PDA

View Full Version : ridiculous forms of advertisement

Destroyer Op 89
31-01-07, 16:34
i just laughed at this very strange situation..my mother came and told us about this "make an hiv testing and receive 10 dollar gift card to mcdonalds?!!" has anyone else seen or heard about this ridiculous sounding thing ? ...:confused: apparently they also saw this advertisement at CHURCH!!? how do ya guys feel about this if youd encounter it ? i dunno but the whole testing is a bit more serious than giving out cards to buy burgers at the local fast food market to me :confused:

irjudd
31-01-07, 16:35
Nope never heard of such a silly thing. $10 worth of McDonalds is surely more deadly than HIV :p

Janny
31-01-07, 16:36
They're just trying to attract more people to them. They mean well, because they want more and more people to understand that health is important- so they're helping even if it may sound silly. After all people love fast food, so.. ;)
In my country testing for HIV is completely free.

Mona Sax
31-01-07, 16:37
I think it's a good thing. I'm sure it'll make more people take a test. Of course it's a bit sad if people only do it for the $10, but what the heck, it's the result that counts.

Destroyer Op 89
31-01-07, 16:38
They're just trying to attract more people to them. They mean well, because they want more and more people to understand that health is important- so they're helping even if it may sound silly. After all people love fast food, so.. ;)
In my country testing for HIV is completely free.

its a bit sad ppl need to be attracted to free food and stuff to get a health check up :confused: specially a hiv/ or aids on :confused:

ELEN
31-01-07, 17:17
its a bit sad ppl need to be attracted to free food and stuff to get a health check up :confused: specially a hiv/ or aids on :confused:

There are many people who are not careful and think "It won't happen to me". The worst thing is that they don't make the necessary tests.

Regarding the ad, it probably sounds "silly", but it's one more try to make people have some tests and make them realize that having one test every year is not that difficult.

Lara's Boy
31-01-07, 17:21
Nope never heard of such a silly thing. $10 worth of McDonalds is surely more deadly than HIV :p

lmao....McDonalds = Spontaneous Combustion :D

But, at least they're getting the message out there to people who probably didn't think about it before; whatever they have to do, as long as people are more cognizant about HIV testing, the better.

Mr.Burns
31-01-07, 17:23
There are many people who are not careful and think "It won't happen to me". The worst thing is that they don't make the necessary tests.

Regarding the ad, it probably sounds "silly", but it's one more try to make people have some tests and make them realize that having one test every year is not that difficult.

Agreed. Most of the time the carrot method is needed to get those that need testing the most to the centers. Simple psychology.

Terminatorvs
01-02-07, 15:35
:vlol: :vlol: :vlol: is all I can type. Ridiculous!

Legend of Lara
01-02-07, 17:39
Like irjudd said, 10$ worth of McDonals IS more deadly than HIV. :p And McDonalds isn't kid-friendly either. Just look at that scary clown. :yik:

Tomb Raider Master
01-02-07, 19:00
They're just trying to convince people to make testing. And I think that's a good thing, at least in one way.

tomblover
01-02-07, 19:15
In Sweden, we got this weird advertisement about the bed brand Hästens. (If translated, it means "That Horse's"...) They advertise about that they're gonna make the beds more expensive! I mean, who does that? It might be a smart way to get a big stream of people who want to buy a bed, but to me it's quite stupid.

And another one about a Swedish detergent brand named Via, wich has the slogan "Dirt is good"... Quite smart idea, but if they say that dirt is good, why have a detergent at all?

That HIV thing is hilarious! :vlol: