PDA

View Full Version : Video uploaders of You Tube to be paid a small share of profit?!

Medipack
30-01-07, 07:14
WOW! I just saw it on the news, it said that uploaders on you tube were to be paid a small amount of the profit google earns from the Adverts its planning to plaster it with every time someone veiws their video!

Ill look on the net for some more information, personally, I think its great :D

Rivendell
30-01-07, 07:18
Wow cool! I bet it doesn't include fan videos of TR, that might be breaking into the copywrite law :cln:

rewak
30-01-07, 07:20
Doesnt seem that impressive to me. Id rather have no ad's blocking my view of the video that get paid less that a penny for a video i upload.

Rivendell
30-01-07, 07:22
Hmm, downside is the advertisments before the video's themselves though I guess.

rewak
30-01-07, 07:23
I knew this would happen as soon as Google bought over YouTube and it sickens me. I do not want adverts when im watching videos.

Medipack
30-01-07, 07:24
ED (http://www.theworldnews.com.au/)IT: Nevermind, I found it : http://www.theworldnews.com.au/region.php?id=134431&region=4

Upload video, download cash
30.1.2007. 19:31:46

http://203.15.102.140/assetbin/1912_YouTube_g184.jpgInternet giant Google plans to share advertising revenues from YouTube with users of the video-sharing website.

Britain's Financial Times newspaper quoted Chad Hurley — the co-founder of YouTube who sold the site to Google for US$1.65 billion last year – as saying it would introduce the system within months.

Mr Hurley spoke to the paper at the weekend on the fringes of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Mr Hurley told the FT that YouTube had not yet decided how large the payments would be but pointed towards Google's rapidly growing advertising revenues.

Until now, YouTube had resisted the revenue-sharing business model because "we didn't feel it was a great way to build a community," the FT quoted Hurley as saying.

Since last October's Google takeover, Hurley added that "we are getting an audience large enough where we have an opportunity to support creativity, to foster creativity through sharing revenue with our users."

rewak
30-01-07, 07:57
Since last October's Google takeover, Hurley added that "we are getting an audience large enough where we have an opportunity to support creativity, to foster creativity through sharing revenue with our users."

YouTube is used by millions of people per day. Millions of videos are watched each day. The only reason they're adding ad's to them is the make a lot of cash, but to avoid any backlash from people (like me) they're saying "We'll pay you to watch this". Well, sorry, but in reality, i get 0.0001% of the venue. I'm not falling for it, and i wont stand for ad's. I'll go elsewhere for my videos, thanks.

buffytabor
30-01-07, 18:24
YouTube is used by millions of people per day. Millions of videos are watched each day. The only reason they're adding ad's to them is the make a lot of cash, but to avoid any backlash from people (like me) they're saying "We'll pay you to watch this". Well, sorry, but in reality, i get 0.0001% of the venue. I'm not falling for it, and i wont stand for ad's. I'll go elsewhere for my videos, thanks.

I agree. What a rip. I do not like this at all.

jjbennett
30-01-07, 18:31
The ads are going to be about 4 seconds each and the profits will be minimal.

J.