PDA

View Full Version : quick math help.

tombfan91
30-01-07, 01:10
i know i know your probably wondering how many threads i have made of these so far lol. i hope you don't mind me asking for some help.

write slope intercept form
y=mx+b
-3 = (-2)(6) +b
-3 = -12 +b
solve for b.

does anybody know how to solve for b?

bett
30-01-07, 01:37
you have to get the b by its self, since it's -12, you add 12 to each side. b should equal positive 9

CerebralAssassin
30-01-07, 01:41
your (math) threads should be made sticky!!:p

tombfan91
30-01-07, 01:57
you have to get the b by its self, since it's -12, you add 12 to each side. b should equal positive 9

ooo ok thanx i get it now. lol this should be a sticky lol.

Little-Lara
31-01-07, 08:21
your (math) threads should be made sticky!!:p

On a math forum maybe.

Reggie
31-01-07, 11:09
ooo ok thanx i get it now. lol this should be a sticky lol.

Its a shame my old thread with all the resources and stuff geared towards helping people ended up dying so quickly. Anyway, just saying. Good to know you worked it out :)

CerebralAssassin
31-01-07, 22:05
On a math forum maybe.

I was just joking...

Its a shame my old thread with all the resources and stuff geared towards helping people ended up dying so quickly. Anyway, just saying. Good to know you worked it out :)

you made a math thread in here dude?I din't see it..i wouldn't have let it go down so quickly.that's exactly why I don't make too many math threads in here...cause only very few people are gonna open it to begin with?:p

Andromeda66
01-02-07, 04:39
you made a math thread in here dude?I din't see it..i wouldn't have let it go down so quickly.that's exactly why I don't make too many math threads in here...cause only very few people are gonna open it to begin with?:p

A mass homework helpout thread!! :D I wouldn't let it go down either!! :p

CerebralAssassin
01-02-07, 04:54
A mass homework helpout thread!! :D I wouldn't let it go down either!! :p

well,you want to do the honors?:p

Andromeda66
01-02-07, 05:30
I would, but I have a reputation to maintain :p

CerebralAssassin
01-02-07, 07:31

you've practically destroyed your reputation after posting this pic...

http://www.stanford.edu/~hillson/feynman1.jpg

come on...you have nothin to lose after that catastrophe...:p (your afraid the thread will crash and burn ay??:D )

Andromeda66
02-02-07, 05:47
Hey hey...

Dont go there http://www.frostjedi.com/phpbb/images/smiles/nono.gif

ANYTHING about Feynman and I skin you alive and roast you over a slow fire :p

And about the thread, if I ever end up making one in the near future, you owe me BIG time :p

CerebralAssassin
02-02-07, 20:41
Hey hey...

Dont go there http://www.frostjedi.com/phpbb/images/smiles/nono.gif

ANYTHING about Feynman and I skin you alive and roast you over a slow fire :p

And about the thread, if I ever end up making one in the near future, you owe me BIG time :p

HEY,is that the middle finger you're extending at me???

anything you say or post may and WILL be used against you in the court of law...I don't let ANYTHING slide!!!:mis: :mis:

oh,and if you DO open a math thread,I am SOOOO gonna let it crash and burn...just to watch you squirm!!:p

Lara Croft!
02-02-07, 22:15

True....Not surprised to see you in this thread Jacob! (I am surprised though about myself....:D )

CerebralAssassin
02-02-07, 22:22
True....Not surprised to see you in this thread Jacob! (I am surprised though about myself....:D )

I'm not surprised...because I know you DO like math but won't admit it!!:p mias pou se do,ela na sou deidaxo liga mathimatika..1+1=1 !! :mis:

Reggie
02-02-07, 22:26

More of a general help/discussion thread, I saw some of these threads before and figured it might be useful.

Here's the link if you're interested ;): http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=84004

Andromeda66
03-02-07, 10:17
HEY,is that the middle finger you're extending at me???

Its an index finger

:vlol: Lookin at it your way just cracks me up!!

Anyways its an all-age forum so no [Integral] e^x equations here. :p

anything you say or post may and WILL be used against you in the court of law...I don't let ANYTHING slide!!!:mis: :mis:

I'll watch the posts but how you gonna know what I say hm? :mis:
As If I'm even subjectible to the American justice sysmtem!

oh,and if you DO open a math thread,I am SOOOO gonna let it crash and burn...just to watch you squirm!!:p

You evil math scientist! You love math WAY too much to let anything associated with it crash and burn. :p

REGGIE: Your thread is somewhere on the antique shelf. I dont know if i can bring it back to life.

Reggie
03-02-07, 10:27
REGGIE: Your thread is somewhere on the antique shelf. I dont know if i can bring it back to life.

Its less than a month (just over half a month) since the last post was made. I wouldn't call it the antique shelf...I guess things just move on very quickly around here...anyway if a thread dies it dies and I'm not bothered about it. All threads have to die at some point anyway ;)