PDA

View Full Version : 3 million ipods shuffle's sold!!!

StUdEnT rAiDeR
28-01-07, 19:45
someone i know works with accounts and she deals with spreadsheets and things like that, she said that got to find out all theese amazing satistics and one of them was that 3 million ipod shuffles have been sold from November to December!!! its quite shocking really, in a good way i mean 3M. and that was only from Dixons! imagine all the other shops selling them too!

scion05
28-01-07, 19:49
Lovely :p
Wrong Forum However >.>

StUdEnT rAiDeR
28-01-07, 19:58
ooo crap, which should it have been in??? its sort of console related...isnt it lol? :)

xMiSsCrOfTx
28-01-07, 20:01
It should be in General Chat. Someone'll come along and move it shortly. :wve:

danitiwa
28-01-07, 20:02
Wow, must have been loads of brats wishing for it for christmas. :p

StUdEnT rAiDeR
28-01-07, 20:05
Wow, must have been loads of brats wishing for it for christmas. :p

brats? oi, i was going to get one lol. Has anyone seen the new little clippy ones i mean they cost 55 and they are 258mb! you cant even see which song you have on, i got a 550mb one with a screen for only 25. I think people are just buying the little horrible looking things because apple is the new trend isnt it .

Mad Tony
28-01-07, 20:08
So you're saying that one branch (Dixons) sold 3 million Ipod Shuffles in one month?
Highly doubt it.
Dixons aren't as big as Comet and Currys etc anyway.

danitiwa
28-01-07, 20:09
I have an iPod Video with 30GB. :D Yes, I am showing off.

StUdEnT rAiDeR
28-01-07, 20:15
So you're saying that one branch (Dixons) sold 3 million Ipod Shuffles in one month?
Highly doubt it.

my freind wouldnt have lied, i was a bit shocked too when i found out but well i guess its true, its not just 1 dixions shop, it must be all of them in the uk, or more... :). well i know its true choose not to belive it if you want. its a bit like that thing where every PS3 sony sell they lose $300. i never thought it was true because they must've lost $40m by now .:)

danitiwa
28-01-07, 20:17
my freind wouldnt have lied, i was a bit shocked too when i found out but well i guess its true, its not just 1 dixions shop, it must be all of them in the uk, or more... :). well i know its true choose not to belive it if you want. its a bit like that thing where every PS3 sony sell they lose $300. i never thought it was true because they must've lost $40m by now .:)

How could they lose $300??? :confused:

Mad Tony
28-01-07, 20:19
Yes, I know it's every Dixons store in the UK.
But Dixons aren't that big anymore. I know loads of Dixons stores that have closed down to make way for other similar stores.

Sorry, but that many for a company like Dixons, all in one month, is highly unlikely. ;)

StUdEnT rAiDeR
28-01-07, 20:19
How could they lose $300??? :confused:

it was mentioned in a topppic somwhere, proved with a website, comparing how much those thinga were worth. its also mentioned in the OPS2 magazine january issue i think (the one with the TR:A page(s))

@Ben: I will check if its dixions but i am sure that it was.

Mad Tony
28-01-07, 20:22
@Ben: I will check if its dixions but i am sure that it was.
Even if it's not Dixons, I still highly doubt that what you said is possible.
I'm not accusing you of lying, you may have been told wrong.

taika
29-01-07, 16:46
Highly doubt it.

I don't know whether i believe it or not, but to back up the OP... it was over christmas time, which is when businesses usually make HALF/3 quarters of their overall profit...

Mad Tony
29-01-07, 17:41
I don't know whether i believe it or not, but to back up the OP... it was over christmas time, which is when businesses usually make HALF/3 quarters of their overall profit...
Still, I find this story highly far-fetched.

Angelus
29-01-07, 17:51
I have an iPod Video with 30GB. :D Yes, I am showing off.

Me too! :D And it's black (the sexy one)