PDA

View Full Version : TRF games forum

illuminati30
27-01-07, 22:33
Ok this is about the games forum, but it does not belong there, as it is not directly about any games in particular.

My point is, as much as I enjoy the games forum, it is very limited. What do I mean by this? In other words, if it is not a game for playstation, nobody is interested. I know fine well this is a Tomb Raider forum, and most people play/played this game on a Sony console, and that is all well and good.

All I am saying is, I urge you people to try something else now and again and perhaps be more neutral. One sidedness can be off putting, often to the point of sickening.

Free your mind! There are so many new and good games out there, but some people are stuck in a rut. The aim of the new forum was to attract more people, and personally I hope this works, because this is a vastly one sided games forum at the moment. Anything posted which is Xbox, Xbox 360, Nintendo, or PC, well nobody is interested, but people want to talk about silent hill and grand theft auto until they are blue in the face.

MiCkiZ88
27-01-07, 22:40
I've noticed this aswell.. but what can you do? Most of the stubborn ones are teen age fanboys. There's no changing of their mind unless you make them ( in this case, play ) do something else than they've used to. I used to hate xbox just because it was a products of microsoft. But eventually everything changed when I broadened my gamplay experience. Now nothing can keep me away from nintendo, sony or xbox :D

I see what you are aiming at and I agree completely with you. though the same thing goes with xbox fans.. Bash bash bash. So the change should be mutual. Although it could be seen as a defence since sony fanboys bash the other consoles. But ofcourse you can't force anyone to like something.

jamieoliver22
27-01-07, 22:40
Ay?

illuminati30
27-01-07, 22:43
Ay?

:confused:

Jacob x5
27-01-07, 22:46
I agree. I don't think the video games forum has been quite as successful as it could have been.

illuminati30
27-01-07, 22:47
I've noticed this aswell.. but what can you do? Most of the stubborn ones are teen age fanboys. There's no changing of their mind unless you make them ( in this case, play ) do something else than they've used to. I used to hate xbox just because it was a products of microsoft. But eventually everything changed when I broadened my gamplay experience. Now nothing can keep me away from nintendo, sony or xbox :D

I see what you are aiming at and I agree completely with you. though the same thing goes with xbox fans.. Bash bash bash. So the change should be mutual. Although it could be seen as a defence since sony fanboys bash the other consoles. But ofcourse you can't force anyone to like something.

I agree, it would just be nice to have a bit of variety on the game forum. It would be nice to be able to go there, and get sensible, adult like, grown up games advice.

Mad Tony
27-01-07, 22:48
I disagree.
There have been many threads in the video games section that have not been Sony related but have still had big interest.
Take the Elder Scrolls thread or the Knights of The Old Republic thread.

viper456
27-01-07, 22:48
i posted a topic about a game called Freedom Force for the PC a while back. No one replied to it and it died a slow painful death, disappearing step by step off the bottom of the page :( lol

its a realyl good game so its your losses not mine as i already have it haha :tea:

Dingaling
27-01-07, 22:49
Silent Hill and GTA are both on Xbox. I know GTA is also on PC and I think Silent Hill is as well. Some bad games to use as an example, people talking about them could come from anywhere! :p. Also a lot of the games on the video games forum are on multiple platforms anyway - Beyond Good and Evil and Rez for example (both great games, go buy them now).

It's all fun and swell to tell people to open up their minds but they may not have the money or the console may not be in stock (hello Wii). Plus y'know, Slient Hill and GTA are games people are interested in and are good games, no wonder people want to talk about them :).

illuminati30
27-01-07, 22:50
I disagree.
There have been many threads in the video games section that have not been Sony related but have still had big interest.
Take the Elder Scrolls thread or the Knights of The Old Republic thread.

I agree with you here, i am not saying always, but most of the time. But seriously, there is no big discussion about any Xbox or Nintendo games, is there really? PC seems to be the bridge of things. Many played TR here, and are exposed to many other games also.

Mad Tony
27-01-07, 22:51
I agree with you here, i am not saying always, but most of the time. But seriously, there is no big discussion about any Xbox or Nintendo games, is there really? PC seems to be the bridge of things. Many played TR here, and are exposed to many other games also.
Well, if there is any Xbox 360 game threads that concern me, I certainly post in them.
But as it is, I don't have that many Xbox 360 games at the present time.

Psyched
27-01-07, 22:52
I can't say I find this to be the case. I don't see any threads about non-PS games that have just simply died - the Zelda thread flourished with over 100 replies.

I think it's not so much a case of people's lack of interest, but rather the lack of oppurtunity to post, as threads are fairly scarce.

MiCkiZ88
27-01-07, 22:52
I agree, it would just be nice to have a bit of variety on the game forum. It would be nice to be able to go there, and get sensible, adult like, grown up games advice.

but that's just the point.. Most of us avoid that section because we know what kind of console bashing there is going on. Always.. heck..ALWAYS in every thread that has a game that is for multiple consoles.. a war starts between the two major camps and nintendo just sits there and watches over the battle..

xMiSsCrOfTx
27-01-07, 23:25
Guys, it's impossible for people to reply to every single thread you create about every single game. Most of the time, many of the members won't have even played the game you're talking about if it's not Grand Theft Auto, TR or Halo. :p If your threads die, don't take it personally.

viper456
27-01-07, 23:54
Guys, it's impossible for people to reply to every single thread you create about every single game. Most of the time, many of the members won't have even played the game you're talking about if it's not Grand Theft Auto, TR or Halo. :p If your threads die, don't take it personally.

uh oooh.

Do you know how i go about getting mail stopped before it reaches its destination?

I have a few death threats i need to intercept :(

haha

Scottlee
27-01-07, 23:54
You guys have got to look at the facts. People only initially register here because they've been playing Tomb Raider. As such, they're either going to be a PSX or a P.C gamer. It's only to be expected the 'video games forum' at TRF will be full of threads about 'other' PSX and P.C games. Not many people I know own both a PS2 and an Xbox, or whatever other consoles are out there.

Even the people who can easily afford to buy ALL the consoles will usually just stick to one (I'm in this category. A PS2 is all I need for my gaming fix). For the most part though, it's just not financially viable to buy two consoles worth £300 each when you know they're going to need to be replaced within two or three years when the next gens hit the market.

Threads live or die depending on whether or not people are interested in them. If nobody has played Rampaging-Super-Marine-Gunman 4 on the Xbox, for example, chances are the thread will crash and burn. That's life, and it's a knock-on effect of Lara's existence being heavily steeped in the Sony world. You'll just have to deal with it.

viper456
27-01-07, 23:55
You guys have got to look at the facts. People only initially register here because they've been playing Tomb Raider. As such, they're either going to be a PSX or a P.C gamer. It's only to be expected the 'video games forum' at TRF will be full of threads about 'other' PSX and P.C games. Not many people I know own both a PS2 and an Xbox, or whatever other consoles are out there.

Even the people who can easily afford to buy ALL the consoles will usually just stick to one (I'm in this category. A PS2 is all I need for my gaming fix). For the most part though, it's just not financially viable to buy two consoles worth 300 each when you know they're going to need to be replaced with two or three years when the next gens hit the market.

Threads live or die depending on whether or not people are interested in them. If nobody has played Rampaging-Super-Marine-Gunman 4 on the Xbox, for example, chances are the thread will crash and burn. That's life, and it's a knock-on effect of Lara's existence being heavily steeped in the Sony world. You'll just have to deal with it.

sounds good! might check it out! lmao! :vlol:

the hooliganz
28-01-07, 04:17
all threads die, if no one replied in it, it means, they know it, dont complain if noone replies to your thread, wait for some time,

illuminati30
28-01-07, 11:38

Perhaps not as future Tomb Raider games will also be on Xbox, so it is more a case of having to deal with change rather than stuck in a rut. The purpose of the games forum, was to attract new members. This should still be it's goal, rather than accepting it can not change, and will always only provide a one sided point of view.

illuminati30
28-01-07, 11:41
This is not a personal issue with me. It is not about any of my threads. I do not go away and cry if any i have made are not replied to or pretty much ignored. I have been around here long enough, and i am old enough to not get upset about such things. I am commenting on the games forum as i see it, and no matter how you want to look at it, or dress it up, the jist of what i am saying is correct and it can not be denied. However, i am confident the forum can reach out to more people in future.

Kamrusepas
28-01-07, 11:56
In other words, if it is not a game for playstation, nobody is interested.

Exactly the opposite for me. I've never owned a gaming console of any kind besides my computer, therefore I don't really care about what's new in console gaming.

I know fine well this is a Tomb Raider forum, and most people play/played this game on a Sony console, and that is all well and good.

Most? What's this assumption based on?