PDA

View Full Version : OMG my older sister signed me up for c++ ATARI lessons

abraham
09-07-06, 11:12
OMG im soo scared i do not want to go, but its july 30th i think and im doing c++ gaming lessons and i want to start learning NOW,i do not know nothing ,soo scared i do not want to go she said she pay 300$ for the lessons,OMG ITS ATARI AND I BET THER BE ALOT OF SMART AS DUDES THEIR THAT MAKE FUN OF ME:(

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 11:13
I think that's a good thing, or do you mean learning how to play Atari games?

Night Crawler
09-07-06, 11:22
You're having lessons on how to play games? :vlol:

scion05
09-07-06, 11:23
maybe its game making :whi:

Cochrane
09-07-06, 11:42
It is about game making. Do you have any previous knowledge in any programming language (things like PHP, Javascript or any BASIC variant count, too)? Then you should have no problems. If you don't have any idea of these, you might want to gooogle for a short tutorial on these things and play around a little. Once you have the basic idea and know what an if is, or how a loop works, you already got 80% of what's going to make your game.

In my humble opinion, C++ is a damn confusing language (side effects of just having a variable declaredů), but I don't think they will start with the difficult stuff right at the beginning.

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 11:43
Learning how to make games? That's cool.

jarhead
09-07-06, 11:45
yer, its sought after and you'll have a laugh.

abraham
09-07-06, 11:48
omg,i have these ebooks of visual c++ going to check it out.

Tomb of Legends
09-07-06, 12:01
ATARI? I wouldnt work for them if my life depended on it! Um do anyone remember what they did to us Aussies? Well if not let me remind you that they delayed TRL badly for us! :( Screw them!

Can someone explain what C++ is for me? :wve::)

Alive_and_Funky
09-07-06, 12:05
Atari Fact

Atari published the PAL version of The Matrix: Path of Neo.

Cochrane
09-07-06, 12:31
Can someone explain what C++ is for me? :wve::)

C++ is a programming language, which means it's a way to write instructions for computers to process. It is a high-level language, which means one doesn't write instructions that the computer can directly process, instead it offers many features that a compiler will translate into appropriate computer language.

C++ is a very popular choice, it is not the most popular one, but it is the one that most experts prefer. Almost all 3D computer games, especially those with any importance, are written using C++. It is based on one of the other most influential languages, C. It has many very difficult-to-use features, but those also make it a very flexible and powerful tool for programmers.

Tomb of Legends
09-07-06, 12:36
Ah, not the sort of thing I thought, thanks ;)

jamieoliver22
09-07-06, 20:34
ATARI? I wouldnt work for them if my life depended on it! Um do anyone remember what they did to us Aussies? Well if not let me remind you that they delayed TRL badly for us! :( Screw them

Atari? How the hell was it Atari's fault that TRL was delayed? Have I missed something here?!

And C++ is a great language to learn, I have only done very little of it myself. I can do VisualBasic and PHP, so it helps when learning C++.

Enjoy it anyway and let us know how you go along!

Jamie.

Legend of Lara
09-07-06, 20:54
I'd not be that crazy to work for Atari.
Now Sega on the other hand...

abraham
10-07-06, 07:21
HEY,can you please teach me visual basic jamie:)

god i wish it is visual basic,much eaiser i asume:D