships with women, and his encounters with his female adversaries have also occasionally used sexual tension to add to the narrative. While it remains possible, through deconstruction and re-interpretation, to view these actions as a means by which Batman is deluding himself about his own homosexuality, the gay interpretation of Batman and Robin is ultimately subjective and not intended by creators in most contexts.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:56
What I find funny is that Robin is Batman's ward (kind of like adopted son), not his boyfriend :vlol: .

TombRaiderLover
09-07-06, 20:57
I have to go.

Keep the Batman thread active, if possible.

Goodbye, this has been an interesting discussion. :D

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 20:58
I have to go.

Keep the Batman thread active, if possible.

Goodbye, this has been an interesting discussion. :D

Very interesting LOL. Bye :wve: .

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 06:29
I'm back, Batman fans.

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 13:55
Has anybody seen Batman: Mask of the Phantasm?

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 15:08
Has anybody seen Batman: Mask of the Phantasm?

I have.

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 18:15
Great, isn't it?

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 18:17
Great, isn't it?

Yep, I can't remember much though.

BTW, I picked up the latest issue of Batman Legends today. I've not read it yet.

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:09
Somebody in my school was drawing the bat logo on the back of the French book today. :D

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:19
Somebody in my school was drawing the bat logo on the back of the French book today. :D

Nice :tmb: . I've lost count of the times I've drawn that logo.

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:21
I don't know anyone who has never heard of Batman.

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:22
I don't know anyone who has never heard of Batman.

Neither have I. Same goes for Spider-man, Superman and David Beckham :p .

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:25
Yeah, I agree! :D My sister is getting her own account, finally!!!!!!

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:27
Yeah, I agree! :D My sister is getting her own account, finally!!!!!!

Cool :tmb: . When is she getting it? BTW, does she like Batman too?

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:28
She sort of does, I think. She is going to be pinklaralover, and we're waiting for an e-mail.

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:29
She sort of does, I think. She is going to be pinklaralover, and we're waiting for an e-mail.

I don't think it takes long for the e-mail to come through.

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:31
We've been waiting for about three minutes.

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:32
Will she be getting an avatar?

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:33
She's really excited about it. She wants to get one of a big pink heart!

Anyway, back to topic. I'm planning on getting a Batman avatar in a few days/

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:34
I was just wondering why I haven't seen you with a Batman avatar too.

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:43
My sister is an official member!!!

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:46
My sister is an official member!!!

Brill :tmb: .

TombRaiderLover
10-07-06, 20:49
Have you ever had a Batman avatar?

Oh, if you want to talk to my sis, go to the new member forum thingy.

Alive_and_Funky
10-07-06, 20:50
Have you ever had a Batman avatar?

Oh, if you want to talk to my sis, go to the new member forum thingy.

Nope. I've had a Lara one and now I have my current one.

Hybrid Soldier
10-07-06, 22:37
Batman is being pwned!....

By Spider-Man. ;) :p

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 06:46
Noooooooooooo . . . .

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 13:59
Who prefers Batman over Spiderman?

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-06, 14:01
Who prefers Batman over Spiderman?

I do. I used to prefer Spider-man, but then I started reading Batman Legends a few years ago and Batman is now my favourite. I still think Spidey is cool though.

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:04
You used to think . . . *faints*

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-06, 14:05
You used to think . . . *faints*

I'm older now, so I know better :D .

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:07
Good, but just curious . . . how old are you, anyway?

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-06, 14:08
Good, but just curious . . . how old are you, anyway?

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:09
Oh. I'm 12.

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:10
I hate now people think of the Batman films as just silly, babyish kid's films.

Oh, I'll continue this in a few minutes. I'm picking my sister up from school.

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-06, 14:11
Something I find funny is that when I used to go on the internet everyone would be older than me, but here I've met a lot of people that are younger than myself.

Batman, babyish? :vlol: That's funny.

I'll talk to you in a bit then :) .

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:23
I'm back.

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:24
I prefer Batman. He's darker, faster, stronger. (Tagline for Shadow the Hedgehog LOL)

Alive_and_Funky
I'm back.

Welcome back :wve: .

TombRaiderLover
Anyway, I think the Batman films are very dark and mature (well, at least Batman 89, Batman Returns and Begins), and they definitely separate themselves from other superhero films stucked with non-stop, boring action and big-budget special effects.

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:26
Batman & Robin is very dark, mature and cool. That's how an idiot would talk.
Batman & Robin sucks. That's more like it. :D

Alive_and_Funky
I prefer Batman. He's darker, faster, stronger. (Tagline for Shadow the Hedgehog LOL)

Well, I'd say that Batman was darker, but I don't think he's faster and stronger. I doubt Batman could pick up a car :p .

Legend of Lara
Well, I'd say that Batman was darker, but I don't think he's faster and stronger. I doubt Batman could pick up a car :p .

I thought the same thing. But hey, The Shadow tagline. :D

pinklaralover
11-07-06, 14:28
HIYA LEGEND OF LARA, AND ALIVE AND FUNKY ME AND ME BRO ARE ONLINE!
u should see the avatar i want its ace, o were tlking bout batman great...*sarcastic*:cln:

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:29
*in immature tone* Yes. "Batan" is very kewl and all. :rolleyes:

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:29
Oh great, my sister is online. *sarcastic* :p I'm expecting a debate on whether Batman is actually any good or not.

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:30
Oh great, my sister is online. *sarcastic* :p I'm expecting a debate on whether Batman is actually any good or not.

Expect this-
Good- 100%
Bad- 0%
True!

pinklaralover
shut up bro! :ton:

*whispers:* god wot a boob!

Hybrid Soldier

Lmao. I know the answer to that question! :p

Alive_and_Funky

I say...

BATMAN IS VERY GOOD!

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:32
Oh no, Hybrid Soldier!!! I sense a debate on whether Batman or Spiderman is better!!!

Oh, and Sav (pinklaralover), go away!!! :p

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:32
Have you guys seen Batman Forever? It was ace but not as good as Begins.

pinklaralover
11-07-06, 14:33
Oh no, Hybrid Soldier!!! I sense a debate on whether Batman or Spiderman is better!!!

Oh, and Sav (pinklaralover), go away!!! :p

OMG! I HATE...I MEAN HATE!!...spiderman!

and shut up dale lmao,pmsl...lol

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:33
I like Batman Forever. :)

I want to see the uncut version.

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-06, 14:34
Have you guys seen Batman Forever? It was ace but not as good as Begins.

I've seen Forever and a bit of Begins.

I do like Forever, but I prefer Batman and Batman Returns.

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:35

Go easy on the chatroom slang here. LOL ZOMFG OMG LMAO is for special purposes only. Now lamo on the other hand... best typo ever!

pinklaralover
I say...

BATMAN IS VERY GOOD!

i find it alright, but em.....i got to say....I GOTTA WATCH GREASE...ITS BRILLIANT!!! who agrees?

Hybrid Soldier

I'm guessing it's because he's too good for any of you Batman fans to handle. I know...it's hard to admit Spider Man is amazing, but one day you all will agree.

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:36
i find it alright, but em.....i got to say....I GOTTA WATCH GREASE...ITS BRILLIANT!!! who agrees?

GREASE? Ugh... the cheesy movie of cheesy cheese!!! X__X

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:36
I'll attack you with my batarang, HybirdSoldier!!!

And Sav, Grease is rubbish!!! :p So cheesy.

Hybrid Soldier
11-07-06, 14:39
I'll attack you with my batarang, HybirdSoldier!!!

And Sav, Grease is rubbish!!! :p So cheesy.

You can try. I have Spider-Sense. :)

pinklaralover
11-07-06, 14:39
mmmmmmmmmmmmm....Ok, im trying to be like my brother, by doing CAPITALS!! And, full stops.....and not doindg the text language lol
o no.....i am saying da text language i cnt help myself aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:40
mmmmmmmmmmmmm....Ok, im trying to be like my brother, by doing CAPITALS!! And, full stops.....and not doindg the text language lol
o no.....i am saying da text language i cnt help myself aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

STOP SPAMMING THE THREAD FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!! :hea:

TombRaiderLover
11-07-06, 14:41
I can trust you to go off-topic, Sav. :rolleyes:

Spider-sense, hey!!! Well, I've got Robin and Batgirl. Come on!!!

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-06, 14:41
I'm guessing it's because he's too good for any of you Batman fans to handle. I know...it's hard to admit Spider Man is amazing, but one day you all will agree.

Perhaps if in Batman stories they start to bring everyone back who they kill off back from the dead, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Aunt May died, then it turned out it was an alien in disguise or something and Aunt May is still alive.
Peter's parents return, but it turns out they are actually robots and not really his mum and dad.

Legend of Lara
11-07-06, 14:42
Aunt May died, then it turned out it was an alien in disguise or something and Aunt May is still alive.
Peter's parents return, but it turns out they are actually robots and not really his mum and dad.

Who writes this crap?!?

Hybrid Soldier
11-07-06, 14:43
Perhaps if in Batman stories they start to bring everyone back who they kill off back from the dead, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

So, they didn't really come back from the dead. :)

No, not all stories are like that. Gwen Stacy dies, Norman Osborn dies, etc. It just happens to be in different comics that they seem to come back. USM, Amazing Spider Man, Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man, and all the other ones.

I can trust you to go off-topic, Sav. :rolleyes:

Spider-sense, hey!!! Well, I've got Robin and Batgirl. Come on!!!

Bring it on! :p

Alive_and_Funky
11-07-06, 14:44
So, they didn't really come back from the dead. :)

No, not all stories are like that. Gwen Stacy dies, Norman Osborn dies, etc. It just happens to be in different comics that they seem to come back. USM, Amazing Spider Man, Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man, and all the other ones.

I think Norman did actually return at some point.